Personal Proof the Scale LIES !

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: Personal Proof the Scale LIES !

Post by EnJae »

Gem;
I was commenting on the humor of MY naivete, not on YOUR words. Please do not alter your humor for me. I think you're hilarious.
NJ
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Gwen, I would LOVE to show you how to Clog  :rose:  Please keep us posted on your surgery.

*hug*
Ginny
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

EnJae wrote:Gem;
I was commenting on the humor of MY naivete, not on YOUR words. Please do not alter your humor for me. I think you're hilarious.
NJ

Well, in that case, did you hear the one.... *evil*

And if you want to talk about naivete, I was so innocent, even at age 45, when I heard the word "h o r n y" for the first time, I thought it referred to someone acting like the devil.  Wanting to be as with it as my new teenage college classmates, I coolly (or so I thought  :blush:) called our Statistics professor "h o r n y" because our first semester exam clearly proved that he was the devil when it came to testing.  Oh my...I can laugh about it now...but when word got back to him, and I was called into his office, lo, those many years ago, and he realized I really didn't know the slang meaning of the word, he seemed to be more embarrassed for me, than I was for myself.  After that, those poor children thought I was a real swinger!  I'm blushing all over again, just remembering!

:kissed:
GEM

:kissed:
GEM
Joanie
New, but learning

Post by Joanie »

Gwen - I am so happy for you!  You are an inspiration to us all!  My husband just went through knee replacement.  Do all the "exercises" before and after, do what they tell you to do, and you will be GREAT!  I am soooooo happy for you! 
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

My experience of the scale lies:

At my one month weigh in I did this test of the scale.  I weighed everyday for a week....roughly the same time each day and in the evening, the heaviest time of the day.  Then I took the average of those figures.  Results - lost 2 lbs the 1st month.

However, the weight showing on the last day of this test....my actual 1 month day.....was the same weight as my starting figure.  I started at 151 and my one month figure was also 151.
That means, if I didn't know better, that I could have said this doesn't work.  SO NOT TRUE!!!

Everyone is right about NOT getting caught up in the numbers on the scale.  Rely on how your clothes fit and how you are feeling more than what the scale says.

I didn't mention this until now because I intended to do this same test on the 2nd and 3rd month weigh ins.......but I didn't.  Too much trouble!  So after seeing a difference in myself and my clothes I was happy to let the scale tell me I had lost 8 pounds after 3 months on LDL.  It may be true or not quite true but I'm happy about the direction I'm going!

mrsj
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Very scientific, MrsJ!  I like the way your mind works.  Congratulations on being an LDL Loser.  No matter how we measure it, WE WIN!

Loves, Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Gwennaford,

I am so happy this topic came back up. I seemed to have missed it too and that would have been sad. I am so thrilled for you and for the rest of the LDL community to be able to read about your tremendous success that has NOTHING TO DO WITH WEIGHT LOSS!  *woot* *woot* *woot* You are the incredible shrinking woman! And you are an inspiration to us all.

Mary told us about how this happenned to her; after she was done losing weight - her body kept losing inches. But I thought that was a bonus that would come at the end. Hearing that this could happen in the beginning or middle or any old time at all is just incredible!

If I was not doing LDL and gotten to know all of you wonderful people, I don't think I could have quite believed that someone could drop SOOOO many sizes without losing a single pound. Oh, I would have conceded it would have been possible if there was some serious weight training involved, but you have proven that the impossible is indeed possible.

I can't wait to hear how your knee operation goes.  *hug*  I know you will be the poster child for a speedy recovery as well. With your attitude, you can't miss!  :thumbsup: I really hope we can keep this topic near the top for others to read and be inspired esp if they are still hesitant.

Julie :rose:
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

:'( Oh Gwenn, thank you SO MUCH for sharing that... you are one of my heroes!
Tiffany
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

hopefull

Post by hopefull »

so Gwenn!!!! How are you doing? Have you had the knee surgery yet and if so how did it all go?
Maybe you have posted somewhere else but haven't found it.
Thanks for being such and inspiration for us all. Plus sharing so we can learn from your experience,

hugs and wishing you the best,
Bobbi
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Oh Gwen...

That is quite simply staggering news!!!  So thrilled I can't even tell you!

I can't wait until I've lost 100 pounds... I know it is doable... now that I have you as proof!!!

Congratulations!!!

So wonderful!!! :thumbsup: :D *woot* ;D :tongue:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Gwen, I missed your story, but today another LDL friend recommended your story to another one.  I went to the boards to read it.  Not only are you an inspiration to all of us, but you are also an encourager to all of us.  Praise the Lord, for people like you.  Your story blessed me so very much.  *hug* *hug* Joyful Friend