Down 12 (14!)(16!)(18!)(20!)(22!)(24!)

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
LMSP

Down 12 (14!)(16!)(18!)(20!)(22!)(24!)

Post by LMSP »

Since the 24th of May I have lost 12 total lbs.... which is really amazing for me since I swear my body goes "no way lady---we are not letting go of any of these pounds" My body is very stubborn that way.... we have fights about it all the time :D.   I think my success comes from not getting bored with the foods I eat.  I love to cook and I have posted a few recipes that help keep things tasting good for me.  I just posted 3 new recipes that I found and tried.  Really like them - keeps food interesting and they are simple simple simple (part of the key to success too!).  Corn thins are the bomb  :bomb:!  I use them daily.  

Just had to share - feeling the joy of LDL and this community....thanks guys!
Last edited by LMSP on September 2nd, 2009, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
tprouty
Master Member

Re: Down 12 Total

Post by tprouty »

I agree with you 100% LMSP! There is no reason with this lifestyle to get bored and frustrated. There is something for everybody's tastes here. I am still ASTOUNDED at feeling NO frustration or sense of deprivation with this plan.

Congratulations on your 12 pounds lost!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :rose:

Way to go!

Terri
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Congratulation LMSP!!!!!!!  I also agree as to how simple this is and how good the recipes are.  Easy to stay on and yes corn thins are the bomb.

Martha
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

LMSP,

I started LDL the week prior to you and am down 13 pounds.  Still have many to go but we are getting there! 

Congrats!  Great job!

Rhonda
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

*hug* Hip Hip away  ;D

Right there with ya lady, 15.5lbs down

here is to the next month and more benefits  :rose:
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Wanted to chime in with my cheers and congratulations on your loss.  Way to go!
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

Me too!!! This is the life(style). No deprivation. No hunger. No counting calories. No crazy plan. Feels great!!! Love those beans. :thumbsup:
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
sibelclair

Post by sibelclair »

That is great!!!  :thumbsup:
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

LMSP,

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!  You go girl!!!!!!  That ROCKS!!!  *doing the happy dance with you*    ;D

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Clown Lady »

LMSP

Congrats.  Getting thin is not easy but LDL makes it easy and fun.  I started about the same time and I am at 14 pounds.  All I want is 1-2 pounds a week.  It took me all my life to gain and I can't expect to take it off in a short period of time as I want it to stay off.

Keep up the good work we are proud of you

Donna
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear LMSP, Congrats on your great news!!! WOOOHOOO for you!  Three cheers...HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY, and HIP HIP HOORAY!!!  My husband and I both like to cook. So I will be checking out your new recipes.  Thanks for sharing them.  Keep up the good work on your fun ride to Skinnytown!!!  Looking forward to getting healthy and losing  my excess baggage too.  Love and prayers, Annamaria
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Cool, you started the exact date I did! 

12 pounds lost......its happy dance time!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

I think there were alot of people that started at the same time after the First Magazine hit.... I think it is wonderful since we will be able to encourage each other and know what it is like to be at the same time frame in the program.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

LMSP wrote:Since the 24th of May I have lost 12 total lbs....

I think my success comes from not getting bored with the foods I eat.

I just posted 3 new recipes that I found and tried.  Really like them - keeps food interesting and they are simple simple simple (part of the key to success too!). 

Wonderful results LMSP!!  I so agree that not getting bored with what we eat helps tremendously.  I love the variety of foods we can eat and the variety of recipes offered to us with Let's Do Lunch.
I will be looking for your recipes.........I can't resist when you say they are simple......my favorite kind.
Congrats again!!
mrsj
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey LMSP,

Congratulations!  You are doing fantastic. And I agree wholeheartedly about the SIMPLE - SIMPLE - SIMPLE LDL recipes. I don't want to take a lot of time cooking etc. I work a lot of hours and while my intentions are good --- alas the bags of beans are still sitting in the pantry. 

Last night, I had a can of butter beans rinsed profusely to get rid of the sodium and then pressed to get all the moisture out. I "fried" them in a pan with ICBINB, and added 2 tsp of chopped Jalapenos (in a jar that I found in the vegetable section of the supermarket) and boy did that give it a kick. I never thought in my pre ldl days that something like that would sustain me or that I would even like it.  :drool:

Anyway 12 pounds is fabulous. It is like you have put down a big sack you were carrying around.
I know your body is loving you for it. Thanks for being an inspiration for us all.

Julie :rose:
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

That's right 12 pounds is a lot...think of putting down 2- 5 pound bags of flour and 2 - 1 pound cartons of butter.  I am so glad you put that down, whew, too heavy to carry that around your whole life! Yippee for you!
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Another 2.6 lbs! Gone Gone Gone Gone Gone..... and did I mention gone??? Ok a tad excited I know  *woot*.  I am officially under 260 lbs now - ok by a smigen... cause weighed in at 259.4 but still - gone I hope are the 260's!!!
ready4achange

Post by ready4achange »

Gone is gone!  Doesn't matter if it is a smidgen or a landslide!!  Congrats!
ImageImage
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I just love getting each decade smaller, lol!  Good for you, bye bye 260's!  :rose:
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

turkkm:
I know - it is so satisfying when you get down into that next decade of numbers.... the fact that this program is working still amazes me!!!!  It is truly the easiest program I have ever followed and I just don't feel limited by any of it...I can always figure out something to make when I "have a taste for something" and still make it LDL.  And the fact that fruit does curb the sweet cravings is still a mind blower to me.... I use to think I had to eat a ton of vegies cause fruit was too high in calories/sugar etc... this program is liberating!  Corn thins easily replaces bread etc..(I could go on and on) but those of you on the program know how it is working!