42 Days Since I Started

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
imwichya

42 Days Since I Started

Post by imwichya »

Hello all,

I have been lurking around. I was introduced to LDL by one of my client's. I am very grateful to her for taking the effort to tell me about the program. I have always loved fruits. Although my love for bread, sweets, and cokes used to always win.  ;D I have tried every type of diet. Low carb, low fat, no food etc. I have always had initial success and then hit a wall. I gained the weight back and then some. I do feel that it is different with LDL. I have no cravings. I eat a variety of fruits for breakfast and dinner. And my lean protein with a salad and beans or corn for lunch.

Today marks my 42 day anniversary.  I have lost 45 lbs., since starting this program. My back and knees feel a lot better. My blood pressure has dropped dramatically. Still got a long way to go. It is nice to know that surgery is not the only option.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post.

Eddie
Last edited by Anonymous on August 17th, 2009, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: 42 Days Since I Started

Post by EnJae »

Hey Eddie;
Welcome to Let's Do Lunch! (aka LDL)

Feel free to start a food journal here and pop into other folks journals and visit. Congrats on the weight-loss! This is the greatest way of eating!

NJ
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Eddie - CONGRATS on your great weight loss.  Keep coming back to the boards for encouragement and to encourage others.  You have a great story of your own!

Cheryl
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Eddie, welcome to this wonderful WOE.... congrats on the big weight loss.....hope to see more from you on these boards...

Cookie
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Eddie,

Congrats on feeling better and the weight loss. Welcome to LDL. Hope you come back often.  Have a great week. It only keeps getting better the longer you keep with this woe.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Wow, you have had some awesome success!  *woot*  I was so blessed to read your story!  Keep up the great LDL work!  It certainly is working for you.  Keep coming back to tell us about your progress because it is so encourging to us!  One more thing......its time for a happy dance!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

That is WONDERFUL!  You have done amazingly well!  I am so very happy for you!!!!
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Eddie,
Wow, that's an awesome weight loss! I'm not sure how much I've lost but my knees have stopped hurting and my BP has dropped dramatically! I was on the verge of having to take BP meds and was very worried about my knees. I'm so very thankful! Keep up the good work. I don't post much either, so maybe we can help each other sometime!

Glen M.
imwichya

Post by imwichya »

Hello again to all.  Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

Glen that sounds like a plan.

Best regards
Eddie
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Eddie,

Holy Cow!  That's more than a pound a day (I did the math  ;D).  You are truly an inspiration an it is great to read your story. I hope it will convince others to opt for a healthy lifestyle with LDL.

If there are any tips you would like to share with us - we would love to hear them. Are you exercising?  Are you following LDL to the letter? Just wondering  :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Julie  :rose:
LMSP

Post by LMSP »

Eddie - just remember you are not alone in the "long way to go" department.  But isn't is wonderful to lose weight each month??  I still have 92 lbs to go and am soooo excited I lost 22 in 3 months!  Wishing you all the best and hope to have you keep inspiring us with your success!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, WOW, Eddie!  Julie and I must think alike, because when I read your post the first thing I thought of was, "Wow, that's over a pound a day!"  I think my average is about 1 pound every 3 days and it's increased to 1 pound every 2 days, approximately.  That amazes me, my weight loss increased rather than decreasing.  You've gotta love it!  And on top of that, I'm enjoying the food and not feeling deprived or have horrible cravings that make it hard to stick with.

Eddie, you might have a long way to go, but you are 45 lbs. closer to your goal than when you started!  You are going to do it.  :thumbsup:
julybug

Post by julybug »

Wow!!!  Way to go :thumbsup: I love this way of living.  This is just not a diet.  This plan is working for me, and it is most definitely working for you.  I don't know what your goal is but stick in there I must say you are getting there fast.

I am sharing the news of LDL with others whenever I get the chance.  Thank you for sharing your success. :rose:
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
imwichya

Post by imwichya »

Hello all,

Thanks again to all for the words of encouragement.

My results so far are mainly attributed to my wife who has helped me and stuck by me through all my yo-yo dieting. She always makes sure that I have a variety of fruits on hand. My favorite fruit is mangos. Especially, Florida Kent Mangos.  She has also prepared the majority of my protein lunches. We used to eat out all the time (4-5 times weekly). I eat chicken most of the days. I usually have a salad with either corn or beans. A day or two a week, I have the corn thins with turkey and a slice of cheese. Even before the diet, I liked to eat Boarshead Cracked Pepper Mill turkey. My treat comes over the weekend were I usually have one of the days that I have my red meat on the bbq with grilled corn. When it comes to cheating the only areas are that I eat my salads with regular dressing. I limit the quantity. And the cheese. I usually have one slice of regular cheese when I eat the corn thins. Otherwise, I am extremely rigid in my eating. I only have fruit for breakfast and dinner. Occasionally, I have a fruit smoothie to change things up. Again, the fruits are all about variety and trying new fruits as well. My wife makes me a fruit salad in the morning. Today's salad consisted of nectarine, pineapple, green apple, and mango. She switches it up. For dinner, its usually one of my staples. Grapes, (red and green) cherries, mango etc.

The toughest part of the diet has been during social events. I've had work dinners, birthday parties, and a weekly poker game. Everyone is feasting on awesome looking foods and drinking and you see the enjoyment in everyone's faces. You can't partake. The satisfaction comes after the event. It's almost like a test of will. I always go either after eating fruit or eating fruit at the event.

My wife also did the diet with me lost 16 lbs and is 1 lbs away from her goal. So we feed off of each others progress.

No exercise yet. I do feel that I am becoming more active in the day to day activities. That is my next phase of this new lifestyle.
Last edited by imwichya on August 24th, 2009, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

You both are awesome!!!
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Way to go on continued success!  Its so nice you and your wife are doing this together and she is supportive.  Keep up the good work!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
momx2boys
New, but learning

Post by momx2boys »

OMG I am amazed, i am a new member but your stories and sucess is so encouraging!
powder99

Post by powder99 »

momx2boys wrote:OMG I am amazed, i am a new member but your stories and sucess is so encouraging!

Wow, that's taking a plan and running with it. Congrats to the two of you. Looks like a clothes shopping spree is in the works.
Jim
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Really inspiring story Eddie. Thank you for sharing it.  I love what you said about work dinners and events and the rewards that come afterwards, I will keep that one in my head.  Congratulations on your success.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Eddie, You  have done wonderful.  Good for you.  I'm also rather new.  I don't think I'll ever change this way of eating.  I have people tell me they couldn't live without sweets and chocolate.  They need to buy the book and try it.  It takes away all craving.  I had my pizza craving satisfied with cornthins and tomato paste, mushrooms, hot peppers, and fat free cheese, garlic and spices so good a recipe I got from a post.  Keep up the good work and give God the praise and glory He deserves for creating so many wonderful natural foods.  Joyful Friend