my first 8 weeks

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Nomo-Yoyo

my first 8 weeks

Post by Nomo-Yoyo »

This is part of what I shared with Roger yesterday. He replied saying he thought it was indeed "community posting material", since it addresses the fact that we don't have to be "perfect" to lose weight. So, at his request, I now share with the rest of you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't feel this is "community posting material", but I just now weighed & was elated to see that I'm down 1.2 lbs. from 2 weeks ago. The reason I'm so thrilled is that this is in spite of eating "normal" (& maybe a wee bit beyond) on Thanksgiving, plus giving in to eating the leftover sweet potato casserole, that I meant to send home with my parents. I had made that dish myself & did keep the core of the dish LDL appropriate, but the topping did have pecan chips, brown sugar, & 1/2 cup of flour (I did substitute soy flour for another 1/2 c. flour in the recipe). I was disciplined enough to have my husband & I do "fruit & soup flush" the next day. ............ This brings my total loss, so far, to 7.8 lbs. Now, this is over an 8 week period, which might not excite some folks. However, the fact that my loss has been steady (beit ever so slow), AND that I've adjusted so well to this way of eating just thrills me to pieces!! I just wanted to share my feelings with you, Roger, & to thank you again for being God's willing vessel by sharing LDL with all of us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe this will encourage some of you whose weight loss is also quite slow. :)

Nomo-Yoyo
Luke 1:37 "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."
BettyBoop

Re:my first 8 weeks

Post by BettyBoop »

Thank you, Nomo-Yoyo. I really needed those words of encouragement.

BettyBoop
Rejection means direction!!

All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.  Romans 8:28