I'm on my way

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
hopefull

Re: I'm on my way

Post by hopefull »

Thanks, Roger for your nice comment. I so get the "eat till I am full" part. That is what pulled me into LDL in the first place. I had never been able to loose wieght before because I just so don't do hunger. Now, I never have to and I couldn't be more pleased and excited. That is saying a lot as I am coming up on eating the LDL way for a year! My start date was July 20, 2009.
My class starts this coming Friday on July 9th. I will email you my syllabus.
Once again, thanks so much for sharing this  WOE.
Hugs,
Bobbi
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

hopefull wrote: I had never been able to loose wieght before because I just so don't do hunger.

Bobbi, I understand what you are saying. When I was doing WW, I went to bed hungry many nights because I had run out of "points" for the day. I LOVE "LET'S DO LUNCH"!!!!

Have a very blessed day!!
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks Ollie for your comment! Wow look at you! You are doing so great.....It truly does seem like a miracle to eat so many good foods, enjoy all I eat and still loose weight! So thankfull for this woe.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I thank the Lord everyday for leading me to this WOE!!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Just want to share about my first LDL class Friday night! It was great. There were only 3 people there but have 3 more that will be attending via long distance. It's a great beginning.
I have created a 11 page study guide to go with the book. Mostly it is repeating things from the book that I think are very important. I don't think the "eat all you want whenever you are hungry, until you are full" can be repeated too much. It is just such a hard concept for us to wrap our minds around. Especially since we are eating so many foods that are so very delicious!!! No going hungry, no weighing, no measuring, no feeling deprived!!
All that said and I am down another 2#s to 156# No struggle, no trying, just eating wonderfully healthy good food.

Sorry, just can't help but go on and on about this woe. Which is amazing considering I have been eating this way for almost a year! My start date was July 20th 2009!
Thanks so much for all the support everyone.
hugs,
Bobbi
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Bobbi, Thank for posting ! You are giving a lot of people hope. Especially some who are just starting.  :thumbsup:  *woot*  
                                                                                                                                             Donna          
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Yeah, Missdonna,
So good to meet you. Looks like you are new to this woe! Welcome to the train to Skinnytown. You can do this! Such a wonderfully healthy way of eating! I am a holistic nurse and think I have been looking for something like this.
I sure have surpassed my goal wt of 170#'s!

Enjoy and have fun getting there. and thank you so much for your kind words.
Big hugs,
Bobbi
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

Thanks, I need all the help I can get. I don't want to self destruct.
tthso52

Post by tthso52 »

Great reading about your group class.  Are there classes all over the country?  How many?
Your anniversary is in 5 days!  You have done so well with this plan.  I hope I can say the same in a year!
I do love this WOE.  You are an inspiration.
Terry

Restarted LDL on 2/7/11
3 weeks on LDL 2/28 -5#
3/31/11 -7#
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks tthso52 for you kind words.
there are actually 4 distance members to my class. My cousin in Henderson, NV my daughter in law in Japan. and a mom and daughter in a small town north of me who could not attend the class.  I didn't look to do it this way but is how it has come about so will go with the flow.
Welcome to the best way of eating and the healthiest way of loosing weight!
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I hope they all embrace this WOE and enjoy getting healthy. With all the cheer leaders we have we have to win!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

tthso52 wrote: Are there classes all over the country?  How many?

tthso52...  There are no franchise classes around the country.  The classes spoken about on our boards are ones that LDL members have started on their own.  Crickadoodle and Joyful Friend conduct their classes at their respective churches.  A couple of other members have also led classes.  Others share LDL by word of mouth to co-workers, relatives, and friends.  I have even shared LDL with a stranger at my local grocery store! 
Missdonna

Post by Missdonna »

I embarrassed my daughter today at Smokeybones  when I took out my book and started telling one of the managers about it. Well ...He asked me to. :pouty:
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Missdonna,

I am chuckling over your story -- we spread the LDL word in any way we can  ;D .
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Oh Missdonna, you are too cute with the "well, he ask me to" Of course you woudl have to share. LOL..... Love your posts.
I do so enjoy it when you all chime in. Thanks a bunch,
Bobbi
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Just got to share this one.
This last week end I went to Colorado Springs, Colorado to meet with my sister and a couple of cousins. The minute I walked into the motel room my sister exclaimed. "Wow, you've lost 30 more lbs!" I had to laugh, as I've only lost 9 lbs since I had seen her last. Anyway it sure made me feel good!
Know you can all relate to this one.
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

That was fabulous Hopeful. Its always so nice when people notice your weight loss!
Hugs. Kathie in Fl.
[
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Ok, so lately I was dealing with cravings for ice cream!!! What was up with that, I thought? Then I examined what I was eating and drinking and realized I had been drinking a little bit of honey sweatened energy drink that is suppose to be good for you. Sure enough since I stopped drinking this drink, the cravings have gone away!!! I am so thankful I knew to look at my diet for why I was craving something.
Just love this woe......
Bobbi
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

I just noticed that Miss Donna hasn't been on for awhile...Hope things are going ok with her.  Come back Miss Donna!

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone