They ate pizza...we ate frozen grapes!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
yourdish

They ate pizza...we ate frozen grapes!

Post by yourdish »

This is a significant event in my life. We get together at a rustic pizza place with a group of friends every few months to celebrate any birthdays that have occurred and catch up on events in the other folks' lives.

Two months ago the group honored my husband's retirement, and I ate the protein and fatty topping off three slices of pizza. I thought I was doing the right thing, but now it seeems so foolish. Last night we sipped ice water and ate frozen grapes while others ate the pizza and drank beer.

We also brought a cake and gift for one member, but I declined eating the cake.

After the gathering, we went to a store and bought grapefruit, grapes, celery, two kinds of mushrooms, carrots and lean meat for today's midday meal. We bought a bouquet of flower for a friend having an operation today, something easy to budget with money previously spent on foods we no longer need to eat.

Then we went to a great salad bar and ate fruit and veggies in some glorious salads.

It felt like a significant step in the direction of better health. I had you guys there with me as I looked that steaming hot pizza in the eye while my mind asked if one piece would be so bad. It was on a platter inches from my face, and I was relieved when the last piece got taken by our tablemates. Think of all that fat my body didn't have to handle.

Yourdish
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/
tprouty
Master Member

Re: They ate pizza...we ate frozen grapes!

Post by tprouty »

Congratulations, Yourdish!

You did great! Isn't it fantastic to be able to look those things in the eye that used to draw you like a magnet, and be able to say, "No, I choose to leave you alone. I don't need you."

Some days are easier than others, but you did exactly the right thing by bringing something with you that you knew was good for you. Planning meals ahead has never before made it very high on my list of priorities, but it sure does help you avoid the pitfalls! I'm practicing it now, and enjoying the results, and especially the sense of freedom and success it brings.

Way to go! Keep on with exactly what you're doing!

Terri
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Yourdish,

You made me cry happy tears this morning.  What a wonderful experience for you.  I am so proud of you for taking grapes to the restaurant!  Isn't it amazing when we take one step in the right direction that God just sort of puts a shield around us?  I also love the fact you went afterwards and had salads and just enjoyed your LDL feast!  Awesome!  Just awesome!  Congratulations on your GREAT decisions and on loving you!!!  *HUGS*

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by julie409 »

Great testimony to LDL and your resolve. Congratulations!  :thumbsup:

Julie :rose:
Andrea In FL
New, but learning

Post by Andrea In FL »

Yourdish, you should be very proud of yourself for the successful day!  Instead of feeling sorry for yourself for not being able to eat that pizza, you planned your food and embraced it!  Congratulations; you are an inspiration to me.
Gratefully losing