Down 12 (14!)(16!)(18!)(20!)(22!)(24!)

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
julie409
Master Member

Re: Down 12 (14!)(16!)(18!)(20!)(22!)

Post by julie409 »

Hey Lisa,

That's fantastic!  *woot* *woot* *woot*

It is the best way of eating for all of us that have tried every diet out there and had the diet fail us. I say the diet failed us because we are losing the weight ONCE AND FOR ALL with LDL; so it's not us! :thumbsup:

I have a hard time believing this myself. I am not tempted by anything except as a vague "Gee, I really used to like that!"

Glad to hear from you and know we will be celebrating with you again next month!

Julie :rose:
LMSP

Re: Down 12 (14!)(16!)(18!)(20!)(22!)(24!)

Post by LMSP »

Ok - down another 2!
works for me.... I am actually taking a break from all the boards for about a week - took some vacation time from work and going to just leave all responsibilities behind!  Of course I will stay on program,,,, vaca at home this year -- but I am not logging foods etc - looking for at least 1 week of not "having to hit deadlines" of any kind!

Talk to everyone soon!
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Wow Lisa, another 2 lbs!  You are doing great.... *hug*  hugs for you............

Cookie
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

OH WOW!!!  You are inspiring me!  Keep off counting them down by 2's!

Rhonda in SGF 
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Sorry I have not been on the boards lately... took at break from any additional time sitting in front of the computer after work.... but I did not take a break from LDL.... I have however hit a plateau.  But it is ok since I know that I will start losing again -- at least I hope so. 

The one bright side is that I have not budged either way from last weigh in.... didn't gain -- didn't lose -- but again --- did not gain!  That is a real positive since my body has a way of adding the pounds back on even when I stayed on other programs as religiously as I have stayed on this one. 

I just have to figure out how to get it to budge again.... tried the fruit/soup thing - sorry Roger did not work for me...so now I need to look at either adding a tad more exercise (see it that helps over the next two weeks) or something..... I do not eat anything processed, and I cook all of my own meals, very LDL pure so I know it is not something on that end for me.... I did quit using the food journal but that was my intention once the habit of choosing the right foods etc was embedded.... and it is...

Anyway - not giving up!  I know this works - just getting past the 1st real plateau -- just sharing with all of you since I have been gone for a bit.... I will probably check back in 2 weeks and report how things are progressing.... Take care!!!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Lisa, are you eating corn?  I just find when I eat corn, I don't lose as well as when I stay away from it.  I have this constant reminder that they feed corn to cows and pigs to fatten them up.  Just a thought.  Hope the stall is short lived!  Look how well you've done, though!  That is the wonderful thing of this plan.  And you don't suffer to lose it!  :D
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Lisa.

You're doing just great -- and the weight will start moving again. You're doing everything right, so it will have to! Hope it happens soon. Keep the great attitude.

Take care,
Terri
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Nope -no corn -- I noticed in the past that I would lose quicker if I did not eat corn -- but popcorn did not seem to have an effect either way...
But I will keep on it!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Hey Lisa, maybe the other thing you could consider regarding your plateau is just to give it more time.  It's not even been a month since your last 2 lb loss.  I'm glad you didn't gain since then while still enjoying eating eating eating till full.  For me, eating any other way would have definitely meant a weight gain.
You really are still doing good, IMHO. 
Glad to "see" you again!
mrsj
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Lisa,

Sounds like you have taken all the steps possible to address the plateau. So now all you have to do is wait for your body to catch up.  The fact that are not not moving either way is telling. Are you losing inches?  Sometimes that happens without any additional weight loss.

I would offer one more thing - though knowing you - you probably do it already - drink more water! That could do the trick as it will increase your metabolism.

Julie :rose:
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Sorry guys - been trying to keep busy hoping a little more exercise and less time in front of the computer will get me past this plateau..... My job entails being in front of a computer all day....

Anyway - still on program... still stalled.... did not gain any weight back, but did not lose anymore either.  I am still very gratefull for the 24 lbs lost....and I know that it has to kick back in again sometime....and I know this is a healthier way of life as well.

Just wanted to check in and update all of you.... Take care and I will post again in a couple of weeks.

Answers to previous suggestions - I have tried fruit/soup flush.  I only drink water, and in the am a cup of coffee or two and/or green tea. I have only had maybe 6 corn thins a week and limited corn to maybe once a week in case that had anything to do with it.....  I have been making HUGE pots of soups/stews etc so that I am not tempted off program - since I work from home I have no issues with protein at lunch only etc.... But I am use to my body stalling w/any program I have been on.. so now I just need to find that "key" that kicks it back into gear...

BUT - I STRONGLY recommend this program/way of life to anyone still debating.... It works and I am sure one of my posts soon will show me back on track!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Lisa,  *hug*

I know you know the program so you have probably tried all the usual things.
Have you ever tried doing the LDL PURE (as we have named it) for a week or two to get things moving again? 

Could you maybe try to have grilled protein and veggies for your main meal and see if that makes a difference?  The last suggestion I have is to get a rebounder and use it to move things around a little. If youare working from home and you are sitting in front of the PC all the time, you are not getting much activity during the day. I started using one a couple of weeks ago and it is making a difference.

Have you noticed if you are losing inches in the meantime?  You are doing fantastic 24 lbs is fabulous and I KNOW makes you feel a  whole lot lighter on you feet.  :thumbsup:

Julie
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Just wanted to chime in here with some encouragement. As others have said it does sound like you know the program and you are following it. Since this is a way of eating, the weight loss is secondary! Keep on keeping on. Know you will get there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Ok Guys - still stalled.... been quite a few months now.... no medical reasons, eating right, using no major fat, maybe 1 teas of ICBNB daily and only sometimes, beans, lean prot, fruit, veggies etc...
Anyway still on the program -- have not gained anything - upped my exercise.... but still stalled. 

Just wanted to update everyone - I still believe in the program and advise anyone to go this way if they can....

I will check back in w/you all in a few weeks -- glad to see everyone's continued success!!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

LMSP, I have had 3 weeks and no change in ##, but in inches.  Then I've had another week where I didn't drop.  Maybe, You're not eating enough.  I went back to beans and corn, and more veggies.  I had a smoothie for breakfast, and for lunch, I started with a soup, then salad, and my protein with other veggies. For dinner, I had fruit--grapes work very well.  The more LDL foods I eat, the more I lose. Hang in there, it will start again, Joyful Friend
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Maybe read Gwennafords 6 months without loosing any weight but she went from a size 34W to 24W in that time!
Also saw where Roger was telling everyone LDL without the protein sometimes does the trick.
Know how frustrating stalling can be.
hang in there,
Bobbi