It Finally happened today!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Roadglide

Re: It Finally happened today!

Post by Roadglide »

Ok just an excited update.  My neck size in June 09 was 17 &1/2  now it's 16 & 1/4.  How about that! yeo baby, yeo baby.......lol  And I'm wearing pants today that have been hanging at least 5 years in the closet.  My wife says maybe as long as 7 years!  Most phenomenal woe ever!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Way to go Roadglide!  There are so many ways to experience success.  I have to congratulate you on your ability to avoid the scale.  I have to admit that I do look forward to my monthly weigh-in as verification that LDL is continuing to work (to my utter amazement!!!).  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Ditto on the Way to go Roadglide! I echo your ain't this a great way of eating.
congrats,
Bobbi :thumbsup:
MNGirl
New, but learning

Post by MNGirl »

Great encouragement, Roadglide.
blessed4service
New, but learning

Post by blessed4service »

Thanks for posting your success. Congratulations. 

It is a real encouragement to those of us who just began this plan.  Look, you even became a role model for your Mother! :rose:

Continued success to you & your wife.

Martha in West Palm Beach (I noticed another Martha)
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Ok, so I have a day off today and wanted to try on cloths that I haven't worn in forever.  I can't find a suit that doesn't fit!  I mean, I have alot of sports coats (that the sleeves were getting too short) and suits that just sat in our closet.  Now I've got to tell ya, I'm not the kind to try on anything, but this is different.  It's just nice to go to my closet and see my favorite shirt (that didn't fit 4 months ago) and wear it today with attitude.  I've noticed so much change in my body that has happened very fast (4 months).  I've lost weight everywhere, not just the usual around the stomach area.  I truly thank the Lord for this!  I'm 55 and like all of you been on every diet out there.  This is the way the Lord intended for us to eat.  I truly believe this.  This is a profound statement, but, I think this day will be the most I ever weigh.  Is that amazing or what?  By the way, thank you Roger too.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Roadglide wrote:It's just nice to go to my closet and see my favorite shirt (that didn't fit 4 months ago) and wear it today with attitude. 
:thumbsup:  :cool:
Roadglide your whole post was awesome!  I especially liked the attitude, lol.
What a difference 4 months has made!!!  Congratulations!
mrsj
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Roadglide, I like the way you think.  It reminds me of, well, ME!  :laughing:  I like that profound statement and I agree with you about myself too.  This is the most I'm ever going to weigh ever again.  The confidence we have gained from this WOE and knowing it isn't just hype -- it really works.  We haven't used a drug to help it along.  We are just eating the foods that God created for us to eat to maintain our good health.  I have hated shopping, as a rule, but I think when I reach my goal and have to go shopping, I'm going to enjoy it.  It still won't be my favorite thing to do, but when clothes fit easily, it isn't such a frustrating hassle.  God bless you!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Yeah!!! :thumbsup: Loved your last post! such enthusiasm is catching. Made me smile! I got rid of all my small clothes and now have only one pair of jeans that I had gotten 5 years ago as "goal". Had I found them I would have gotten rid of them also. They don't quite fit comfortably yet but can get them on.

Thanks for sharing. I like using clothes as  my new yard stick.
Bobbi
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

It's a month later, and my size just keeps getting smaller.It's amazing at how fat I was.  I took my mom down to Florida (where she stays in the winter) and had to give my drivers license for check in.  I had to do a double look at it.  It was a fat guy in the picture on the drivers license, not me anymore!  I may have to get a new license.lol  This woe is amazing.  I mean for me it's too easy.  But I have talked to alot of people about LDL lately, and they are not ready.  I don't get it, but whatever.  I'm really not trying to convince anyone to go on this woe.  Hey, talk with you later.  In a month.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Great, Roadglide!  That driver's license is a reminder of the former you.  You just keep on shrinking.

I've had quite a few people interested in giving this a try.  I love sharing with them, but some people really feel that "I could never give up bread" or fill in the blank with the fattening starchy carb of their choice.  There is no one particular food that I feel is more important to me than being healthy and slim.  Not one.  I just know they cannot understand the power of LDL and how easy it is to stick to.  They have free choice, though.
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Crickadoodle, you only have 5 more lbs to go?  When I started out, I thought around 40 to 45 lbs would be amazing.  But, I may wait until next June for my one year anniversary to weigh in.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Yep, 5 lbs. to the goal I set at the beginning, but I think I might even go lower.  I'm just going to keep eating this way and see where I end up.  I'm a good weight right now, though, so it isn't like I have to get there anytime soon.
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Well how about a picture so we can see how good you look!  ;)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Here's a picture of our amazing Crickadoodle!

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=7757.0
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Roadglide, I enjoyed reading your update.  You continue to do great with LDL and isn't it great how easy you find it to be!  Congratulations! :thumbsup:
mrsj

PS: Great picture too!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

VickiLynn wrote:Here's a picture of our amazing Crickadoodle!

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=7757.0
Vicki, alas, we still don't have a picture of our amazing Crickadoodle.  Unless I missed something, that link shows a picture of our amazing Julie409.

However, I see you mastered being able to post a link! :thumbsup:
mrsj

PS: Crickadoodle, now you have to post a picture so Vicki, can change this link to show your picture! *evil*
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

The picture was harder to do than starting LDL that's for sure. lol
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

:D Man, you got that right, Roadglide!  I had to get my daughter to put up the 1st picture I had on here.
My hats off to all the computer techies.
mrsj