How many people have reached (or are close) to their goals?

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
MusicManiac

How many people have reached (or are close) to their goals?

Post by MusicManiac »

As a Newbie, I am curious how many of the, uh, "old-timers" have reached their goals - whether it be weight, size, medical or whatever brought you to this program.

I pray I'll become one of you!
Marga
turkkm
Master Member

Re: How many people have reached (or are close) to their goals?

Post by turkkm »

I have not reached my weight goal but have hopes of doing it.  ;)  I am about 1/4 of the way there.  I did reach my goal of getting off blood pressure meds.  My blood pressure got down to 90 over 58.....wow!  My doc took me off the meds, yippee!  :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Marga,

Well, this is my second time around.  The first time I lost 85 pounds on LDL.  It works!  ;D

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by sval59 »

Hi there.....I'm within 10 pounds of my original goal of 50 pounds and I've been following LDL for a little over 7 months.  But, now, I hope to lose maybe 20 more pounds.  I originally thought I would never lose this much so I set a very realistic goal, but after eating this way for 7 months, I plan to continue to eat this way the rest of my life and hopefully lose 20 more pounds.  If not, I'm so much better off than I was and I've dropped from plus sizes down to a regular size 12 again.  I feel great and am so thankful to God for using Roger to bring us all this wonderful plan!  Hang in there - you will get there too.

Cheryl
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

You are my inspiration!  Congratulations to everyone for all you've lost, and all you've gained!

Thank you, my friends!
Marga
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

That's awesome Cheryl!!!  I am happy dancing with you!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JourneyTowardSuccess

Post by JourneyTowardSuccess »

LittlePrincess, How long did it take you to lose the 85#s the first time?

Sval, Are you exercising in addition to LDL?

I'm a newbie, too and want to set *realistic* expectations for myself and not unrealistic ones that I'll give up on.

Thanks so much & congratulations to you!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"You will never change your life until you change one thing you do daily." ~ Dr. John C. Maxwell
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Hi JourneyTowardSuccess....and WELCOME.  I have not exercised the first time.  I keep saying I'm going to add an exercise program, but right now I'm working full time and going to school part-time and I just haven't fit it in.  That's the amazing thing about LDL, you can lose without the exercise.  But, I am a firm believer in the benefits of exercise, but I just haven't gotten around to it.  I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life and I'm almost 50 so my metabolism had pretty much died before LDL.  I'm truly amazed that I've lost 40 pounds and have done it happily - eating a lot of healthy, delicious foods and never feeling deprived.  Also, I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen and have found this very easy for me.  I tell people all the time that I don't feel like I'm dieting at all and I mean that.  I truly thank God for Roger and this plan.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I think I forgot to welcome all newbies here....welcome to LDL!  You will love this way of eating!  If you haven't already done so, start a food journal so you can get some help when you need it with what you are eating. 
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

JourneyTowardSuccess wrote:LittlePrincess, How long did it take you to lose the 85#s the first time?

It took me just over a year and that was without one titch of exercise.  :)  This time I'm trying to move more.  But let me say this to you.  Everyone is different.  We all lose at different rates etc.  Try not to look at times but focus more on the fact that people did and are losing.  Check out Gwen and Tom and Little Mary and NJ.  All have lost alot of weight on this plan too.  Welcome aboard!  We're so glad to have you.

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by julie409 »

Welcome Marga and Journey,

So happy to have you here with us.  *hug* I hope you don't mind me responding - I have not been on LDL very long.

MM, I don't know how much you have to lose. I have 100 lbs to lose and though I have had a weight issue for my whole life, this is the heaviest I have EVER been and it is still quite shocking to me. I could not get my appetite and cravings under control until I began LDL. I realized that I needed a way of eating that I could follow for the rest of my life and LDL has filled that requirement for me. I no longer wanted to follow a diet where I would lose 60 - 80 lbs and then when I went off it, I would have to white knuckle every day to keep the weight off.

Journey, I struggle with high "unrealistic" expectations all the time. I journal almost every day and it is filled with predictions of how much I will lose in the next day, next week and the next month. I even created spreadsheets. I am trying to break out of this as it is a compulsive behavior that only serves to make me feel bad. I have lost 21 lbs in 7 weeks and have a few health issues to deal with. I should be rejoicing and usually do but sometimes I find myself longing for bigger better results. I have to talk myself out of that ---  a lot. And the support of all my wise and caring friends (like Kathi, LP & Cheryl) on the boards helps me every day.

I wish you both much success and hope you come here A LOT for inspiration  :angel: , support  :thumbsup: and sometimes a little love  *love*.

Julie :rose:
dncwc

Post by dncwc »

Julie, 21 lbs in 7 weeks is awesome, Keep up the great WOE.
Debra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmHigpF/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thank you, Debra!  I appreciate your kind words.  :blush:

Love your ticker!

turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Julie....woo hoo and yippee too!  21 pounds in 7 weeks is wonderful!  Guess what time it is.....its happy dance time!
ImageImageImage
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks Kathi,

Love the dancing wee ones. Very cute!

MM, I forgot to mention - I love your photo. Where do you play?
Most of my favorite movies involve the arts like Music of the Heart and Take the lead (Antonio doing the TANGO- be still my heart  *love* - too bad there isn't an emoticon for swooning!) which were both based on true events.  I also loved August Rush - very "destined in the stars".  Do you have a favorite? 

MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Hi Julie!

I've been overweight all my life.  I did ephedra once and was down to 145.  I'm afraid I really screwed up my metabolism.  I eventually gained back the weight and more (same sad story.)  After topping 200 (207, actually) I saw the FIRST article and felt I could do this.  I was afraid of being hungry and was amazed that I rarely had to snack between meals.  I've just finished my second week.  Although I've 'only' lost 3.4 pounds, my clothes are already feeling a bit looser!

To answer your other question, I played in several mid-Michigan orchestras for 26 years before moving "up north" (about 180 miles north.)  I was fortunate to find places to play up here, now that my husband has retired.  There are a couple of orchestras here and I do play at Church just about every week.  I've also made several musical friends and we play several concerts to raise money for the food pantries.  It keeps me busy (but not wealthy!)

Oh yeah, I liked Music of the Heart, too.  I am watching for August Rush - we don't get to the movies, so I'll have to find it on TV.  I'll put Take the Lead on my 'watch' list, too!  It sounds like a winner!  I also like all of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musicals, especially Chicago.

Thanks to all who have posted - I LOVE reading success stories!!!
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

I also have no idea how long it will take to reach my weight goal, but for the first time in years, I am below 200 pounds and staying there, I have dropped from a tight size 20, to a nice fitting size 14 - 16 in just over 2 months, my blood sugars are much better controlled, and I have had to cut back on my ace inhibitor because my blood pressure is so much lower I was getting lightheaded when I stood up.  I love eating ldl, because I can take the principles and make them fit my lifestyle, I work night shift, and it is easy enough to  prepare foods ahead to take to work, and when I am not working I can adjust my eating pattern to work with my dh schedule.  It just so works.
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Wow!  You go girlfriend!!!

It must feel great!  This is SO exciting!!!