New to LDL, 20 lbs in one month and still losing....

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
michelevalencia
New, but learning

New to LDL, 20 lbs in one month and still losing....

Post by michelevalencia »

Like Sheila http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index.php?topic=7424.0, I too saw LDL in a magazine while I was on vacation, but was unable to get the book right away. Thanks to just following the basics, fruit smoothies for brkfst, bean and tomato soup or chili beans with 1/2 lean sirloin 1/2 lean ground turkey breast and salad for lunch, and fruit salad for dinner, with a few LDL safe extras here and there, I am down from being a tight 14 to a loose 12 pant size.
The interesting thing is that when I started, I had the flu, started a new job of 50-60 hours a week where I sat mostly in a very cold office, and my flu which lasted for 4 weeks, had actually turned into pneumonia.
Wait! Before you think that the weight loss is from my illness, let me say that a 20 lb weight loss from illness would have made me look like a skeleton in the face, but my face looks healthy, my acne has disappeared, my headaches are better and now I am pneumonia free (thanks to antibiotics and 2 days forced bed rest), BUT, I truly believe that eating as well as I have, actually kept me from ending up in the hospital with this pneumonia. I consistently lost 5 pounds a week while eating until full. At my new job,they look at me at lunchtime, as if I should be gaining weight with all I eat.
Praise God for healing and for LDL. I am hooked and my cravings are gone!
And I only received the book last weekend as a birthday present. The recipes are opening up a whole world of possibilities. Time to make my shopping list.
Still losing......

Michele
Last edited by Anonymous on August 30th, 2009, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Less of me, more of HIM!
In Christ,

Michele
t-rock
Master Member

Re: New to LDL, 20 lbs in one month and still losing....

Post by t-rock »

Thank you for sharing this Michele.  Congratulations on your loss.  Fantastic!!!!!!!!   

Tiss
michelevalencia
New, but learning

Post by michelevalencia »

Thanks Tiss!  :)

Went to a baseball game today and had NO cravings for any of the ballpark fare!! There was a free barbecue for our phone company customer appreciation day with watermelon, mac and cheese, hot dogs, chips, hamburgers and lemonade. I piled my plate high with watermelon, and took two hamburgers without bread, blotted the grease off and ate them with a little ketchup and mustard and successfully avoided everything else including the other snack bar and vendor items with nary a craving or desire.

Thank you LDL!! Amazing because with any other diet, I would have succumbed because of the feelings of being deprived of something. With LDL I do not feel deprived!

Less of me, more of HIM!
In Christ,

Michele
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

congratulations, and welcome to the ldl journalling boards, you are doing fantastic, and now that you have the book and recipe cards, it opens up a whole new way of eating and recipes you may never have tried before.  you will eat so well, you will remember that this isn't a d  *scyth* t, but a way of eating *love* have a great week.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Michele,

20 lbs in one month is astounding. You are having incredible results. Congratulations!

Julie :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good for you, Michelle.  You are experiencing fabulous success with much more in the future.  Pam
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Congratulations! I hope I can do as well!  :)
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

Although this is old news to some, it's amazing to me!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Hey Guys,

This post is from 2009 and she hasn't been active since June 2010.

CQ
rodie

Post by rodie »

Thanks CQ, I didn't even notice the date :wacko:,never saw the original post so it was new to me,lol
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Rodie,

Sometimes the Newbies will respond to old post. I didn't think that I'd seen Michelle for awhile so I checked the date. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

*hug*
CQ
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thanks CQ!  I didn't check the date or read all of the posts.  I removed my message.
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!