Can someone tell me how to make the paper bag popcorn?

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Can someone tell me how to make the paper bag popcorn?

Post by Gwennaford »

That is weird.  Maybe different varieties need different amounts of oil and yours just won't pop without it.  I buy plain old yellow popcorn in bulk from Sam's Club now, 50 pounds at a time.  LOL seriously.  Before that I got the same plain generic stuff in 1 or 2 pound bags at the regular grocery store.  I did splurge on O.R. gourmet one time, but felt it was overrated.  It MAY have popped up bigger, but for the price I could afford to use 2-3 times of the generic stuff and still save $$.  So I'm cheap - what can I say?

But it HAS to be yellow.  White popcorn has absolutely zero taste to me. 

Once when I was a kid I whined until my dad bought the multicolored kind and was severely disappointed when he was right -- the color disappeared and it popped up white just like the regular kind.  What is the deal with that? 

Has anyone out there in Lunch Land ever tried the fancy black popcorn?  Or any other varieties that were especially good? 

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Gwen,

I am using Great Value Yellow popping corn from Walmart. It was pretty cheap, 2lbs for $1.29.
I am cheap too! haha

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I used to get the same thing.  Great Value.  Hmm.  It's a puzzler!
ImageImage
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

I know, it's just not meant to be for me to make popcorn in the microwave or w/out oil on the stove, it's really annoying!!
Hey would you go look at the post that made in the question and answer discussion about Hidden Valley ranch and see if you can answer my question? No one has posted on it yet and I am dieing to know the answer. Thanks Gwen!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

What did it look like after it popped?  I thought it was just white.

Your culinary expertise constantly amazes me!  Winning that contest was SO impressive.  What was your entry?
ImageImage