2 weeks on DL: 5 pounds and no more snoring or CPAP

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
HenryM

2 weeks on DL: 5 pounds and no more snoring or CPAP

Post by HenryM »

This may not be any miracle except to me.  Two weeks ago, I started LDL with Roger's encouragement.

Last night I fell asleep without having put on my CPAP ...  :yawn: ... and my wife never woke me up -- I never snored.

Let's be serious: losing five pounds will not cure snoring nor sleep apnea.  But being relaxed, happy and not hungry may very well remove tension which may have contributed to my sleep problems.

I'll keep monitoring and reporting back.

Roger, thank you for inventing this rational way of living!
--
Henry in Sonoma
bamaluvr

Re: 2 weeks on DL: 5 pounds and no more snoring or CPAP

Post by bamaluvr »

Hello HenryM,

Welcome to LDL.....the best WOE there is. :)
    I think the help with sleeping is a huge deal..........because it happened to me to..........I can sleep now.

Congrats on the weight loss!  Look forward to seeing you on the boards.  Have a great weekend.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Henry let me chime in here and say that I am sleeping better since being on LDL........I have been giving credit to the fact that I eat popcorn most nights.......I have a post about the sleeping effects of popcorn......have not had any tonight so lets see how well I sleep without it.......having said all of that, welcome to LDL....it will change your life.............

Cookie
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HenryM wrote:This may not be any miracle except to me.  Two weeks ago, I started LDL with Roger's encouragement.
Last night I fell asleep without having put on my CPAP ...  :yawn: ... and my wife never woke me up -- I never snored.

Hi Henry and welcome to LDL!

I think your results ARE a miracle!  I experienced the same thing.  My doctor urged me to go for a sleep apnea test bc I was so exhausted in the morning. I resisted. I didn't want the condition to be confirmed - vanity?  I don;t know but what I do know is that since starting LDL, I sleep more soundly, wake up in the middle of the night less often and wake up with a smile on my face.

So congratulations, Henry!  This is absolutely awesome!  I hope to hear more of your health successes as you continue.

Julie :rose:
Cindi

Post by Cindi »

I could never stand a cpap so I settled for a dental appliance. I have been able to turn the adjustment down 8 turns with no snoring or stopping breathing. It's great!!! Double bonus.....maybe someday I won't have to worry about sleep apnea and my diabetes is under control!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8ZhJmH/]
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

That's great Henry!! I am so excited for you!! My husband has sleep apnea and sleeps with a CPAP also but even though he has lost 29lbs he still has to use his. I hope that by the time he loses all of his weight he will be able to come off of his machine. It would be great! I wish you continued success, I love LDL!
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Hi henry and welcome to LDL!  We get all sorts of benefits from eating this way, improved health being one of the major ones.  Keep up the good work on LDL and I think you will have many more surprise rewards in store for you including weight loss!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Henry,
I have also been sleeping much better and snoring much less since on LDL! I have lost about 25-30 pounds and was also on a CPAP. I haven't had to use mine in about 2 or 3 weeks now and feeling great! I hated the CPAP and hope to never use it again! Isn't it great!

Keep up the good work!!!!

Glen M
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

Henry, WOW is that great news. Congrats on not needing your CPAP. I've been using mine faithfully for 2 1/2 years but hadn't even thought I may be able to stop using it someday....perhaps when all my extra pounds have gone away for good! However I will not even consider not using my CPAP each night until I've discussed it with my doctor. It sure would be nice to sleep well with no snoring, no apnea, and to be able to snuggle up to my DH again!  :blush: He hates that with the CPAP I am blowing cold air on him all night (who wouldn't?) unless I consciously pull the sheet up over my head....even tho' he is pleased that I can sleep AT ALL after getting the machine. There is absolutely NOTHING cute or sexy about having to sleep with the CPAP, it's just a necessary evil. But your message has given me hope and inspiration that sticking with the LDL w.o.e. may mean pitching the CPAP machine at some point down the road.
southernyankee
southernyankee
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

Ooooooops - I wondered if that 4-letter word connoting "lookin' good" would be a no-no on LDL. My apologies to Roger Tory and all LDL'ers. I will not make that mistake again.
southernyankee
southernyankee
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

Mary, Thanks for your words of encouragement and your understanding that sometimes/somehow THOSE little spamographic words slip into our most benign, scrubby-dubby conversations.

I just got home from my annual O-B/G-Y-N (did that get thru the spam blocker? LOL) appointment and WOW am I on Cloud Nine! In July 2008 he had prescribed Metformin for my Insulin Resistance. After I started taking it I dropped 20 lbs. pretty readily but since last Fall I had been stuck at that plateau and it seemed as though I'd never be able to drop any more excess weight. My sugar cravings decreased with the Metformin but I was still or even more than ever, a complete carboholic. I would consume each and every refined/white carb that I saw....and got little satisfaction from eating them.

Then, by happenstance and the grace of God I found the LDL w.o.e. and all you good guys on the boards in mid-June and I have lost another 10 pounds in less than 2 months! My Dr. is really pleased and needless to say, I am absolutely ecstatic about what LDL has done to change my life, my point of view, my attitude and my w.o.e. I am MELTING! and couldn't be happier! In our last words, my Doc and I spoke of our anticipation about what changes there will be in my next annual exam next summer!

Thank you God for bringing Let's Do Lunch into my life and increasing my health awareness. My Dr. said by following LDL -which I plan to do FOREVER - I will "never have diabetes" despite my strong family tendency/history of diabetes. I can't say enough about how thrilled I am with LDL...my Doc said another Dr. had recommended the book to him and now with the reminder from my bringing my copy to the appointment, he is going to go buy his own copy.
Three cheers for LDL! and P.S. I'm going to go make your Tomato Soup for supper.
Hugs,
southernyankee
southernyankee