Still Loving the Scales

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Still Loving the Scales

Post by MsHeirloom »

The interesting thing was that when Kathie was here, we tracked a typical day for me, actually the most I would eat in a typical day.  WW says I should have 23 points per day with an additional 5 floating points per day to be used whenever I desire during the week.  My "typical" day proved to be 19-20 points.  So, I am eating what I want, never feeling deprived or limited, am never hungry or craving junk foods, and I am under the WW limit for my height and goal.  Which would I choose?  You guessed it.  And the money I save can go to my new wardrobe.  The time I save not traveling to and from and attending meetings is used to prepare healthy, health-restoring, and delicious foods!  Kathie brought me a pair of blue jeans, Chico's size 2.5.  It's probably going to approach 100 degrees today, but I'm wearing them because I can :inlove:!  Pam
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Pam...You are doing so amazing!  Even after her seeing your success, and the freedom from not having to constantly monitor portions, is she still not willing to believe you?  Congratulations on your success...I love reading all your posts.  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Lisa.  She has lost her last 25# over the past year, about 13 on WW the past few weeks.  She has eaten LDL with us during our past 2 shared vacations.  I bought her the book.  She is just not ready to give up all her past beliefs.  She admires my progress, but says that there is one perfect diet for each of us and she has found hers.  I know I have found my perfect diet, and incidentally, it is the perfect diet for most, if not all of us.  She can have her deprivation, it's just not my cup of tea.  I told her that I hope she loses even more weight on WW and that she continues to share her too big clothes with me!  Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Go pam GO....YOU WILL AGAIN, PRETTY SOON, HAVE A NEW SKINNY PICTURE.......YOU LOOK GREAT........your so uplifting all the time........so nice to see your smiling face.....Wither
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Wonderful Wonderful Pam!  You look so small in your picture.  I know you must feel awesome. 
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Pam, you are the best                    ck
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks to all of you.  Kathie, I don't think anyone has ever said I look small. I'm 5'9" tall and weigh 205#.  Your comment made my day!!!  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Oh Pam, I had to laugh. Wearing those jeans because you can! How great is that! LOL

I so agree with you and all that have commented. I could never stick to a weighing counting deprivation diet. Even on Atkins, where you can eat all the protein you want, I just could not sustain... I felt deprived even though I did not feel hungry.
This woe is just so healthy and I love all the great recipes! Always something new and delicious to try.
I too know lots of people that refuse to believe there just might be a better way. That good ole diet deprivation mentality is just so hard to kick.
I am so glad I was able to.
Thanks so much for sharing Pam, as always you are such an inspiration.
Hugs,
Bobbi
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Bobbi- Thanks. *hug*!  Pam
JEM

Post by JEM »

MsHeirloom, congratulations on being successful with LDL.  You are my inspiration.  I must say that this WOE is so much more realistic for me.  Even if I wasn't doing LDL, I should still not be eating all the bad stuff out there (sugar,rice, pasta, bread, etc). I never worry about portion control (which I could never do regardless of what diet I was following) anymore.  I love the freedom of eating a lot of food that is good for me.
Never let 'em see you sweat!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Jem- You have the success attitude.  I can hardly wait to hear all about your progress!  Here's to healthy and enjoyable eating  :rose:!  pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Pam, if you weight 205 where are you hiding it? You sure have me fooled.........You look much less..........Wither
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wither- I love you!  I am tall and big boned.  It has it's advantages... and disadvantages ;)!  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I agree with Wither, Pam!

I cannot see where that weight could be. You look incredibly slim. I would have guessed about 50 lbs less. But your beautiful smile is what always catches my attention. So glad you are doing so well.

Julie :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- You are always so supportive.  I love you, too.  Yes, I want to (and need to) lose 45#.  Maybe it's all in my butt and you can't see it in the picture ;)!  Actually, my hips are down 12"!  This way of eating has actually resulted in a very nice distribution of inches lost.  Others have mentioned the same thing.  When I considered weight loss before LDL, my goal was always regular sizes (XL, Chico's size 3, maybe a size 18).  Well I've passed through all that and I'm not about to stop.  I'm a large, Chico's size 2.5, 14-16).  Yeah!!!!!  Isn't LDL the answer to our prayers?!?  Gotta love LDL and all my online friends.  Pam
Last edited by MsHeirloom on July 29th, 2010, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Yes, Pam, I agree with all the rest and wonder where all the extra weight you are talking about is. LOL Yes LDL is just the greatest woe ever.!!!
It is so encouraging to watch your progress. Thanks so much for sharing.
hugs,
Bobbi
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

:inlove:!  Pam
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

As promised, my post cruise weight.  I'm at 204 which is up about 2 pounds from my lowest weight, but truthfully, is what I weighed before the 28 day cruise.  So, in short, I'm thrilled.  To be able to maintain with all the abundance of fabulous cruise food is phenomenal.  I was able to make good choices and they were always accommodating.  I had wine a couple times each week, and I never felt deprived.  Now it's time to start losing again.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Congratulations and welcome back Pam.
Onederland is next stop and not far off!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

You did wonderful Pam.  Those couple lbs will be off in no time at all. 
Have a healthy Happy Thanksgiving