Still Loving the Scales

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Still Loving the Scales

Post by Joyful Friend »

Wonderful, Wonderful!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

OH!! POOH!!! I had my weigh-in this morning and I didn't go to Onderland. I lost over 2 lbs for the week, but not enough for Onderland. 200.2 is close but not there yet. I'll just keep trying!!!
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

It will happen!!! :thumbsup: JF
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

You are doing great  :thumbsup:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wow!  So close.  it will happen very, very soon.  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Hey Pam looks like you are doing really great! Congratulations! and keep up the good work.
hugs,
Bobbi
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

barrypaxton wrote:OH!! POOH!!! I had my weigh-in this morning and I didn't go to Onderland. I lost over 2 lbs for the week, but not enough for Onderland. 200.2 is close but not there yet. I'll just keep trying!!!

Ollie, 2 pounds in one week -- SUPER!!  Keep on eating until full and Onederland will be there before you know it  *hug*
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

But two pounds is great in a week and I rejoice with you for that!  Onederland is so close you can smell it and taste it!  *woot*  What an exciting time for you! 
julybug

Post by julybug »

Looks like you are almost half way to goal.  Sounds like you need to get up do a dance girl friend.  I wish you well!!  Julybug
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

The long awaited weigh-in.  I would be dishonest if I didn't post that I'm disappointed :sad:!  I have only lost 1 1/2 pounds since my January weigh-in.  I was on my cruise, camping, condo vacation for 7+ weeks and thought I was doing well.  Clothes are fitting better.  My hips are down a total of 9 1/2" since May.  I'm down from size 24/3X to size 16-18 XL.  I know that a plateau would be perfectly normal at the 10 month mark, but I am disappointed *grrr*!  Read the book again, cut back on popcorn, no food after 7pm, positive thinking for better results in April...  Update next month!!!  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Oh Pam you may not be down on the scales but wow look at the size of clothes you are now wearing.  I long to be down below the plus sizes and definately look on you as a wonderful mentor for LDL.  I know you are planning on keeping on since this is a life decision to better health.  I don't know where you are on reaching your goal but we all know if we stay on LDL we will see that number happen.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Wendy, for your support.  I am closing in on the half way mark to my goal.  It means a lot to me that you and others on board care about my progress.  It keeps me going when I could be discouraged.  Thanks again.  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I was noticing that you are almost half way.  Oh, that is such a milestone.  I'm just realizing that when I thought I was 1/2 way, I really wasn't, because I ended up losing more than I thought.  But -- that was a good thing!   :D  Congratulations on all of your successes -- weight and sizes.
Last edited by crickadoodle on March 25th, 2010, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Crick.  You are one of my heros.  Not only at goal, but way below goal!!!  And sharing LDL with your church class.  I wish I were coming to SA and could meet you and the others.  I will be there in my thoughts.  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I wish everyone could be there.  I'm still hoping I can be there as I'm having lots of trouble with my mom's illeostomy.  Oh, what a mess we've had this week.  We have to figure out how to get this to work, or there is no way I can make a trip like that with her.  No one else can take over for me here, so we'll just lose our money.  Nonrefundable.  I'll try anyway, if we end up not going, but don't expect much.  We just have to get this thing to work right.  I'm checking with the wound nurse at the hospital tomorrow.  Hopefully she can help.  Please pray!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Oh, I so hope it works out for you to go.  I know it will be a lot of work for you, but also a nice change of routine for you both.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Crick,
See if you can find an Ostomy Nurse. The wound care nurse may be able to get you in touch.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Congratulations, Pam, on your continued success! You are doing great. I have been in stall mode at 158-163 for 3 months. :sad: However, it is teaching me to accept myself. I really have to keep looking at myself. I am slimmer that I have been in so long. I know I should just be content where I am at. And in truth may not get any lower. But think I will because I am gradually loosing a tiny bit at a time. You and so many others are such encouragement to me to stay the course and of course this way of eating is really so easy it's not hard to follow.
Crick, Wow you continue to loose weight! Cool. you go girl! My sympaties with you Mom's colostomy. An Ostomy Nurse would be a great help for you . Best of luck and hope you get to make the SA meeting.
Big hugs,
Bobbi
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hang in there Bobbi,
For me I have been doing this since November and have and only a few lbs weight loss. (I had lost nearly 20lbs before LDL). I had determined this was a healthy way of life and had already committed to doing this anyway. Well through it all I had ravenous cravings, wanting to eat every 2 hours, retaining and loosing water, etc, etc, etc. But SUDDENLY (LOL 5 months) my body finally learned I was not going back and the weight is falling slowly again and more so inches. Most of all the hunger is finally gone. Everyone is created unique but God has provided healthy food that will nourish us and LDL teaches us which ones. If you stay with it, the changes will come.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks Linda for your encouragement! It's so great to hear that others have been where you are. I appreciate your words!
hugs,
Bobbi