What don't I have today..that I had a month ago?

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Jazmyn
Master Member

What don't I have today..that I had a month ago?

Post by Jazmyn »

13 pounds...that's what!

May 18th is the day I began LDL..today is June 18th and I am 13 pounds lighter.

Ok this is good right? Gosh I think our minds play games on us..or at least mine does.

Yes I know I know..put the scale away. I will put it away tonight..I will promise 2 weeks (oh man it is hard to type that out LOL) ok yes...2 weeks of not getting on the scale. Thurs July 2nd I will look again...baby steps..but they are steps!

I have not had butter in 1 month. I have not had candy,cookies, cake, rice krispie treats.... in 1 month.
I have not had ONE piece of candy out of the community candy dish at my office...in 1 month. No french fries, nothing deep fried for 1 month. I am not saying this as in POOR ME I have not had these things. I am celebrating!
I am saying this as in...Oh my gosh..I feel so in control and so free of all these bad foods!! The cravings went away....and I am only looking forward...never back.

If you are new and reading this..and considering LDL...please please give it a try. Buy the book from this website...read it...absorb it..wrap yourself around it and trust it. IT WORKS.

This is a wonderful community of support and encouragement. Thank you all  :)

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
niki
Administrator

Re: What don't I have today..that I had a month ago?

Post by niki »

Jazmyn wrote:[color=purple][i] 13 pounds...that's what!

what is it?...it seems like a lot of people here started on the same date and are all hitting the 1 month mark...............
BRAVO, jazmym..................you're doing GREAT.......keep up the good work..............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

what is it?...it seems like a lot of people here started on the same date and are all hitting the 1 month mark...............
It's the First magazine niki.  Isn't it great!
mrsj
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Jazmyn I congratulated you in your journal (should've signed off as Cruella :tongue:).
So am I going to congratulate you again?  YOU BET I AM...........WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!
THIS IS GOOD!.........don't even question that young lady :wrong:
I'm very happy for your success!
*hug* :rose:
mrsj
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Congratulations, you are off to a very good start.
Martha
terr39
New, but learning

Post by terr39 »

HI Jasmyn,
That is fabulous!!! I celebrate with you. I weighed myself today and have lost 5 pounds. I am so happy and not disapppointed. Usually, I am in a hurry when I have lost weight before , so I can go back to the way I ate before, but this time is totally different. For me, it is about sticking to this program FOREVER.. as a way of life. I don't care how long it takes me I know that if I stick to it, it will come off!!!
I am so happy for you!!!
Terri
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I think that is the beauty of LDL.  Once people realize that it isn't just another "diet", or even a WOE, but a way of life, they celebrate the fact that they are no longer a slave to food. And, they realize the logic of eating like this forever.  Health, energy, no stress, all you can eat, no cravings and a body that doesn't demand to be in control anymore...who wouldn't want that?

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

~Jazmyn   *love*

Congratulations my friend!  *hug*  I am so happy for you! 

Until you mentioned all the things that we used to eat, I had not even given them a thought! NOW--- that's a MIRACLE!  Sometimes when I am alone and writing in my journal I have tears of gratitude in my eyes!  It is mystifying to me that the way I feel about food now is probably the way that most people have felt about food their whole lives without obsessing over it. They go Tra La La about their day while some of us, for whatever reason, are wired differently and need to find a new way of eating.  WELL, THANK GOD WE HAVE, WITH LDL!!!  *woot* *woot* *woot*

Did you find new things in your closet to wear?  :cool:
I am so glad we started around the same time. I like having buddies in the boat with me.  :D

Julie :rose:
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Thank you ALL so very much for your sweet words of encouragement!! I appreciate you all so very much!

Julie, great idea, I think I will spend some time in my closet and see what I can find!

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
Ritarh

Post by Ritarh »

Way to go Jaz!! You are such a beautiful lady inside and out!!  I love to read your postings.  Once again, I keep saying how much these postings help all of us.  Especially those that have the ability to put your words together in such a meaningful way.  It makes everything make perfect sense (does that make sense??? LOL).  Keep up the good work, your gonna make it this time Jaz!

Rita
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

Congratulations!  Yes, it is great!  We are all in the same ship!  Cruise ship living the dream!  I found some nice summer clothes that I am happy to be wearing!  May we all find ourselves sailing on the destination we dream about!

*love*Many Blessings!  Michelle[color=red]
[/color]
Last edited by Chelle on June 21st, 2009, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

Jazmyn wrote: 13 pounds...that's what!

If you are new and reading this..and considering LDL...please please give it a try. Buy the book from this website...read it...absorb it..wrap yourself around it and trust it. IT WORKS.

This is a wonderful community of support and encouragement. Thank you all  :)

~Jazmyn  *love*

Congratulations, Jazmyn.  You are a strong woman and you give so much to this site.  :rose: *love* :kissed:

When you have time, would you please do all of us the great favor, in that special way of yours, of adding a "go along with" post to this one?  I would like to read Jazmyn's accounting of What I Have Today That I Did Not Have A Month Ago.  Who knows?  Perhaps some of the rest of us would be inspired and encouraged to add our own thoughts.  What an uplifting thread you would have started.  Just a thought.

GEM

:kissed:
GEM
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Rita  *hug* yes it makes perfect sense. Thank you for your very kind words..I appreciate what you said very much. You know what? I think you are right..I am going to make it this time. So are you and we are going to get to our goals and even beyond what we thought we could imagine for ourselves. Because not only have we been giving a gift in this WOE through Roger, we have been given the gift of each other. Women are such amazing people, because of our ability to truly empathize and support each other. Nothing against men at all..I love men! But there is strength in women who support each other in a very unique way. I am so glad I have met you all and so happy that we can be here in our little peice of cyber space cheering each other on.

Michelle! You found summer clothes that fit again? That is totally wonderful! I am so happy you are here and so glad we on this journey together. Thank you for your post and for sharing your terrific news!  *hug*

GEM.....well special lady..you did it. You made me cry. I have spent alot of time reading your posts and I cannot...seriously cannot...express enough to you that your gift for writing is very real. Thank you for posting what you did..sometimes we need others to share things about ourselves that we do not always see. I see the same things in you GEM  :) I am going to be stopping by your porch very soon..I have been thinking alot about our visit there and let me tell you..I am very much looking forward to it.  *hug* I do like your idea very much about a go along post..I will do some thinking on that!

As women often do...we put the one's we love first and foremost. We give and give and the lesson is..that we must love ourselves too and give priority to our needs as well. I hope that each and everyone of us not only finds success with this WOE, but also learns some valuable insight about ourselves. Change is constant in life, who we were yesterday is not necessarily who we will be tomorrow. We must look forward and enjoy every benefit that THIS change has brought to us. New friends, New hope, New self awareness, New self confidence.....A New Day.

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
lose20by40
New, but learning

Post by lose20by40 »

Wow!  Congrats to you.  Did you incorporate exercise in addition to starting LDL or did you try to get your appetite under control first?  I'm so excited for you and hoping I can do the same.  I wish you success...good luck.

tina
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

YAY JAZMYN!! SO PROUD OF YOU LADY! KEEP IT UP!! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

HUGS,

TINA K
ginney

Post by ginney »

Jazmyn, that is soooooooooo awesome, congrats!!  Your story will give many others the desire to go on, thank you.  Keep up the great work and I also have promised to keep the scale away until August 19th.  This is my next doctor appointment with my surgeon, so that is my next goal.  I am so glad I have found LDL.

ttyl,
~ginney
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

*love*Jaz  that is so wonderful, I am so happy for you, Thinking not only of what you have lost, but what you have gained,
                    a message board full of friends and support
                    a healthy way of eating,
                    and hopefully new clothes from your closet
CONGRATULATIONS shouted from the roof tops
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Lose20 thank you for your post  :) you know I really have not focused on excersise..just getting the eating thing down and figuring out a routine for that right now. I do love to walk and plan to get a routine back with this as well.

Thank you Tina!  *hug*

Thank you Ginney...that is great about keeping your scale away! I am so glad to hear things are going well for you my dear.  *hug*

Mom thank you for being one of my greatest cheerleaders. You are right..I have gained alot and there is only more good things to come..for each of us!  *hug*

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

good job Jaz...doesn't it feel good?!
tarcyr
New, but learning

Post by tarcyr »

That is so awesome!  Congrats and keep up the good work - only been on LDL for about 3 weeks and am looking forward to all the encouraging words here!  This is an amazing site!

Again Congrats on the loss --  my biggest hangup is the scale -- I think I will take your lead and not weigh for a while -- I need to do baby steps here -  I weigh almost every morning --  I'll try every 3rd day and just keep extending it..  Does anyone else have this "daily" weighing problem?  How did you "fix" it?  any ideas?