what's everyone drinking!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
gander

what's everyone drinking!

Post by gander »

Hi everyone, I am new to the board and want to join in the fun. I would like to know what everyone is drinking during the day. I am trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners. I love LDL and feel very satisfied and love Rogers ideas in the book for cravings. I am down 4 lbs and so excited.  I would love to hear from all of you. Gloria
mom
Master Member

Re: what's everyone drinking!

Post by mom »

I drink lots of water, sometimes water with lemon, water with lime, have even tried water with a squeeze of orange, but my favourite right now is to put a handful of berries (raspberry strawberries, or blueberries) in a jug of water, (some berries need to be mashed a bit) and then stir, and drink when cold,(use Ice Cubes),  also my smoothies in the morning
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Gander and welcome -  yes please come join us.

I stick with water as much as possible. If I am out I have seltzer with lime or diet coke. the DC should be in limited quantities but Roger says it is OK. I sometimes need it for a shot of caffeine, especially since I cano't drink my coffee black.

Julie :rose:
ready4achange

Post by ready4achange »

Water...all the way!  I love it, can drink bottle or glass after bottle or glass (whatever the case may be).  MMMM.
ImageImage
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Welcome Gloria. The only thing I drink is very cold water.  I love diet cokes but I have not had but 1 since I started this WOE and I don't even want them now.. I occassionally have a smoothie for breakfast but other than that I only have water.
FLOWERS
New, but learning

Post by FLOWERS »

hI I AM ALSO NEW I STARTED LAST MONDAY AND I HAVE TO SAY I DID WEIGH MYSELF TODAY AND FOUND I GAINED 3 LBS, BUT I WILL STAY ON THE DIET. I DRINK CRYSTAL LITE GREEN MANGO ICE TEA. LOVE IT. CAROL
3greatgifts

Post by 3greatgifts »

I drink tea all day. In the morning, black tea. The rest of the day green tea. I can't stand sweetened tea so that's just perfect for LDL. I do drink water with lemon too. Weaned myself off the diet coke after many, many years. It started making me a little fuzzy, probably the nutra sweet.
ginney

Post by ginney »

I drink black coffee in the mornings, and ice water the rest of the day.  Sometimes I put lemon in it. I have never been a soda drinker so soda was not a problem for me. 
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

*I drink 1 cup of black coffee first thing in the morning. (Not because I want it; but because it was prescribed by a neurologist. Ugh!)
*Sometimes I drink tea sweetened with Stevia.
*Mostly I drink water (usually plain; occasionally with lemon, sometimes with a 1 Tbsp Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar and sweetened with Stevia).
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning, then its iced tea and water the rest of the day.  I drink all kinds of tea, but mostly green tea.  The coffee has splenda and skim milk in it and I also put splenda in the tea.  Of course I also have smoothies made from various fruits and juices, yummers!  I have had only 2 diet cokes while on this way of eating, and that was while traveling.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
stephyanders

Post by stephyanders »

For the most part I stick with water. I do drink oj in my smoothies and the occasional soda when I have a mixed drink. Over never been a big soda drinker so it was east to let those go. In fact, I think I've only had three diet sodas over the last month. I did buy some of the diet green tea but have not tried it yet.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I usually drink decaf green tea or Perrier flavored with lemon or lime.

CQ
together4ever123
New, but learning

Post by together4ever123 »

I drink green tea and water.
ginney

Post by ginney »

Can someone refresh my memory about black coffee.  Are there supposed to be limitations on it? 
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi All..

i drink coffee with splenda and a touch of skim milk in the morning and then water all day long.  It's been about two months since i gave up caffeine free diet pepsi.....

i'm going to start drinking green tea...The General drinks a cup of it every day...otherwise, he only drinks water..

we love the "neutral" flavor of water and how it goes down so easy....Water...one of God's COOOOOLEST creations!

margo
rodie

Post by rodie »

I always have a cup of decaf in the morning(it's actually about 2 in my cup),then I'm off to work and keep filling my cup with water and ice. I have found that I'm drinking more water these days.
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Good Cold H20!  ;D  Always have my water with me (even when they say no food or drinks,  I just say "Doctors Orders!")  And most don't want to mess with an old lady  ;) ;D  Occasionally an ice tea w/Splenda when eating out as some waters in restaurants has a "taste  :thumbdown: " unless it's bottled.

Ginny
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

I do love iced tea.  I make mine in the fridge....two large bags of Luzianne for iced tea, one small bag of Constant Comment, in a 2 quart glass container  of water....brewed cold overnight, it's perfect the next day.

I decided I'd drink more tea and less Diet Lime Coke if I go ahead and sweeten my tea with liquid sucralose.  My son loves it that way, too, so I'll have to buy a new Libby's fridge bottle for my hubby's iced tea.  (No sweetener for him.)  I also like it with lemon, but since it's got a little flavor from teh Constant Comment tea (orange and spice....nice and subtle) I don't HAVE to have lemon...just gotta make sure I keep the ice cube trays filled!

The nice thing about making the tea in the refrigerator, as opposed to sun tea, is that it doesn't turn yucky in a day...although we usually drink it quickly, it might be nearly a week before we finish the pitcher, and you could never do that with sun tea!