Off the sale rack...

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Sweetpea

Off the sale rack...

Post by Sweetpea »

Hey everyone... my name is Tiffany and this is day number 18 with LDL... which I LOVE! I have a little triumph to share with you.

Two years ago I bought a beautiful little sundress off the sale rack at Target right at the end of the Summer. I didn't bother to try it on, after all it had "X" in the size, surely it would fit me! WRONG! I got home and found out I couldn't even pull it down over my stomach! I didn't return it though... I told myself, I'll be in it by NEXT Summer. That didn't happen either, last Summer came and went.. no sundress. Today I decided to try on some of my clothes that I'd worn recently, just to see if they seemed looser than before, when I came across the little sundress. I thought, what the heck, I'll try to pull it on and see how far I have to go before I can wear it.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... I'M WEARING THAT DRESS!!!!!!!! COMFORTABLY wearing it.... I'm just shocked! I've only been doing this for 18 days..but it has made a huge difference in my body! I laughed and cried all at the same time... I proudly took the pair of scissors from the drawer and CUT the tags from it... they had been on the dress all this time. I texted my husband Mike (who works near where we live) and asked if he could come home right away for just a minute. When he got there I was "hiding" behind our bedroom door... he walked in and I stepped out in front of him.. "well" I said.... he just stared at me, his eyes popped out... and he said "hey, you've never been able to wear that!.. way to go babe"! This feeling is AMAZING! No greasy burger or pizza can compare to this!

It's now just passed dinner time... and Mike keeps looking at me... I feel so pretty...
Thanks for reading my little success story.. I pray it's one of MANY! *love*
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

Ginny M.
Master Member

Re: Off the sale rack...

Post by Ginny M. »

YOU GO, GIRL!  ;D

*hug*

Ginny
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Sweetpea, that is just the sweetest story I have ever heard. What a great guy for coming right home to you and making you feel so good.
I am so happy for you!  Soak it all in - you deserve it.

Julie :rose:
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Congratulations Sweetpea, isn't LDL just the best?

Cookie
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Sweetpea- Thanks for sharing your story.  You have experienced the first of many successful, happy episodes.  Isn't this just the best WOE :inlove:!!  I found an outfit in my closet last week that I had never been able to wear... and it's too big!!!  Pam
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Ok you actually brought tears to my eyes..tears of happiness of course!  *hug*

I am so proud of you and I am so glad you feel pretty and that you have a wonderful guy who came right home and got excited with you!!  :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us all!

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Congrats, isn't it wonderful when our dear ones look at us with that look, like they've never seen us before.  It is the greatest feeling, and you will have many more of them as you stay ldl strong.  :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
michelevalencia
New, but learning

Post by michelevalencia »

WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! You go girl! what a sweet, inspirational story!  *hug*

Less of me, more of HIM!
In Christ,

Michele
Lori K
New, but learning

Post by Lori K »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know EXACTLY how you are feeling!!!!  I am going shopping today to buy new pants because they are all TOO BIG!!!!  WHOHOO!!!!  Thanks LDL!!!  :thumbsup:
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

CONGATULATIONS SWEETPEA...thats...
[center]Image
Chrissy
rodie

Post by rodie »

Hey Sweetpea Congrats,isn't it great when you can get into clothes that were hiding in the back of your closet or sitting in a dresser drawer?I just got in some jeans myself this past weekend. It is a GREAT feelin! :thumbsup:
Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

AW -- That's so fantastic!  There's something about LDL that makes your tummy smaller than it was, even when you might weigh the same or even a tiny bit more than you did when you last tried on those old clothes.  I don't know what it is, but I THANK GOD for it!

Loves, Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I had tears in my eyes too, just like Jazmyn. What a wonderful story -- now think of how your husband will respond to you when you can fit into the next size down.  Be careful though because he might not make it out of the bedroom and back to work right away.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

You made me cry happy tears!  *hug*    Congratulations hon!

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Joyful Friend »

Sweetpea, I think you have a terrific husband.  Just keep up what you are doing and you'll still be wooing him when you've been married 51 years.  You're an inspiration.  Forever Friend
mlpautzke
New, but learning

Post by mlpautzke »

I had tears and chills reading that!  I hope I can get the same reactions as you soon!
Michelle

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

And it just keeps getting better!

Thanks for sharing.  That was encouragement for me to keep on keeping on today.

Blessings,
Julie
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Congrat's
We can do anything.  Husbands can be so special.  I just love compliments when it comes from my DH
Cl
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]