Down 12 (14!)(16!)(18!)(20!)(22!)(24!)

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
LMSP

Re: Down 12 Total (14!)(16!)(18!)

Post by LMSP »

I have truly tried the "put the scale away" thing - but I prefer to weigh myself at least twice a month.  This way I can see if anything I am doing may be hindering or helping my weight loss.  Since I am not a sweets person, I eat the fruit mainly for breakfast, but I don't always want it in the evening - so I choose more savory dishes (vegetables, popcorn (made spicy), etc)  Sometimes I will get stuck on a favorite food for a bit etc. 

I have noticed the better weight loss when I combine my vegies or protein w/beans,-- I stalled a bit on the weight loss one week when I bought a 6 pack of diet pepsi and drank one each day,,, etc.  The two week weighing option for me gives me a better handle on what food choices may or may not be better for me. 

The one thing I LOVE about this program is that we can each tailor it to our individual preferences - most of the program is not set in stone other than the types of food.  I appreciate all the advice and support everyone has given me.....so very much. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

LMSP,

I totally agree with you. I use the scale the same way (weigh?  ;D ).  My body reacts to all foods in a way that is usually not experienced by many. Weighing myself has helped me to adjust my food intake and choices quickly to enable continued good results.  ;D

You're doing great  :thumbsup:

Julie :rose:
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Hi LMSP,

i am joining you guys on the happy dance.  Image   

GOOD JOB 
together4ever123
New, but learning

Post by together4ever123 »

LMSP,

Keep up the good work!!!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Cheryl, cool dentist story!  Its especially fun to see people you haven't seen in awhile, isn't it?!  Keep up your great LDL work, 40 pounds woo hoo!  It's happy dance time!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Lisa, you are continuing to do such a great job, you incredible shrinking woman!  I can't help myself....you need another happy dance!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Happy dances are fun to watch!!!
Thank you!
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Kathie - you're a great cheerleader for the message boards!  Thanks for taking the time to cheer everyone else on!

Cheryl
LMSP

Re: Down 12 (14!)(16!)(18!)(20!)

Post by LMSP »

Another 2 - gone gone gone......these two took their time getting off my butt -- literally!!  But they are gone now - never to be seen again!
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Don't know how to show a happy dance but I can give you a HUG  *hug* for doing so well!  YOU ARE DOING GREAT............

Cookie
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

YAY for LMSP!!!!

My loss has slowed to a crawl and I have increased my exercise even!!!!  GRRRR!

You inspire me to keep on keeping on!!!

Rhonda in SGF
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Rhonda -- FYI - these last two lbs took me 18 days to get rid of -- but I am use to my body hanging on to my weight no matter what I try (normally) - all I know is that this program has allowed me to loose 20 lbs since May 24th - which may not be impressive at the 6.6 lbs per month mark.... but add it all up and 20 lbs in 3 months for me is awesome!  I lost 30 lbs in almost 1-1/2 years doing the calories in/out/combo w/ww and much more exercise than I do with this program... so I figure if I keep up 6.6 per month that is almost 80 lbs in just 1 year.... that would be so worth waiting for!!!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Lisa,

That's Awesome!  *hug*
Aren't you smart editing your original post?  You are having great results. I am so happy for you and your butt - less to drag around! (Oh-  I didn't mean that you had a draggy butt -  well, you know what I mean! :laughing:)

Rhonda, Go back to the book and reread the guidelines to make sure you remember them accurately. After a while we definitely remember things differently than they really are. Also you may wish to check the ingredients on anything you are eating and increase your water intake as well, if you can. It may help.

LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Julie:

Thank you - but if you read my food journal you would see whole foods only - meats, fruit, and vegies -- an very occasional canned soup - maybe 3 times a month, and I do eat refried beans but vegetarian ones like in the book.

I drink 99.9 percent water (so figure I have about 6-8 large glasses a day) and have maybe one glass a week of a splenda flavored item -- so I don't think the ingredients are the issue -- just my body -- stubborn - must think I am starving myself and holding on to that fat for it's dear life.... of course I am eating till I am full....

Even when I have the popcorn I use a spicy ingr mix - but no sugars etc... so -- it is ok I am a happy camper w/my results  :D
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

julie409 wrote:Rhonda, Go back to the book and reread the guidelines to make sure you remember them accurately. After a while we definitely remember things differently than they really are. Also you may wish to check the ingredients on anything you are eating and increase your water intake as well, if you can. It may help.

Hey Lisa,
The suggestion about the ingredients was meant for Rhonda. She said her weight loss has slowed to a crawl. It happenned to me that way. Even if the ingredients listed were ok - I believe the processing does some harm (as RT says).  So I had to cut out any sauces, salsas and tapenades. The only things that brought me flavor!  OH WELL!

Take care,
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Julie:

Can't you make them fresh?? Salsa is easy and you can make fruit ones, fruit and bean ones, and tomato ones pretty easy out of natural ingredients that I would not think could hurt you.

If you need any ideas let me know -- I love cooking and coming up with things......

The only processed items I will use is the low sugar ketchup and a lower sugar bbq sauce that I limit my serving size to on the plate so I am not tempted to do more than dip the fork in the sauce first and then on the meat......but w/ the homemade flavor salsa's and such I don't have to be soo concerned
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks Lisa,

You are so kind. *hug* *hug*  I am starting to experiment now with making my own stuff. But there is really no challenge (or maybe a huge challenge depending on how you look at it) bc there are so few ingredients to work with.

There are so many things reacting on me right now (Good Lord, I sound like a broken record!) that I have to leave out a lot of things that add flavor like garlic, salt, corn, tomatoes blah, blah, blah. I made Black Bean soup earlier and it was just a can of B beans rinsed a lot and brought to a boil in some low sodium vegetable stock and some onion flakes. It was really tasty after I pureed it in the blender. So I am testing and hoping there is no reaction. Going to make some hummus in a few. For me that is ground chick peas, some evoo and ground apple. I will find my way. It is through trial and error and though my face looks incredibly better my chest and neck are still beat red and itchy. I just have to be diligent.

Julie  :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I don't know if you are already doing this, but weight training of some sort will build muscle and muscle burns more calories.  It'll rev up your metabolism.  I used to just walk all the time and thought I was doing good for my muscles, but I grew to realize I wasn't.  Walking and other cardio exercises are great for burning calories, but they really don't build muscle.  As I got older, even though I was walking, I could tell my legs were getting weaker as I climbed up the steps to my house.  Then I started doing exercises with some free weights and I was amazed at the difference in strength in my legs.  So, if you aren't doing any strength building exercises yet, you might want to look into this.
LMSP

Re: Down 12 (14!)(16!)(18!)(20!)(22!)

Post by LMSP »

Wow - this is the first program that has really given me hope that I can make it to where I have been trying to go to for so many years.  I kept promising myself that "when I hit 40, when I hit 45 -- no I am at the when I hit 50" yr old stage - which by the way is this year --- that I would have gotten to my goal.  Needless to say no other program allowed me to keep losing -- but 3 months in now and 22 lbs lighter - -the best part is that I am losing each month... that my friends has never happened before....

So glad I found this program.... thanks for the support!
mrsj
Master Member

Re: Down 12 (14!)(16!)(18!)(20!)(22!)

Post by mrsj »

LMSP wrote:Needless to say no other program allowed me to keep losing -- but 3 months in now and 22 lbs lighter - -the best part is that I am losing each month... that my friends has never happened before....
Lisa, I just have to celebrate with you that you are able to achieve something that HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!  Good job! :thumbsup:  I wish you continued success and good eating!
mrsj