Livet (not Diet)

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Livet (not Diet)

Post by crickadoodle »

Julie -- like you always say, there is built in resolve in this way of eating.  You don't really have to have so much willpower, you just have to do it!  The cravings are what kill you on diets -- and with all the fruit and beans, I truly didn't have a struggle with cravings.  That is why this plan works so well for me.  When people compliment me or my husband says how proud he is of me, I really can't take much credit for it all.  It was so very easy.

I'm thinking the only thing that could cause problems is if you fear being successful or not having the "I weigh too much" excuse to use when it is convenient.  You might sabotage your efforts to prevent success, I suppose.  Sometimes we can hide under our layers of fat, I know.  There are the emotional and mental sides to losing weight.  Yet, I find having my blood sugar balanced so well by the beans and all totally helped me with any emotional swings.  I just didn't get cranky or moody at all.  I felt so good.  (Although I know there are a couple of people who are following the plan well, but are still struggling with it.  Can't say I understand why their bodies aren't responding yet.  I don't know what I'd have done had that been my result.  Maybe in time their bodies will start responding and that is my hope for them, because this is so good!)

So, Julie, I will be around in the new year.  I'm still going to be doing the same thing as before, just in smaller sized clothes!  :D  :cool:  I do want to see if I'll get well into the 120s in a month or so with some time eating fruit for breakfast and dinner and my big lunch of beans, lean meat and veggies.  I'm thinking that weight will come off fairly quickly, since I've taken a little break from losing.  (Sorta like when you first start a new way of eating.)  I basically eat LDL, but with popcorn each night.  I'm going to cut out the popcorn until I stop losing.  I know my body will stop losing when I get to my ideal weight.

I did eat a few things at lunch over the holidays I wouldn't normally eat, but no big repercussions from it.  I continued to eat my light dinner.  I felt fine and I didn't gain weight.  I'm thinking that my metabolism has really increased from the exercise and eating this way and my body handles those few things not on plan.  That is really cool to experience.  I've lost weight before, but any straying from those other plans caused immediate weight gain, it seemed and then it would spiral.  I don't find that happens with LDL.  I know that a little off plan doesn't mean I can't immediately get back on plan fully.  It is never this guilt thing like, "Well, I blew it!  I might as well eat more bad stuff!"

Happiest of New Years to everyone!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Livet (not Diet)

Post by crickadoodle »

I thought I'd update my personal success story.  I'm enjoying sharing this new way of eating with anyone who will listen!  :D  Some are listening and others decide they can't give up ... bread, rice, nuts, full fat dairy products, whatever they decide they'd rather have than be slim.  A few have tried it, but said it didn't work for them, but I'd have to wonder how well they followed the plan.  LDL is so flexible, as far as what you eat.  Like, my husband doesn't like beans without rice, so he hasn't eaten beans at all and he's lost 35 lbs.  :thumbsup:  I eat my bean soup practically every day.  Some people say they don't like fruit -- but that doesn't mean you can't follow everything else about LDL.  Those who don't like fruit usually don't like sweets either, so it wouldn't be as necessary.  Surely they can find a less sweet fruit to eat, though.  This is a very flexible plan that you can follow to fit your likes and dislikes. 

Now, I've had the opportunity to teach two classes at my church on Let's Do Lunch and living a healthy lifestyle.  I call it "Never Say Diet -- Livet!"  It has been fun and also challenging to teach others.  I love when they get it and do it and have success.  One friend I shared with has lost 30 lbs. so far.  Next to my husband, she has lost the most weight of everyone I've influenced so far at my church.  She started eating the LDL way before the class -- actually 3 months ago.  She's been losing 10 lbs. a month, which is awesome -- especially since she is a full time teacher in the public school system.  She is a busy lady and I'm so proud of her. 

Today, my husband told me that his aunt told his mom that she wants all the information about how we have lost our weight.  I'm thinking she is concerned for her son.  I hope that they take this information and let it transform their lives, like it has our lives.  I'm going to give them my book and my notes from my class. 

Honestly, as happy as I am to have control over my weight, I'm just as happy to see my friend have this success.  I know she's struggled with her weight for years, and I am so excited that this is working so well for her.  She is satisfied and not deprived, just like it happened for me.  She still has a way to go, but she is finding success without deprivation -- so she is going to stick to it until she reaches her goal -- and beyond!  That is why this works so well.  I look back on this journey of losing my weight and I lost all my weight because I wasn't deprived and I could easily stay with it.  It wasn't like I had done some hard thing.  I ate until full.  I ate fruit for breakfast and dinner, and a big satisfying lunch of lean meat, veggies and beans.  I never ate diet food -- only good tasting food.  I never used those fat free cheeses and dressings and stuff.  That doesn't do it for me, so I used real salad dressing, if I had a salad.  I cooked with real olive oil and later (after studying about it) switched to coconut oil.  I ate real food the way God intended it.  This way of eating works and will be the way I eat for life.  I'm sure there will be exceptions on occasion, but they will be just that, exceptions.  My normal way of eating is to eat LDL -- mostly fruit breakfast, big lunch, lighter dinner with no complete protein.

I thank Jesus all the time for guiding me to this plan.  I prayed and He heard and led me to LDL.  I love sharing it with others and being the answer to their prayers.  God uses us to share with those who need to hear His good news.  LDL isn't as good news as what Jesus did on the cross, freeing us from our sins -- but it is definitely good news.  Spread it around. 
Last edited by crickadoodle on March 16th, 2010, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.