I'm on my way

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
hopefull

Re: I'm on my way

Post by hopefull »

Good to read your comment Joyful friend.
I am sitting here mowing down on my 3rd bowl of popcorn. mmmmmmm goood it is so wonderful to eat till full. And I just love the foods!
Well will be leaving in the am for Colorado!!! This way of eating is so easy to travel with will just have to watch the food when I get there. Don't really think it will be much of a problem but will go prepared anyway.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Colorado sounds great.  What will the weather be like there, Hopefull?  Where do you live?  Have fun!!! Joyful Friend
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I'm home from Colorado! Had a great visit with family and friends and AND lost 2#s!!!!!! Just can't beat that. I ate very close to LDL all the time. Was not even tempted with the cake and pizza at my Dad's bday party. In fact the cake looked so sweet I was nauseated just looking at it. Seemed very strange. I did surcome to a small piece of my Mom's apple pie. Such a tradition in my family to refuse would have been viewed hmmmm very negatively. But was not even tempted for more.
So my loss now is down 20#'s. I didn't feel I had gained any but was really surprised I had lost. What feels so great is being back in control of what I can eat. I missed all the great food!!!!
Glad this forum is here. thanks for everyones comments.
Oh and Joyful Friend, the weather was great! Cool at night and 70's during the day. I was mostly at Fruita Colorado which is just west of Grand Junction.
I live in Nebraska, mid southern part 100miles south of Grand Island so broke the trip home up into two days. drove to Denver Thurs night and then on home Friday.I'm back to work tonight.......
Good to be home and able to do LDL full time. Oh was able to encourage several other people to give this WOE a try. Told them about the forum too. Hopefully they will  join us.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

So I am finally able to stay off of the scale! Will be using clothes as my yard stick now as someone else in another thread suggested. Just need to get size 14,12,and 10 jeans for starters. Can't emagine being anything smaller than a 14. Who know maybe it will happen. I am almost there right now. Yeah!!!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Welcome home hopefull.  Sounds like you had a good time in Colorado...........and lost 2 lbs.  Nice!  Congratulations to you being down 20#s! :thumbsup:
I think you will enjoy using your clothes to *see* your weight loss and not let the ups and downs of the scale play mind games with you.  I know I enjoy the freedom from it.  I do believe your stop is coming up on this train ride to skinnytown.  Yup.  Next stop, size 14!!  After that, I'll see you when you get back on board to your next destination, size 12.
Chugging along with you,
mrsj
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

I think its a good idea not to weigh yourself.  I haven't weighed myself since June (when I started).  I didn't want to get discouraged.  I see a different me in the mirror every day now!  So, you go girl!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks for all the encouraging words Mrsj and Roadglide. I do feel more liberated. Though I had to hide the hmmmm scale so it doesn't tempt me. What a habit. But thankfully an easy one to break.
another coworker here at work has started with LDL and she is just as thrilled as I. So have another person to be excited with.  woohooo!
Yeah, I am looking at that size 14 and will grab a size 12 to try on........I am soooooo enjoying eating this way. What a wonderful gift. I encouraged several more people with this WOE today. Seems not a day goes by that I don't meet someone that is having a struggle. Well I am struggling no more and it is just great!
Also am thinkful for all the support from the boards here!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Hopefull, So happy that you are going down in sizes painlesssly.  Keep up your good work, Joyful Friend
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

You are welcome hopefull.  Congratulations on sharing LDL with your coworker.  This eating plan is a wonderful thing to have in common.  Good for you and and for her.
Good job! :thumbsup:
mrsj
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Twenty pounds!  Wow!!

I did that just in case anybody else missed this at first, like I did.  I remember how awesome it felt to be able to say I'd lost 20 lbs.  It's like, "Now this is some serious losing!"  I'm at 32 lbs. gone now and before I know it, I'll be able to saying this amazing phrase, "I've lost 40 lbs. on this wonderful way of eating that I discovered this summer." 

Well, congratulations on the great progress you've made.  I can't imagine ever going back to eating like I used to.  This is too easy and works too well to give it up. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

hopefull wrote:Julie,  What is Polaner? have not heard of it.

Hey hopefull!  Congratulations on the 20 lb loss - that's terrific!  You are doing awesome.  :thumbsup:

I was reading back through and saw that I didn't answer your question. Polaner is a brand name for a jelly that is essentially all fruit with nothing added. It is LDL acceptable. Though for me if I eat too much of it,  the cravings will start.  I use the raspberry on the gingerbread brownies. Yummy! 

Julie :rose:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Julie, thanks for the definition of Polaner. I had wondered if that was what it was. I know I have to be careful also or am sure would get cravings so thanks for the warning. You guys are ai great! Thanks  so much for the support everyone.
Chickadoodle.... ;D I just had to smile at your great big red twenty pounds LOL. It does seem like that is a weight loss that I can now say WOW that is significant. I love it.
hugs a bunch to you all
Bobbi
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Something about that first 20 lbs.  Congratulations!!!  Also, It's great to know as Crickadoodle said  that is a life time WOE.  Joyful Friend
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

So I am away from home but brought my food with me. All is going well. The scale is hidden behind some boxes at home. hmmmmm Had to do something to help me break that ole habit. Of course now it is helping that I am away from home where the dastardly scale is hiding LOL. Anyway more and more people here at work are "trying this woe."  :teeth: More people to encourage and be encouraged by! I just love it!
I am feeling oh so skinny!!  ;D Can't wait till I get home on Wed to see if my skinny jeans fit me better.
I am still so loving this WOE and also the wonderful supportive comments form everyone..
Thanks so much,
Bobbi
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Hopeful- You are doing great!  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks, Pam, you are always so encouraging. I really appreciate you,

hugs,
Bobbi
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

So I am really not staying off the scales as I promised. And the dratted thing kept showing  173-175. This even when I hid the darn thing behind boxes.... cheeze. Anyway, I promise to give it up. Weigh date is Nov 20th. Will pay no never mind to any weight until then.
I did get some skinny jeans to use as a guage of fat lost. so far not much budge with those either. However, I am still enjoying this WOE and not gaining weight so why should I worry right! After all I weigh the least I have weighed in 7 years! That is still very encouraging to me!

Bobbi
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

i have not weighed myself because I didn't want it to discourage me.  Too often if I wasn't' loosing the weight I thought I should have, I gave up.  I Believed.  I knew after reading about Roger and his story, that this was a fact.  I want to be healthy first, and lean second, and stay lean and healthy third.  I truly love LDL.  It's my way of eating.  It will be for the rest of my life.  I just get excited putting on a sweater that the sleeves were too short and now miraculously they have grown longer. lol  Or pants that were a minimum of 2 inches from pulling it as hard as I could to buttoning, now button easily.  And I really haven't given up anything.  it's just knowing when I should eat this or that food.  I have no idea what I weigh.  It's not a great selling feature, when I'm telling someone about LDL though. 
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Roadglide you are doing wonderful, I like the part about being healthy first, then being lean.  I have been on LDL 2 months today and feel better then I have in years.  And started feeling this way after a few days.  I believe the weigh will come off, so I am taking it one day at a time.  And its so good to know some one on this board understands what your going through.  And the other day I went closet shopping and found a beautiful Red dress, that I was not able to wear a few months ago, and now It fits.  I may wear it tonight to church.  Thanks you Lord, and please bless Roger for his willingness to share this way of eating.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Roadglide, Thanks for the encouragement. I do get that health is most important! I am so impressed with this WOE because of that!