Loving LDL!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Kero
New, but learning

Loving LDL!!

Post by Kero »

Hi! I am new to posting to the bulletin board community. I First (pun definitely intended  :rolleyes:) read about LDL in the magazine and was eager to give it a try, having just completed a cleansing detox and wanting to find a healthier way of eating and living. My weight, which had never been a problem until I turned 60, has gradually gotten higher and began creating health issues. A completely unexpected job layoff in March pushed my eating over the edge and my weight out of control. My doctor was adament that I needed to get my blood pressure down and my cholesterol levels back to normal ranges, but I was not in an emotional place to deal with any of that.

When I was finally ready, willing and able to take a look at where I was going and where I wanted to be, I knew I had to make some changes. I love how the Spirit of God works to bring into our lives exactly what we need at exactly the time we need it! I was encouraged to go on the Stanley-Burroughs Master Cleanse to detoxify my system and help prepare me to make healthier choices about what I chose to put in my body thereafter. Even though losing weight was not part of my motivation for the detox, I did lose about seven pounds. When I completed the detox, I had no desire to revert to eating all the dairy and carbs I'd been loading up on and was considering Weight Watchers to continue the weight loss. I went to the market to stock up on "low-point" food when I found the magazine; reading the article resonated so completely with me that I stocked up on fruit and veggies instead and started LDL the next day. Even though I could not find the book in any store in town, there was enough information in the article to make a good beginning. I was able to follow the guidelines even during a week's trip for my son's wedding and came home with another two-pound loss! While I was in Tucson, I found the revised publication of LDL and have followed the plan since. I have now lost 22 pounds altogether and have 15 to go! Losing some  weight has made it possible for me to move my body more, and I've joined a fitness club paid for by my medicare supplement plan; I have more energy, dropped one size, and feel good about myself for the first time in six years! I am thankful every day that I found this program and when people ask me how I've lost weight, I enthusiastically share the LDL story with them!
heretotheend

Re: Loving LDL!!

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome Kero...............when it comes to losing weight this is the place to be............this community is just great...........the food is fantastic and so filling...........best of luck on your trip to Skinnytown!!!!!

Cookie
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Kero- Congratulations on the great results.  LDL is wonderful!  Keep up the great job of improving your health.  Pam
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

What wonderful encouragement , Kero, from your testimonial. I am inspired by your urgency regarding your program.
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

I have seen several people post about the article on LDL. Where can I find that article?
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

It was in FIRST magazine (at the grocery checkouts) in May 2009.  I'm not sure if the artice is here on line anywhere but you can get more information than the article has by opening the posts on Doing LDL.  RT's book, of course, is the program.

*hug*
Ginny
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks to Marga who still had the magazine, she was able to scan it and sent it our. I was able to upload it to the LDL Facebook page.
Here is the link to the first page. For some reason the pages are out of order.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Do-L ... 45&theater

If you print them out you can figure how they go together.
Just remember that it is a maghazine and the first 2 pages go side by side, then the next 2 side by side.
I use it as a simple introduction to let people know about LDL so they have something to think about before committing.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

Linda, for some reason, your facebook link did not totally "turn to a link" and I could not access the First Magazine post.

So I copy and pasted it in my address bar and it then worked.  (I copied that link and am re=posting the FULL link here for you.  Hope it works.):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-Do-L ... ater 

Kathy (bludaffodil)

PS Looks like the "whole link" did not post for me either , so it looks like everyone will have to copy and paste the link in their address bar, too.