Shoe Size

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Shoe Size

Post by crickadoodle »

CQ -- now Hebert, that's a name I've heard of.  Pronounced "A bear"  with the long "a" sound.  not He bert, like I'm sure people not from here will say. 

Of course, like I say, we can always weed out who really knows us when they call on the phone.  None of our names sound like they look.  :D
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

LOL...everyone use to call and ask for Mr. or Mrs. "Touch it"....instead of "To shay." And you're right about my grandmother's maiden name being pronounced "A bear."

CQ
msdrina09
New, but learning

Post by msdrina09 »

Good for you!
:thumbsup:

The same thing happened to my mom when she lost a lot of weight she went down one size.  This is my prayer today: Lord God please let me loose a shoe size and if you let me get down two sizes I promise not to go crazy buying all kinds of really expensive fierce shoes...Amen  :angel: 
MsDrina09
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Msdrina,

You're on your way to the shoe shopping trip of an LDL lifetime  :thumbsup:

Please, if you have any food in your house that is not LDL approved, throw it out or better yet give it away.  That way you won't be tempted to put something into your body it doesn't need.  If you do this, you'll be on your way to better health, happiness, and new shoes  ;D .
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Hay I have a new one for the shrinking things.  I have lost the shoe thing but here  is a new one.  I have worn store bought teeth since I was twenty one and my gums are shrinking.  Not a good thing to have loose teeth.
CL.

Your laugh for the day
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, my, Donna -- I hope there is a not so expensive way to deal with that problem! 

I haven't found my feet have shrunk.  In fact, I bought a larger size shoe recently.  It could be all the walking I do, though.  I used to wear 8s and now it seems my feet are turning into 9s.  Oh, well!  I have 3 lbs. to goal and I don't suppose I'll lose it all in my feet!  :laughing:
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I think they are making shoes smaller.... I now wear a 9 sometimes 9.5 and used to wear size 8's!  I am 5'8" and weigh 142 lbs. so its not that my feet have grown.....really weird...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Mary J, 

I have lost all the weight I wanted to with this WOE and my size 9 shoes still fit. Some members who have had swollen feet comment on how the swelling in their feet has either gone down considerably or disappeared and I think this is the reason that they can wear a smaller shoe size now.  I really don't believe their feet have gotten smaller because your foot bones can't shrink but have simply becomes less puffy.  Anyone else have any theories?
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Donna, you win the prize - OMG!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
And I am sorry for that as well. I know how expensive new teeth can be.

As for our feet, you know it depends on if you gained weight in your feet when you gained it.  I had to buy bigger shoes when I gained weight and now they are falling off me. There are also different manufacturers and different styles so that's a factor as well. I try to stay away from the really pointy numbers bc I will have to go up a size and then I start tripping over them bc they are so big - klutz that I am!  :laughing:

Julie :rose: