I'm on my way

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
hopefull

Re: I'm on my way

Post by hopefull »

I've been waiting for my official weigh date (Nov 20th) to post but am too excited to wait. I weighed myself yesterday and have lost a total of 26#s now!!! Woohoo. I wanted to be under 170 by the time I went to Florida Nov 25th and I now weigh 167#s! I am so excited!
It is great having so much support and I still oh so love this WOE.
My postmistress has my book and I have been encouraging her. Her concern was her meat and potatoes hubby! I challenged her to at least give it a week! We shall see.

Will post what my official 4month loss is next friday!

Bobbi
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Bobbi that is wonderful, it is so great when we reach one of our goals, it just encouragers us to keep on keeping on.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Bobbi, Congratulations on getting rid of those 26 lbs. :rose: You are so right in saying "one day at a time".  Goals are so much easier to reach if you're not in such a hurry to get there.

Mr. Roadglide... you said "And I really haven't given up anything. It's just knowing when I should eat this or that food." and I add, you can eat until FULL.  Also, it's too bad that the majority of people outside of the LDL community measure pounds off as a guide to success not realizing that this WOE is such a benefit to our overall good health. I started LDL because of some health problems my husband has -- I did it more for him than myself but in the long run (only four months now) I had benefits of my own -- from a size 12 to an 8. My husband's last checkup was amazing and he loves all the LDL meals I make.  He is also so proud that he can get into clothes that haven't fit him in years. ONe of these days you are going to get the courage to get on that scale; and when you do SHOUT IT OUT!
Last edited by VickiLynn on November 14th, 2009, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Bobbi, a big congrats on the weight loss!!  Feels wonderful, doesn't it?!

Deborah and I are native Floridians, so we perk up when anyone mentions our home state.  We're from Panama City, on the Gulf, just east of Pensacola...we're both in Texas, now.  If you go through our hometown, give everyone our regards! :laughing:  Are you going for the Thanksgiving Holiday?  Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Yes I am going to Florida for the Thanksgiving holiday! I am pretty excited to hear what my kids say about my weight loss. My daughter knows I have lost about 20 lbs. !!!!
Will let you all know.
I keep having to pinch myself to believe that I weigh in the 160's! Really did not think this would ever happen. Now I believe I will probably loose maybe 20 more lbs?

By the way, I am finding cloth sizes are really fickle. I purchased a few new things at the local thrifty store the other day as most of my clothes are falling off of me  ;D Anyway got a size 12 Pair of jeans and a size 14 the 14 is too tight and the size 12 is stretch and almost too loose already. I did not try them on in the store thinking if they were too small I would hopefully eventually fit into them.  Anyway just use the ones that are too tight for goal jeans. And so it goes.
Thanks for all the encouragement Guys! I appreciate it.
hugs,
Bobbi
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Hopefull,

Your body will tell you how much weight it wants to lose so you might lose more than another 20 lbs.  My goal weight loss was 25 lbs and apparently that is what my body wants because I haven't lost any more weight even though I continue to cook/eat the LDL way. I am getting another benefit from this WOE.  My cellulite is disappearing for the first time ever and my waist and hip measurements are more in proportion with each other.  I have tried every diet you could possibly think of and this is the first time this has happened.  Oh the joys of LDL  :) .
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Bobbi, I'm proud  of you, and I know your kids will be so pleased.  LDL has done things for my body that I never thought would happen again.  My hips have gone down as well this time.  I would have never thought I would be size 12 in my hips  This year, I can say LDL is one of 2009 blessings.  I am probably going to go to size ten at the top.  I'm pleased with how I look and feel, but I am going to not wander from the WOE.  I love the new foods and how I've incorporated LDL into my old recipes.  God is so wonderful.  I'm thankful for Roger who has not been selfish with his insight.  Vicky, congratulations!!! Joyful Friend
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks Joyful for your words. Yes I too am amazed at the weight loss and loss of inches! Though I am finding clothes to be quite fickle in sizes. LOL.  Yeah not sure what size I will be when the weight loss stops!

Too cool Vickie. I look forward to my cellulite disappearing! Thanks for sharing

Yes just love LDL woe
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

My 4 month weigh date was yesterday. 167#'s! and 3 inches lost! I am excited! That brings my weight loss to 26#'s ;D. Just love this way of eating.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Bobbi,

Four months and 26 lbs  :thumbsup:  Enjoy your Thanksgiving trip to Florida.  Your daughter will be sooooooo proud of you; just like we are!  *hug*

Vicki
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks VickieLynn
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the other LDLers!!!
I am so excited to see what my kids say. Will let you know.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

You most definitely are on your way now!  Keep up the great work. 

I'm thinking "work?"  -- this is not "work" is it?  Yea, like eating and enjoying the delicious LDL foods can be considered work!  :laughing:

People congratulate me on how well I'm doing losing weight and inside I'm thinking, "If they only realized how easy this has been for me."  I am no great disciplined, strong will-powered person!  I just found food that I love that makes me slim.  Wow!  Do we realize how blessed we are to have found LDL?  I enjoy what I eat and lose weight too.  Can it get any better than this?

Happy Thanksgiving!  We have lots to be thankful for.  :thumbsup:  :)
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Hey Crickadoodle,
You are almost at your goal!!!! Yeah!!!

Yes I agree with you on this not being anything about will power. It is not work for me either. Nor is it about sacraficing and not eating what I want because I do eat what I want. I love LDL food! I also love the cooking aspect of LDL. It is fun to cook this way. Then there is the knowing that this is the healthiest way to eat is great too.
I am trying to stay off the scales so don't know if I have lost more weight but is so great to know I am in the 160's somewhere! I keep having to pinch myself! ;D
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Well guys, I have run into my first big bump in the road. I am in Plant City,Florida at my Daughter's. We all had dinner over at my son's house. No control over my food! Not enough healthy food to be had. I can see the  biggest hurddles to this WOE is hunger with all the wrong foods around............Even the foods that would be healthy are made unhealthy by addition of sugar. Like whoever heard of adding sugar to green beans, or making a sweet potatoe dish that is so sweet it should be called desert? Guess the turkey was the healthiest thing there but really missed my veggies. I think I did well considering, but ate way more junk than wanted due to being hungry....only and apple and banana at 8am breakfast and were eating dinner at 1pm.

I am hoping to go grocery shopping tomorrow and get some healthy food in the house! On top of this my daughter is very ill and it is just heartrendering for me to see her so incapacitated! .............

I guess worst case senerio is I just survive till I get back home then get back to The Plan..
Glad to be able to journal here.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I also didn't have too many choices, but figured one meal isn't going to derail my success with LDL.  I really rather LDL.  I ate turkey -- fried.  I ate green beans and some sweet potatoes with added sugar, but not so sweet as I used to make it myself.

You are visiting away from home, so that is different than my circumstances.  We are still at home, just went over for the meal.  So sorry about your daughter being so ill. 

Well, I weighed myself before the Thanksgiving meal and found I lost a pound, so I recorded it and won't check again until I know the Thanksgiving meal is long gone.  ;)  I really didn't eat very much for Thanksgiving, just not perfect choices, as there were no perfect choices.  I'm thankful to have spent the day with family, though. 
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

I just love the humor on here. such a great lifter... :D  .  I must say that I am looking forward to the first month of checking the scales. although I won't make that a "test" thing.  I know that I'm doing better just because I eat better.  and the funny thing is that on my 3rd day, someone ask if I was loosing weight...  can you believe that?... so my face must really look better..lol    I have also decided that I will not stop this with or without weight loss, cause I FEEL BETTER.  I am truly worried about calcium thought.  Have a good day everyone.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Hopefull, Crickadoodle, Lpomlove, LDL is a great way of eating.  Since I was chief cook and bottle washer, I fixed tons of LDL friendly foods along with the traditional ones.  Surprisingly, the non LDL family and friends enjoyed the LDL foods as well.  I had fixed all kinds of 'Kabobs with all kinds of veggies--red, yellow, green peppers, mushrooms, brussel sprouts, Z squash, butternut S, carrots, broccoli, and some fresh pineapple ones.  I have a roast cycle on oven so they turned out so beautiful and so good.  I will never quit eating this way because I feel so much better.  As you all said, Thanksgiving is a time when we are with family and give our praises to our heavenly Father for His abundance.  We do that very thing, and most at our tables, put salvation and family at the top.  Today I had a true blessing.  My dear brother had an accident with a chain saw.  When my niece called, we thought  it was really bad.  He will be 84 in a couple months.  My sis and I went out to hospital, when we got there, he had gone home-28 stitches.  He is really beat up on the face. Sooo thankful.  Joyful Friend 
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

yes, he is very blessed, only 28 stictes. your mind just thinks alot more. 
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I am home!!
I am so thankful for this WOE and the msg board support!
I went shopping and bought stuff for Little Marys Tomato soup, a bean salad and lots of fruit. My son-in-Law as cooking so I devised a plan of eating that would work for the duration of my visit. I ate fruit in the am Tomato soup and/or bean salad for lunch and had bean salad for supper with a small portion of the pasta meal Jason fixed for supper. This really worked well for me. Oh and I had bought some of Orville's 94% fat free popcorn which I ate in the evening after supper if I was hunger.
Now granted, I know this is not spot on LDL but considering the next to zero control I had over what was cooked, I felt it was the best I could do. The cool thing about it was having the LDL WOE as a guideline as to how to eat as healthy as possible in a less than ideal situation.
So when I got home I just had to check the scale out. I thought if I gained 5 lbs, so be it! I was so looking forward to getting back to full LDL as I really,really missed all my vegetables. Boy was I surprise when I saw 166 on the scale. So not only did I not gain. I lost a lb! I think the LDL way of eating is the most forgiving. I am glad to be home.
My daughter is doing some better. She still has quite a ways to go.
I am so thankful for my son and Daughter in law who are really helping out!

Was, all in all,so good to spend some time with kids and grandkids! will be scooting around the message board trying to catch up with everyone to see how you all are.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

am at work and a foot of snow is blowing around out there! Glad I am inside. Will be working an extra shift tonight as roads are bad enought tonights person will not risk the drive in.
Well still am enjoying this way of eating and has been good to get back to LDL foods exclusively! Have sure grown to enjoy all the good eating. I am still amazed at how easy the weight is coming off.
I am also excited that my daughter in law in Japan is interested in this WOE. she says she can't get this website without paying????? Not sure what is up with that, but did my best to give her a summary. Probably need to get her the book.
I'm eating well and keeping happy. ;D