A small victory.....

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Believing I Can

A small victory.....

Post by Believing I Can »

I just wanted to share something.  Last night, on the way home, we stopped for gas and our house guest was going inside the store for a couple of items.  He asked if I would share some ice cream with him, if he bought some.  Pre-LDL, I would have jumped at the offer, but last night the first thought that came to mind was: fat + sugar=FAT ON ME.  I said "no, thank you, I really don't care for any".  It felt soooo good to not have the craving for anything like that.  Also, we have had bread in the house all week for our guest, and I have been making toast each morning for him, but while he eats his toast, I am happily munching on my Corn Thin (or the Golden Disk, as my husband calls them). YAY!!!!!!  ;D
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
sval59

Re: A small victory.....

Post by sval59 »

You're doing fantastic!  That's a big victory!

Cheryl
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Believing I Can wrote:I just wanted to share something.  Last night, on the way home, we stopped for gas and our house guest was going inside the store for a couple of items.  He asked if I would share some ice cream with him, if he bought some.  Pre-LDL, I would have jumped at the offer, but last night the first thought that came to mind was: fat + sugar=FAT ON ME.  I said "no, thank you, I really don't care for any".  It felt soooo good to not have the craving for anything like that.  Also, we have had bread in the house all week for our guest, and I have been making toast each morning for him, but while he eats his toast, I am happily munching on my Corn Thin (or the Golden Disk, as my husband calls them). YAY!!!!!!   ;D

WHOO WHOO....Good for you Carol  :thumbsup:  YOU GO GIRL!!

Doreen
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Doreen:

Great to have you back.  You were missed!

Cheryl
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

sval59 wrote:Doreen:

Great to have you back.  You were missed!

Cheryl

Gee, thanks  :blush:  I missed y'all too - very much!

Doreen
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

How nice to have you back, Doreen!  We always miss "family" when they're not with us.  Welcome home.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Thanks, Pat, I am so glad to be home, and back 100% LDL...it's so awesome that I actually missed my old familiar LDL comfort zone I have come to LOVE!

Good to be Home!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

It's SO true, D.  Many times I have been poring over a restaurant menu, with all those temptations laid out of my feet (so to speak) when what I REALLY wanted was to go home to a nice hot savory bowl of bean soup.  Doesn't say much for my social life, does it?

BTW, Carol - the golden disk... love that!  Good JOB!  :thumbsup:
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

I know how it feels to live with the temptations right in front of me.  Most days I obstain, others I take a bite or 2 (I log the poor choices).  I have noticed that I now "hide" the corn thins (golden disks).  If I feel like I am "sneaking" one or two while cooking dinner or the next days lunch, then I "feel" rewarded, but that I haven't gone astray.  If I leave corn thins out (where bread is) then I have a tendency to over indulge in the corn thins.  I don't even look at bread any more and haven't missed it.  Actually, I haven't used butter at all either (not even icbn).  I don't even want anything dairy (the first couple of weeks I would allow myself 1/4 cup of sugar free fat free yogurt).  So, I too need to count my small victories.  Sometimes it helps to have others post those, so I can see them in my life, thanks!

--Jill
If you fall off the horse, climb right back on!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Jill, that's a good idea to hold back something totally acceptable to have as a treat or reward.  I've been doing that with my popcorn without realizing that I was doing it.  Thanks for the head's up!  (I post it when I eat it, but I don't eat it one tenth as much as I want it!)
ImageImage
Believing I Can

Jill,
When Doreen first told me about LDL, I thought that I could never give up bread, potatoes, or sugar, but I decided to give the program a try anyway.  To my surprise, I have not missed bread or potatoes at all, and when I have a chocolate craving (my old weakness), I just head for the frozen grapes, and that usually takes care of it.  You are so right about the small victories.  Small victories added together is what eventually wins the war.  I have gotten so many good ideas from this website by reading other posts.  For example, your post about "hiding" the golden disks is a great one.  I really enjoy them, so by using them as you suggested, I would feel like they were a treat.  I am going to try that!  Thanks.  

Gwen,
I agree that several times I have looked at a menu and nothing compared to what I had prepared at home.  
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Believing I Can wrote:Jill,
When Doreen first told me about LDL, I thought that I could never give up bread, potatoes, or sugar, but I decided to give the program a try anyway.  To my surprise, I have not missed bread or potatoes at all, and when I have a chocolate craving (my old weakness), I just head for the frozen grapes, and that usually takes care of it.  
Gwen,
I agree that several times I have looked at a menu and nothing compared to what I had prepared at home.  

Carol,

I don't want to say I told You So....but....I TOLD YOU SO!!!  I didn't push the issue when I was talking to you about LDL, about giving up bread & potatoes, you had to find out on your own!  I am so glad you're here and LOVIN LDL *love* *love*

I wasn't totally convinced either, until I started it myself!

Gwen,

I found myself a bit grumpy when I looked at the menu at the restaurants to find there weren't any BEANS!!  Not only that but can imagine a buffet with NO BEANS...that was just despicable!  Ok, I admit it, I'm hooked on beans :inlove:  I hardly touched a bean pre-LDL days.  Unless of course they were loaded with BBQ sauce, brown sugar and pork BBQ mixed in!   

Now a day without beans, is like a day without...err...gas?  LOL, :blush:  just kidding...like a day without SUNSHINE...and since I live in the SUNSHINE state, that is unthinkable!

I've come a LONG WAY BABY *love*

Have a BLESSED weekend!
Doreen
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Saved4Life wrote:I found myself a bit grumpy when I looked at the menu at the restaurants to find there weren't any BEANS!!  Not only that but can imagine a buffet with NO BEANS...that was just despicable!   Ok, I admit it, I'm hooked on beans :inlove:  I hardly touched a bean pre-LDL days.  Unless of course they were loaded with BBQ sauce, brown sugar and pork BBQ mixed in!   

Now a day without beans, is like a day without...err...gas?  LOL, :blush:  just kidding...like a day without SUNSHINE...and since I live in the SUNSHINE state, that is unthinkable!

I've come a LONG WAY BABY *love*

Well, speaking as a newly appointed Bean Princess on the OPCB executive board, I can't tell you how disappointed I am in Governator AAHHHNOLD for not having seen to this before your arrival. 

Veronica?  How have you been managing all these years without beans on your menus?  I know you guys eat out sometimes!  What do you do, carry your own cans & have them heated up???  What???
ImageImage
Believing I Can

Saved4Life wrote:
I don't want to say I told You So....but....I TOLD YOU SO!!!  I didn't push the issue when I was talking to you about LDL, about giving up bread & potatoes, you had to find out on your own!  I am so glad you're here and LOVIN LDL *love* *love*

Yep - you DID tell me, but like you said, I didn't believe it.  Like you, before LDL, I hardly ever ate beans unless they were baked with all the bad stuff, but now I love them and miss them when they are not available.  I especially like how they mix so well with other foods.  YUM!!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Gwennie...you just need to know where to go!! Del Taco, Taco Bell, Apple Bee's, Chile's, Millies, MAYBE Norm's, Denny's...see there's lots of places to go and get your beans@!!
omigosho
New, but learning

Post by omigosho »

So great for you!  I can hear the whistle of the train to skinnytown!  I am so happy to see the victory you are having.  I too went out to a party my first on this plan.  I was really nervous.  Like I might mess up big time.  I made a fruit smoothie and drank it on the way.  Then we arrived and there were trays of pulled pork and beef macaroni and cheese rolls jello salads etc... and a cake the size of my mini van.  It was a party for 5 guys turning 40.....  So I meandered down the line skipping all of the above till I got to the end of the line and there it was a big green salad and a relish tray with BEETS!  My favorite.  I ate a salad olives and beets with a small bowl of corn.  I was full.  Then the cake and desserts were passed around you know that is the hardest time...  I didn't want any didn't crave any just sipped my cup of Joe!
Several people at the table asked me what I was up to because they know my usual routine.... so I told them. FUN!  Someone even noticed that I looked skinnier!!! 
As for the corn thins.....our household motto.... A corn thin on the lips is less on the hips.....
Hee Hee
Happy Sunday to you all and don't forget to put your clocks forward!!!!

Jennifer
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzhsoy2/]
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwen,

I so agree - Arrrnnnnooollldd, being the gov of Kaleyfornia, should have arranged for Beans A Plenty at all restaurants, just in case we happened to dine there while we were in Kaleyfornia!

*love*I just LOVE LDL, and especially all the lovely people here *love*

Doreen