Still Loving the Scales

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
debbiewetzel

Re: Still Loving the Scales

Post by debbiewetzel »

You look so much thinner...Congratulations.  I Luv LDL.

Debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Pam, you did very well. To be gone so long and only 2lbs. That will come off in no time.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Update!  I have been struggling with this d___ plateau for months now.  This morning I got a Christmas present at the scales.  I'm down 3 1/2 pounds!!!!!  How did I break the plateau?  I read everything I could on the internet and this site.  The only things that made sense to me were to change up my eating plan and add exercise.  With my MS I figure I pretty much get as much activity as I can out of my body, so- change up the diet.  I love this WOE.  It has become automatic and very satisfying.  A friend shared her Weight Watchers materials with me.  I calculated my points for several days changing nothing from the way I have been eating.  WW says I should eat 29 points every day.  I was only eating 14-20 points.  Could it be that I had not been eating enough and my body is/was in starvation mode.  So I decided to change up my diet by eating 3 or 4 times a day instead of the 2, sometimes 3, I had been doing.  I'm eating my fruit breakfast, my LDL protein lunch (somewhat smaller than I had been accustomed to doing), vegetables and maybe a little protein for dinner, and then if desired I have been having a snack in the evening such as popcorn or fruit.  What's different?  I'm simply eating more food over the day.  I think I wasn't giving my body enough food and it thought I was starving.  Looking back over the past year, the last time I had a really nice weight loss was last December.  Of course Thanksgiving to Christmas is a bigger eating season than most.  I hope this approach will let me reach goal at a somewhat faster clip.
Merry Christmas to everyone.  I know mine will be even more joyous!
Last edited by MsHeirloom on December 25th, 2010, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

That's wonderful Pam, I am SO happy for you.Very clever strategy!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wow Pam that is great!
I know those 3 1/2 pounds feels like a ton!
Best wishes for even more success.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Yeah Pam! Great going and good self research. I think not eating enough happens to lots of people because of the ole diet mentality. you got to eat a little as possible. This woe works because the food we eat nurishes the body and feeds it what it needs so it knows it won't be starving.
Thanks for all the encouragement. You are a great inspiration!
Happy Holidays and big hugs,
Bobbi
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Awesome report, Pam.  It is true that you can eat too little and your body wants to hold on to the extra fat, instead of releasing it.  So many people want drastic results and do drastic things. Merry Christmas!
knighte

Post by knighte »

Yeah! It is always nice to hear what is working with others and what can be tweaked while still staying on the LDL plan.
P
E
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

knighte,

welcome 2 Let's Do Lunch AKA "the most wonderful way of eating in the world"!!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks to all of you for the support and enthusiasm.  I had a very successful Christmas.  I had plenty to eat and stayed on plan.  It is still amazing to me how easy this plan is to adapt to a variety of situations and how it allows me to enjoy my foods without going off plan and indulging in all my "old favorites."  No other plan would have allowed me to eat a variety of satisfying and delicious foods and not feel deprived.  The only negative was others feeling bad when they compared their plate to mine.  I don't understand how others believe that they can't do this when they want and need to lose weight and eat in a healthy fashion.  I never preach, but do share when people ask.
Let's all set shining examples this coming year as we discard unwanted body fat and become fit and fabulous.  2011 is the year to really get on-board and reach our best potential.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

What a great encouragement you are for all of us! Yeahhhhhh! thanks so much for always sharing.
Happy New Year!
Bobbi
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

crickadoodle wrote:It is true that you can eat too little and your body wants to hold on to the extra fat, instead of releasing it.  So many people want drastic results and do drastic things.

I believe it is hard for some people to grasp the LDL concept -- to eat until full/stuffed.  On LDL we don't have to starve ourselves to lose weight and I can attest to this fact for I too like Pam have found that when I increased my food intake when reaching a plateau it jumpstarts my weight loss.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

My monthly weigh-in was today, and I can once again post that I really love the scale!!!  I have been at a standstill for the better part of a year playing with the same 4 pounds up and down, but THIS weigh-in is a MILESTONE!!!!!!!!!  I lost 3 1/4 pounds and I am (finally) in ONDERLAND!!!!!!!!!  This is cause for a major, nonfood celebration. 
What has changed to break the plateau?  I have been doing visualization every night as I fall asleep and every morning as I awaken.  I visualize that I am at goal.  I see myself as lean and strong.  I see the weight on my beam scale going "ker-plunk" when I put it on the 200 pound notch.  When I look in the mirror I say to myself, "I am getting leaner and stronger; my tummy is flatter."  I see myself as lean and strong and my unconscious mind is making that image a reality.  I highly recommend the book, Think Yourself Thin.  It explains how our subconscious mind makes whatever we imagine a reality.  If we imagine that we are getting fat, we will get that result.  For myself, I had said for 20 years that I would be happy to weigh 200 pounds and shop in the regular size area (16-18, XL) at the clothing store.  I got my wish and my mind thought I had achieved my goal.  The mind/body connection is a powerful tool which we can use to sabotage our plans or to achieve our goals.
I also believe that many of us are afraid to become slender.  An interviewer on TV a couple of weeks ago called it the American Burka of obesity.  That really hit home.  I think I was afraid to reach my goal because I would just be devastated when I regained all the "lost" weight and more as had happened a number of times in the past.  Fear of failure!
I now view myself as I will become.  A lean and strong woman.  In believing this, my body is matching itself to that image.  For me, that is the missing link.  I know what to eat to make it happen, now I believe it will happen- and it is!!!!!!!!!  I am in Onderland for the rest of my life.  What a beautiful place it is!!!!!!!
                                                                ONDERLAND
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image Image Image Image Image
CONGRATULATIONS! WELCOME TO ONDERLAND, PAM
Image        Image        Image        Image        Image      Image 
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
yoyodieter
New, but learning

Post by yoyodieter »

Congratulations Pam!!  What a journey. It is amazing how the mind takes control and governs what we think and subsequently do. What you visualize eventually becomes reality. So keep the positive thoughts going.  See yourself looking the way you want to look and take small steps at a time, like you have been doing.You can be proud of yourself and I wish you ongoing success. Thanks also for all the encouragement you have given me along the way. ;D
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thank you so much, Linda and Yoyo.  Linda, I love the graphics!!!  And Yoyo, three pounds under goal!  Wow!!!  Pam
Last edited by MsHeirloom on July 24th, 2011, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

PAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so very happy for you. GREAT JOB :)
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Way to go , Pam you will be there soon.  :thumbsup:

We won't recognize your next picture!  :)
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 25th, 2011, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Pam,

It only goes to show one how the power of positive thinking works.  Congratulations on making it into onderland.  Keep those positive thought coming and you'll be at your goal weight before you know it!

============================

YoYo,

You are a testament to LDL and I give you kudos for getting below your target weight.  Keep on keeping LDL and you'll have no problem keeping those pounds off.