Hello All, I'm new to all this. Just ordered my book last night.

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Keb

Hello All, I'm new to all this. Just ordered my book last night.

Post by Keb »

Hello all you LDL's out there!
I ordered my book last night directly through LDL's site. I've tried to order through my local bookstore but they said they are on back order and further they need to reprint new books! Good for LDL! I hate to admit it but I'm a yo-yo dieter! I've tried so many things to lose weight...some have worked, some haven't! But i am really looking to have a "normal" lifestyle that includes good food that i can do for a life time not just the moment! This sounds wonderful! I Read the article in First Magazine while on vacation. I am a pastors wife so i am constantly under scrutiny. I want to be healthy so that i can spread the Word. But i don't look like God is Lord of my life. Food looks like it is Lord of my life. My husband and i are going to be doing this together. I'm not sure where to get started so I've begun here. Any suggestions out there? can i get started while waiting on the book? Thanks in advance! keb
electricj1316
Master Member

Re: Hello All, I'm new to all this. Just ordered my book last night.

Post by electricj1316 »

Hey Keb!! Welcome!! It is great to have you!! I also am in ministry at my church, I sing on the worship team and we have over 2000 members that have to look at me every Sunday. I feel the same way about not being a good example for our congregation of God being in control instead of food. I am happy to say that I have been able to do this because God brought this into my life! I also failed at many diets and it made me feel like I was failing not only myself but the people I could be influencing and failing God by not following His command to treat our bodies as a temple. I have been able to tell many people, who have seen me changing physically and spiritually, about ldl and how I feel like it is the way God intended for us to eat. Some have bought the book and are starting their journey. It feels great to be used to bring people to good health while at the same time being able to live my life to the fullest the way God intended.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Keb,

I aslo forgot to tell you that you can definitely get started while waiting on your book! That is what I did and what many people do. You can ask as many questions as you need to and always get great and quick answers. Go to "how to start let's do lunch" on the general discussion board and that will greatly help. I look forward to hearing more from you! My husband plays bass on our worship team and he is doing ldl also and he is loving it. It says that he loves how he never has to go hungry.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Keb

Post by Keb »

Hi Tina,

Thanks for taking the time to answer me. What a blessing to be going through this process of weight loss with your husband. My spouse is a great encourager too by going through this with me. He needs to lose weight as much as i do. I need to figure out the "ticker"  thing to track weight loss. I am so technically challenged that even small or it's so easy....is not so for me  *grrr*
We are headed on a mission trip to KY next week for a week and our meals are going to be cooked for us so this will be interesting to try and figure out what to choose to eat without hurting the feelings of those who cooked it. Keeping it in prayer. As soon as i get off this computer i am clearing out my cupboards of all the processed items that are not good for us. Have a blessed day. I encourage you my sister in Christ to continue pleasing the Lord in His plan for you. Praise God!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks Keb! It is great being on this journey with you!

You will find that the ticker is easy to do even if your computer challenged!  :laughing:
Just click on my ticker and it will take you to a website, there you will have step by step instructions on how to make yours. Once you finish, at the bottom of the page, go to the first little box that has a url in it. Highlight it all then right click and hit copy. Then go back to this site and click profile. Then to the left click forum profile information. Scroll down to where it says signature. Right click in the box and click paste. And then go to the bottom of the page and click change profile. And you will have one. If you want to make one for your husband you just go to someones ticker and click on it and follow the same steps as before. When you make it just go to the end of your url for your ticker in your signature box and hit enter a couple of times and then paste his below yours. I hope it works!! Let me know if you can't get it to work and I will see if I can help figure out why it doesn't.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
stephyanders

Post by stephyanders »

I started yesterday, but won't have the book til next week at the earliest... First off, it feels amazing! I'm full all of the time, and when I do get hungry, I can have a lot of great foods! For starters, please try the pizza soup recipe that floats around here! After making that last night, it really solidified my dedication because it was delicious and GOOD for you! Have you ever heard both of those words together to describe dieting???
My only problem is that once in awhile I have a huge sweet tooth, so I will always have some snack on hand to combat that!

Congratulations! I think this board will become your best friend!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Stephyanders,
It is so great that you are already feeling amazing! Frozen grapes always seems to quench my sweet tooth!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
stephyanders

Post by stephyanders »

I havent tried the frozen grapes yet (too much crap in the freezer that I need to toss but haven't had the time), but have also read that frozen watermelon is good too! I actually had grapes, and after reading about the melon I went and bought one.
Day two is successfully completed with no problems! I do notice that when I go into a grocery store, my mind jumps to cravings, but as soon as I'm out everything is ok. I can honestly say that of all the diets I've tried, this is the one I'm going to stick with!
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Stephyanders,

I also freeze cantaloupe, strawberries, and peaches. It won't be long and when you go to the grocery store you will be craving all of the fruits and veggies and the junk food won't look so good to you anymore. I know that is hard to believe but you will see for yourself soon enough.  *woot*

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

While waiting for your book, read the posts, recipes, journals, success stories and FAQs page. The site is wonderful and the members are even better. We're glad you're here and you will be too. God Bless, Eljayne
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

electricj1316 wrote:Stephyanders,

I also freeze cantaloupe, strawberries, and peaches. It won't be long and when you go to the grocery store you will be craving all of the fruits and veggies and the junk food won't look so good to you anymore. I know that is hard to believe but you will see for yourself soon enough.  *woot*

Tina

As hot and humid as it is already, I'm getting really friendly with my Gemsicles.  I cube whatever fruit I have on hand, arrange it in colorful layers, filling large paper cups about 2/3s full, add a splash of fruit juice to within 1/2 inch of the rims, and then freeze.  You can add a popsicle stick, but it's less drippy to just peel down the side of the cup as you slurp and eat your frozen treat.  I make batches at a time, experimenting with different combinations of color, texture, and flavor.  It's a a delicious way to use fruit that's over ripening (because I bought too much out of the sheer joy of having it in my life again, :inlove: :drool:) and they keep for weeks in storage bags tucked into the freezer...if they last that long!  :laughing:

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Gemini the Younger wrote: It's a a delicious way to use fruit that's over ripening (because I bought too much out of the sheer joy of having it in my life again, :inlove: :drool:) and they keep for weeks in storage bags tucked into the freezer...if they last that long! 

THAT'S how margo starting making what she called "let's do lunch ice cream"................her husband, the general(as we call him), would take walks around the different markets in her area and bring home the fruit that's overripe and she'd clean it, freeze it and food process it or put it in the blender(i'm not sure what she used)..... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
bethp

Post by bethp »

All of that sounds good! My freezer is to the point of overflowing....my daughter says there is no room for her stuff!  :shocked: but oh, well!

Today I took out one of my frozen bananas (peel before freezing) and ate it like a popsicle. It was so good. I have processed just the bananas and it came out like a creamy ice cream. Yummy!
Welcome to both of you. You have found a great place to be!  :thumbsup:
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

welcome to you, you will find lots of support and encouragement here, and ldl is so food friendly.  I also use lots of frozen fruits, sometimes for smoothies, sometimes to stop cravings, sometimes to keep me awake while driving.  am learning to substitute beans for lots of high carb foods (like mashed potatoes)
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

These are just great tips regarding the frozen fruit. i was telling my husband the other day, we have to stock up on fruit during this fruit season and we can FREEZE it for winter. Winter in MN is not condusive to fresh fruit without a big bag of money in most cases. :thumbsup: Thanks, Eljayne
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome, all I can say is "ditto" to what everyone has already said. I cruised these boards for a couple of weeks before I finally ordered the book. Everyone on the boards are so friendly and helpful that it is like we are all one big family.

I like almost every kind of bean so I should really enjoy a lot of the recipes in the book and on these boards. Good luck on you new journey!

Martha
lose20by40
New, but learning

Post by lose20by40 »

Hello,
I am also a newbie.  I joined the site over a week ago but I just received and read my book today.  Wow! A lot of information to take in but I think I have the basics.  Tina...if you are out there, can you tell me why the Paul Newman dressings don't specify which one's are okay...are all the Newman dressings okay?  To my fellow newbies, keep me posted on your success.  If anyone knows the answers to these questions or have any helpful hints, feel free to share. 
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

Eljayne wrote:Winter in MN is not condusive to fresh fruit without a big bag of money in most cases. :thumbsup: Thanks, Eljayne

Winter in MN is barely conducive to humans, Eljayne!!!  *evil*  

GEM...Booked on the

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage