It Finally happened today!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: It Finally happened today!

Post by crickadoodle »

If you send me your email address, Mrs. J and VickiLynn, I'll send you a picture of me.  I just don't know if I want to have my picture up.  Don't know exactly why, just feel funny about it.  We have a few good pictures from our recent vacation, so you could "meet" my husband too.  :D
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Mrsj,

Where or where has my little brain gone  :blush:  :wacko: SORRY Crickadoodle and Julie409!

Yes, I finally mastered the "link" thing and am having fun, fun, fun, with it.  I also found out how to check the replies to my posts yesterday thanks to another members question. We learn something new everyday, no matter how old we are  :D

Vicki
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Lol, Vicki, I'm familiar with brain cramps too! 

It is fun once we learn something new.  There's a lot to master these days technologically.  It can make the head spin.  Right now I"m trying to record a video from my digital camera to a DVD.  I can record it just fine.  It's the step where I'm supposed to finalize the DVD that's eluding me.  I'm not winning yet even though I actually read the directions and did what they said.  Directions, grrr *grrr*.  I keep trying to make those baby steps in learning something new everyday.

Hmmm, maybe that's a new topic called "What I've learned today" instead of using Roadglide's thread! Hi Roadglide! :D
mrsj
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

As you know by reading this thread, that I cannot motivate anyone by telling them how many pounds I've lost.  Because I haven't weighed myself not even a single time.  Only at the beginning.  But, last night, I had a dream (sounds stupid I know)  to put on a pair of dress jeans that I had not been able to wear in years.  I'm not over stating either.  I showered, then got dressed.  Found those jeans in my closet (I never throw out any cloths that I like even when they don't fit), and they slipped right on.  Perfectly!  I'm wearing them right now.  And I still love them.  Their antiques now. lol  But I still love them.  Been 6 months this month on LDL!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Congratulations on your weight loss and being able to fit into clothes you couldn't before.  How long have you been loosing on LDL?  And how in the world do you not use the scale at some point.  We waited now until our 1 month date and then couldn't wait to weigh.  I love watching go down on the scale not just how my clothes are fitting looser.
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

I don't know why I don't weigh myself.  It first started because I truly believed in this woe and didn't want to get discouraged.  So, I didn't weigh myself.  Now it's 6 months later and I just don't think it's time to weigh myself.  I still have fat around my belly area.  It seems that may be the hardest for me to come off.  Funny on other diets I've been on, it seems I lost it there first.  But on LDL, you loose it everywhere.  I think the Lord takes it off the areas of your body that needs it first.  So, I'm planning on weighing myself in JUNE 2010.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Roadglide, your faith in LDL has paid off for you.  I have lost differently as well.  I am so pleased with it.  You truly have scale discipline.  I weigh often, but usually it goes down; however, a couple times it was up and for 3 weeks, the scale didn't change.  I was down to a new number this morning-one I have not had for twenty years.  Praise to Jesus Christ.  I have eaten more food the last five months, and I feel better than I have felt in years.  I probably look a lot better.  My only regret is that I didn't hear about LDL years ago; but God's timing is never wrong.  Our daughter is going to benefit greatly from it.  She is fifty.  :thumbsup:  Joyful Friend
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Joyful friend, I feel no need to weigh myself.  I have TOTAL belief.  To me you will weigh where your suppose to weigh.  I have really no idea what the number should be.  I know what the so called experts say.  But I leave that alone.  I'm very happy with LDL.  Even when I switch to an evening LDL (which is not often), its so simple to switch back the next day.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

The way to be, Roadglide.  I have total faith in LDL, but I like to see what the scales say.  I guess, I'm an "Old Dog."  You know the saying,"Can't teach an old dog new tricks."  However, it didn't take me long to get on with LDL, so I guess that saying is not completely true about me.  All of our bodies are fearfully and wonderfully made, so our weight is also in the hand of our Father, and He has given the LDL plan to Roger to help each of us, so now we need to trust in it.    :D Joyful Friend
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

I wanted to add.  Yesterday, I was going through the closet, trying to figure out which coat I would wear while going on our Christmas Journey at our church.  The Christmas Journey is an out door live play of Jesus live from birth to resurrection.  Your out there 1/2 hour to 45 minutes in the woods and it's very cold.  I tried on my leather 3/4 coat that use to be my favorite.  I have not worn it in Years (no kidding) because it became too small.  I was so excited.  It fit just like before.  I was so happy.  I love wearing that coat.  It's got to be 15 years old at least.  And it's still a great looking leather coat.  I had to share that you you.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Roadglide, that is just wonderful.  I also have cleaned my closet 3 times and I am going to do it again.  My hubby and I flew to Dallas, Texas, a year ago, and I had a big boot on my foot and leg, and had to use a wheel chair.  We went with my cousins to an outdoor Christmas story from Nazareth to the Cross.  It was so precious to us, and I was treated so well.  They all pitched in to help my hubby push my Chariot as they called it.  You are an encouragement to all.  *hug*  :D Joyful Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Roadglide -- Aren't we funny how we talk?  I read your post and you said about your coat, "I have not worn it in Years (no kidding) because it became too small."  :D  Almost like the coat went on a diet and shrunk, but now it is eating again and is back to its old size.    :laughing:  It just struck me funny. 
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Well crickadoddle, I like to think when I was fat, that my cloths were getting smaller.  Kinda like the glass is half full sort of thing.  Like to keep it on the positive side.  lol
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  Too funny. Not only did my clothes shrink, but my arms did too. Now I have to wear reading glasses because my arms are too short to hold the book or paper away from my eyes! I heard another nurse say once, there is nothing wrong with my eyes, my arms are just too short! I also used to say, I am not too fat, I am just too short. If I were 7'6" my weight would be perfect! Thanks Roadglide and Crick for the chuckle.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Ok, so this is my 6 month check in.  Still I don't weigh myself.  (how's that!).  When I started in June, I can tell you I weighed 224 and not very happy with myself.  Today, I'm much, much less!  I'm finding more and more cloths that are getting bigger in my closet.  It was very exciting the other day, I tried on my long wool coat (the one I hadn't been able to wear in YEARS), and man it fit!  I am so happy.  I would now proclaim myself a size Large.  I've been XL for at least 20 years.  I mean yesterday, I wore a Large sweater that I haven't been able to wear in YEARS!  So, this is the best I've felt about my weight in 20 years or more.  It's truly a great feeling to go to my closet and find pants or shirts or whatever (because I don't get rid of anything that I like or use to like wearing) and they all fit.  Truly a blessing....  If anyone is just on the fence, thinking will this work, all I have to say is YES.  YES IT WILL.  And all this in 6 months!  Merry Christmas all!!!
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Wonderful, Roadglide!!  Losing weight, getting smaller, feeling good...all without going hungry or suffering in any way!  What a great gift you are giving yourself and your loved ones...a healthier YOU!!  Merry Christmas!!
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Hey Roadglide!
Just caught up with your post! You and I started very close to the same time so December 29th was my 6 month weigh in. I'm down 57 pounds in those 6 months. I am finally into a size 36 pants! Man, it's been a long time since I've been there! My closet is full of clothes that I can't wear now and my coat that I currently wear is way too big for me. Isn't it just an awesome feeling?! Where I work (large company) I have so many people ask me what I'm doing to lose weight, so I tell them about Rogers story .....and then mine. I have quite a few people that have started LDL now because they were watching me. My wife and daughter have just started also. I think your idea of not weighing is great. I didn't weight for probably 2 months when I started. I now only weight once a month. After all, it's a lifetime way of life and something you don't ever go off of!

Take care!

Glen
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

So Glen, how much weight did you want to loose?  Have you noticed too, that you loose everywhere, not just the belly area.  It's like it comes off, probably where it should first.  I don't know, I just eat this way because I know I like it and I always tell myself this is the most weight I'll ever weigh. 
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

I officially started at 256 although I know I had been heavier. The doc said I should be at 175 but I don't know how close to that I can get. I just have broke 200 which is just awesome and I'm now at 199, I didn't think I would ever be that low again! I'm just continuing to eat this way and I'll keep on dropping about 5 pounds a month so I'm not really too worried about it! Yes, I've lost weight all over, but one of the biggest areas is my backside! It's just gone! :0) well, since I can't control where it comes off at I'll just have to laugh about it! It's so nice to bend over and tie my shoes without holding my breath! My knees don't hurt anymore and I can climb stairs and all sorts of things without any pain. I guess the biggest benefit is my blood pressure is way down (112/70) and my cholesterol is 143 down from about 250 or so. Just about every day I tell someone new about "Lets do Lunch"! My wife and daughter has just started LDL and are very excited because they can feel a difference already! Their clothes are a little bit looser!

Take care!
Glen