2 weeks and 10lbs!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Jazmyn
Master Member

2 weeks and 10lbs!

Post by Jazmyn »

Hey there everyone! Just had to pop in and celebrate that 10lbs is GONE! I have been doing LDL for 2 weeks now and more importantly than the 10lbs gone, is the way I feel. I feel amazing. Like a new person really. No headaches, no sugar cravings or sugar highs and lows. I did not think it was possible to lose the cravings..I am sorry, but I didn't. I had to give myself a chance to see for myself. They go away, they just disappear. I have been a HUGE diet coke addict..that has gone away as well. It just doesn't appeal to me the way it use to.

I have battled my weight since I was 7 years old. I have tried all the plans and was considering WLS. I didn't want to do that though. I am so thankful LDL found me!  :D
I got horrible kidney stones on Atkins...it worked..but it wasn't worth ruining my kidneys. This plan..this life long way of eating works..and it FEELS completely right.

Planning and preperation is key for me. It takes time and commitment, but not in a way that makes me dread doing it. I feel happier about just about everything in the last 2 weeks!

I have met some wonderful people here on the boards. We are blessed to have each other for support and information. Thank you Roger for your continued support of all of us.

Here is to all of us on our journeys, wishing everyone happy todays and even brighter tomorrows!

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
isthis4me

Re: 2 weeks and 10lbs!

Post by isthis4me »

Ooooooo Jazmyn  *hug* so happy for you  :rose:
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Keep up the good work :rose:
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Thanks everyone! Your support and encouragement mean alot to me  *hug*

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Jazmyn,

I am so happy for you. Congratulations! Doesn't it feel good to feel good?

Your story really resonates with me. At around age 10, I started packing on the lbs.

When I was little I wouldn't eat a lot of foods. It must have been exasperating for my Italian parents but I didn't want to eat pasta and a number of other things that are part of our culture. They started to coerce and bribe me to eat and I found that by eating I could gain their approval. This was the beginning of an unhealthy relationship with food. I have found out in recent years that I have a lot of food sensitivities. So my body knew what it needed and didn't need instinctively.(The only grains I am not allergic to are Rice and Corn  :D  )

My weight reached an all time high (higher than when I was pregnant with my son) and that scared me.
I also considered WLS but some of the stories I read were more like cautionary tales than success stories.  So I put off making a decision, praying for help. And then I found the First article, the answer to my prayers. 

Like you, after a couple of days all my cravings disappeared too! After a few more days my appetite disappeared!!! What the heck is going on?  Is this for real?  I keep thinking that this is what normal people must feel like. I am not hungry --- just a little, at the appropriate times. And I feel satisfied with a modest amount of food. YEAH!  ;D

Diet coke was an issue for me too. I have a case of it in each of my offices and at home. I also relied heavily on a number of OTC supplements. Some kept my energy and metabolism up, some digested the fat, some dealt with stress. But the weight stuck. I was looking for the energy that the wrong food choices were taking away. Now I just take a vitamin and I am good to go!

I am so happy that you feel amazing - I pray that you and the rest of us continue together. There are so many good people here that are willing to support and give of themselves; it is humbling. I also pray that more people find LDL and use it to live a better life.

Thanks for sharing your success. It helps all of us to hear it.  :kiss:

Julie :rose:
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

Julie  :rose:
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Thank you Julie, what you said sounds so very familiar and I appreciate your words more than you know  *hug*

We can do this...it has been a very natural and easy adjustment. I have always said if I could just have someone lay out a plan for me that kept me feeling good and satisfied, I would follow it and do everything I could to keep myself on track. Everything I tried before, and I do mean everything, would always fall short. Either leave me starving or eating foods I HATED. Or I would sacrifice my health in a different way in order to lose the pounds. I also was very scared to have WLS. I am not saying it is a bad thing for someone if that is their choice. I have a cousin who lost 100lbs in 4 months..she looks amazing. And yet, it never seemed right for me.

Thank you again for your wonderful post Julie  :)

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks for the hug, Jazmyn. It amazes me how similar we all really are.

And to coin a phrase "Yes, we can!"
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

isthis4me,

Funny how that touched me. Simple and direct.

Thanks,
sibelclair

Post by sibelclair »

That is wonderful Jazmyn.  :thumbsup:
Gemini the Younger

Post by Gemini the Younger »

julie409 wrote:Thanks for the hug, Jazmyn. It amazes me how similar we all really are.

Thus the term "sisters under the skin."  And here's another of GEM's favorite mangled quotes, "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves."  Which means that the LDL Family Reunion's gonna be one big party!  What am I bringing?  Why, beans, of course, in GEM'S Beatato Salad:laughing:

Thank you both for sharing.  Your words are inspiring.  :rose:
GEM
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

julie409 wrote:isthis4me,

Funny how that touched me. Simple and direct.

Thanks,
I didnt think words were necessary, I knew you would KNOW the meaning  *hug*
terr39
New, but learning

Post by terr39 »

Congrats Jasmyn!
That is wonderful and so touching to hear your story. I think the main thing I hear is your hope for the future! YOU CAN DO IT!! We are all behind you and can't wait to see your "after" pictures!
I know rewarding myself along the way is very important with Non food items. SO go buy new shoes or a new purse or something until you have and as you lose maybe some new , smaller clothes to excite you along the way!!
Hugs,
Terri *love*
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Naw, I say spend the money on Corn or Bean futures. With the LDL family growing in numbers and shrinking in size, I would guess the demand for these will increase along with the book sales.

;D ;D ;D ;D

bethp

Post by bethp »

Yay, Jazmyn!!! Congratulations!!! It is amazing how the cravings have just vanished! As a long time low carber, everytime I messed up  :sad: it was so hard getting over the hump of going cold turkey again...read cold sweats, nausea, just plain feeling bad just to give up sugar and refined carbs one more time. Not so with LDL...it has been smooth sailing since the beginning.
I am so proud for you and everyone else, including me! 
  *hug* *hug* *hug* and  :kissed:  :kissed:  :kissed:
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Thank you all so very much for your support and encouragement! We are all doing so well and I am so proud of everyone here!

*hug*

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
Jazmyn
Master Member