Beginning tomorrow!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
terr39
New, but learning

Re: Beginning tomorrow!

Post by terr39 »

Good morning Julie and Tina,
Tina- thanks for your assistance and comments!! I appreciate your feedback and friendship. We are all in this together ! Thats great your husband is doing it with you. I hope to get my BF to join in when he sees what LLL is doing for me!!

Julie- Did your book arrive yet? I am waiting for mine too. Are you starting the plan anyway? I am on my second day. I know I am not following all the rules, but am changing my eating alrready and more importantly my mindset!

Have a great day everyone!
Terri
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Terri,

I'm sure your BF will come around when he sees how great you are going to start feeling and that the food is so great. I love how I don't feel like I'm on a diet. Any other time I have been trying to eat healthy I always felt like I was on a diet but with ldl I do not feel deprived at all. We can do this together and I pray that your BF will join you soon!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Terri,

No, I didn't get the book yet but I started with the guidelines in First and also with the tremendous amount of info available on this site. The support has been wonderful from the community. I have had no question gone unanswered. I agree with you that it is important to begin anyway so you get used to doing the right things. I already lost over 5 lbs in 4 days and as you said - not following all the rules explicitly. I believe the book will make everything clear at which point I can refine what I have begun. I am feeling better too! Imagine the change when we jump in the deep end! 

I do wish I knew when the book will arrive- I am really excited about this.

I would wish you luck but I don't think you will need it! Hope to hear about your progress soon.

Julie :rose:
terr39
New, but learning

Post by terr39 »

HI Julie,
Did you get your book yet? i am still waiting but doing way better along the way. Still need to eat more correctly in the evenings. breakfast and lunch i have down down.
I agree with you that everyone is terrific on this site and there is so much information. I havbe hardly been working!!  :happy:
Let me know how you are doing!
Terri *love*
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Terri,

I am doing well. Thanks for asking. I went to a family celebration yesterday; my grandson graduated Pre K!!! :D
I managed to make the right food choices during the school breakfast and even brought my own food.for the BBQ afterwards -  But alas I was hungry waiting for everyone else's food to be ready and had some tortilla chips with salsa. I hope I didn't do too much damage. I am going to focus on what I did right! :thumbsup: In the past that one slip would have led to 2 and 3 and then a "What the heck - I Blew it anyway." But that didn't happen this time ---even when Pizza and fried calamari came for dinner. I had a salad and was OK.

How are you doing?  Did your book arrive? It is so exciting when it does. All becomes more clear. Hope to hear more from  you. For me - your post and your caring could not have come at a better time. Thank you!

Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

electricj1316 wrote:Terri,

I'm sure your BF will come around when he sees how great you are going to...  Tina

Tina's 100% right, you know.  But if your boy friend doesn't "come around" for the right reasons, he surely will for the wrong one.  It takes a DOL (Dirty Old Lady) like me to point out that he'll drop weight out of jealousy when he notes all the competition your great new body (and that tropics tan) attracts.  :tongue:

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Gemini the Younger on June 8th, 2009, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
terr39
New, but learning

Post by terr39 »

Hi Julie,
Wondering how you are doing? 
Sounds like you did well at the graduation. It takes a while to get over all the bad eating habits we are all so familiar with. The fact is you caught yourself and didn't let it discourage you! We all have constant challenges everyday! 
I got my book last night and am reading it right now. After BF left at 4:30 this morning, made a smoothie and am roasting garlic for the soup! Smells yummy!! My family loved the Taco soup. I have to go get Beano though :shock: My BF says it was hard to sleep with me the other night.  Kinda made me laugh!
Happy Wednesday !
Terri *love*
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Terri,

Good to hear from you ---been really busy at work so have been mia a bit.

I am doing really well. I am down 10 lbs already - shhhhh-  *lipssealed* - don't tell Roger I weighed myself.

Don't worry about your BF. He won't mind a little stank when he sees how good you look. The beano will help but if it doesn't you will have some precious alone time now and then.  Not so bad. And you can't be responsible for what you do in your sleep :shocked:

It sounds like you are having fun cooking new things, I haven't tried any soups yet ---soon. What else do you recommend? Lots of good recipes in the book to investigate :thumbsup:

One thing I thought was funny/odd - I feel like I am breaking up with the "bad" foods after a long relationship with them. Sometimes I fell a little pull and look at them longingly. Sometimes I am a little angry that they are around - like "What the heck are you doing here?" It really is like losing someone close. The most important thing is that I have the knowledge and support to continue to "Walk on By" like my friend Dionne used to sing.

terr39
New, but learning

Post by terr39 »

Hi Julie,
Happy Friday! YAY!! WOW, 10 lbs.. thats great. I won't terll!!

I am having trouble in the evenings, when family and friends wanna go out to eat or sit down to dinner. Last night though I had just fruit. SO I feel like I have been slowly coming around and am now three meals a day LDL. I think I will keep a food diary on the food diary part of this board. Keep me way more honest to write it down ...

It is like a break up . Hard to not think about it. But, this is not a diet, it is a way of living and about choices and taking responsibility for what we put in our mouths. I want to look good in my 50's and want to get rid of the high blood pressure and have my clothes fit nice.I am commited to changing my ways that got me here!!!
I am still having trouble with gas. Been taking Beano and Gas X.. I think I am a factory!!! :)
The garlic soup is excellent. I made it and everyone liked it!
Going to make the Pizza soup this weekend.
I need to make a bunch of soups and freeze them. We don't cook in our kitchen in the summer. Too hot here in California. We BBQ. So I need to plan ahead. We have had cool weather, but it will change to scorching soon!!! Where do you live??
Gotta get ready for work.
HAve a great weekend!!!
Terri