I'm on my way

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
hopefull

Re: I'm on my way

Post by hopefull »

Thanks so much for all the encouragement! Vickilynn, I do think I will increase my beans. I had been thinking of eating more as I have gotten so that I don't eat till stuffed. Will give that a try for awhile and see what happens. Can you believe we can have this eat more conversation in referance to loosing weight!!!! Ain't it great! I sure love this way of eating. guess I've said that over and over but hey, its true!
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Bobbi - just stopped in to wish you a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  I've enjoyed reading your posts - you are doing so good, girl.  You're right...it seems a little unreal to be thinking of EATING MORE to lose weight...in what universe is that possible??  Isn't LDL a miracle (as Ms Heirloom says)?  Ain't God good?? 

Happy LDL Eating and a prosperous 2010! 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks so much O2bthin for your well wishes.
I just got back from Colorado and helping my sister deal with my folks' stuff after they had to be put into a secure assisted living. Glad we had done a lot of for thinking and had a general idea of what we would do. Sure was no fun. Very sad to see my Dad doing so poorly. Sat was their 63rd wedding anniversary and my Dad did not know my Mom. Poor thing she had tears in her eyes and I could not keep from crying. That is life but still not easy to deal with.
That being said, did get a lot of complement on how good I was looking! Coming back on the train I packed up 2 boxes of momentos etc to bring home. One of the boxes was 25#s, just a little less than I have lost! Oh my goodness was it heavy. And to think I was carrying that much and more around on my body! No wonder my knees hurt and I had such a hard time getting up and down stairs.
I am so thankful for this way of eating. Also the scales say I did not gain any weight! Wow am I thrilled again. With Atkins anytime I varied even a teeny little bit I gained. Woohoo!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hopeful -  So sorry you are dealing with your parents health issues. It is very sad to see them decline - Unfortunately we all usually go through it but that doesn't make it any easier  *hug*

Lugging around that 25 lb box sure was an eye opener. YOU made me realize how much my body is relieved as well. Today I carried a 20 lb watermelon to the car. It was huge and heavy to pick up. Now I am thinking that just a short while ago, I was carrying around almost 3 of them. OY! No wonder I have more energy now!  :thumbsup:

You are doing terrific and I know we will hear more about your success bc now you have the key!

Julie :rose:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Yes, I do think LDL is the key to healthy successful weight loss. I am still waiting to hear from my cousin and husband and my daughter in law to see if they have actually started eating this way and if so how they are doing.
I am still loosing weight. Slow but every time I get discouraged I look back at last month's weight and lo and behold the weight I am discouraged at is less than last months! Sure can't be discouraged with that. Also have to be so grateful to be 28# lighter than I was when I started!!!!!
Still loving this way of eating and hoping to continue to pass my success around to all who will listen.
Had a few days where I ate some candy.........I just don't beat myself up and am so glad to eat my fruit and veggies. Another best thing about this woe is that an occassional bad for me food does not put 5#'s right back on!
Thanks for all the support!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Correction! Thats 31# gone! I am hovering around 161-162#s started at 193 July 20th, 2009!
So glad to have found this woe. It works!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Hopeful,

You beat me  :thumbsup:  I started on July 5th of last year and have lost 25 lbs but I too continue to enjoy all the benefits of LDL -- good food, great eating habits, and the fantastic support and conversations of our LDL family.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hopeful and Vicki,

YOU are both doing fantastic! Congratulations!  I often have to look back and see where I came from when I think I am not moving fast enough. Being a native New Yawka, I like speed, having a day comprised of New Yawk minutes :laughing:  )

But as I approach my wise pre crone years, I am beginning to understand that slow and steady wins the race. Every body goes at it's own natural pace. Enjoy the process!  It is a "for life" plan.  I KNOW I cannot go back to eating like "normal" people. That just does not keep me healthy and the weight comes back in a flash! :stop:

Julie  :rose:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Whew, this year already is going way too fast. I work then have traveled to Omaha for some meetings. then back to work. So have hardly been home at all this year!
I have not lost any more weight but am just considering the 30#s to be my weight loss for 6 months! Which is OK by me. the miracle is, with all that eating away from home I have not gained mostly because I still eat as close to LDL as I can. It is fantastic to have a woe that gives you a plan that works.
Have booked my flight to Japan for April! I had my daughter in law sent an LDL book. she asked me to send it. Have not heard yet whether she has recieved it yet or not. Hope she just jumps right in. Know it will be good for her and the whole family as it is such a healthy way of eating.
Hopefully I can be home for awhile and not have any indiscretions so that I might loose some more weight. As many others have found while no more weight has gone my legs are shrinking!!!!! pretty cool!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Yup just got to stay off of that scale! :thumbdown:

I am stalled. bounced back up to 165 and am staying there! Not big time discouraged because I really didn't do anything spectacular to loose what weight I have lost..... Which makes it feel really weird with this stall. I keep thinking I need to stick to plan better.....uhhhh eat less.....No.... that is old diet stinking thinking...... Oh yeah maybe I need to eat more? Or really maybe I just need to listen to all who are on these boards that say keep eating LDL and when my body is ready I will loose more weight.
But really, doesn't it seem odd that you don't have to "try harder", "deprive yourself more", "eat less", "chide myself"! Wow what a relief. I just need to sit back, eat good healthy foods and let the health and weight loss happen it its own good time! Glad you are all on this train with me and am so thankful for all the support.
Hugs
Bobbi
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

hopefull wrote:I just need to sit back, eat good healthy foods and let the health and weight loss happen it its own good time!

Bobbi,

You are so right about letting the weight loss happen in it own good time.  My husband was stalled for two months but continued to eat until full/stuffed and all of a sudden his body jumpstarted again and he has continued to lose weight consistently since then.  LDL works in mysterious ways  ;D .
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks for your encouragement! Even when we know what to do it helps to know and hear about those who have gone before. thanks for sharing.
hugs,
Bobbi
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

VickiLynn, thanks so much for your comment. I was headed to post another "oh boy, I am still stalled" and I reread your message. I needed that, for a second time!  :rolleyes:

I just need to be patient and keep on eating all this good food and being oh so satisfied! 
lbeeson
New, but learning

Post by lbeeson »

Being "stalled" is better than gaining.  Which is what I did for years.  The weight will come off, but more importantly you are becoming healthy.  When my weight stalled during my year long journey, I tried to look for other things that eating the right foods did for my body.  My skin looked healthier, my hair was shiny, I could go shopping and not get as tired as before,etc.  Little victories helped me along the way. -72 lbs later, I can honestly say my life is better because of the new way of eating. 

You will get there!!!  I also began writing down what I ate.  It helped me identify some areas I could improve upon.  Good luck with your journey!!
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Thank you for your excellent, excellent advice, LB! I have read your other posts about your continued (and maintained) success, and you are so encouraging.

Sure, we would love to drop the weight instantly and quickly! But that isn't a very realistic expectation, and this isn't a magic pill, though it is miraculous! Stuff happens. Our bodies tend to resist change. A couple of times, I've had to tell myself, It doesn't matter if I am stuck at this transition weight for months -- I feel so much healthier, have so much more energy, can move so much more easily, and don't have to feel guilty for not weighing and portioning foods and counting calories -- why would I ever consider leaving Let's Do Lunch! I am sticking with it, no matter what.

Great advice on keeping track of everything you eat!

Thank you for your insights and sharing your good sense.
Terri
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks e everyone, for your encouraging words. Oh so true that this way of eating has led to many health benefits! I was warming up my lunch for my noon (which is 11pm for me as I work nights) meal and had to stop and contemplate my heaping plate with a smile. what other way of eating gets you healthy and leads to weight loss and you can eat a heaping plate of good food? I had sauerkraut, meat balls made with lean meat mixture and beans then peas, corn and onions. mmmmmm good!

Yes, if I didn't loos another #, I would be happy.
Yeah!!!
jkate

Post by jkate »

Hopeful ~ I know exactly what you are talking about yesterday I ate sooooo much and I thought I would surely weight 5 lbs more but when I got on the scales this a.m. they were still the same weight as yesterday.  :cool:
]
[/url]]
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Ach, I finally saw 159# on my scales! That being said I am still bouncing around between 159 and 163. But hey, I already weigh about 10#'s less than I thought I would ever get back to. So I need to keep reminding myself this WOE is for life and a real wonderful Live-it.
My daughter in law finally got her book. I spoke with her today but she did not say anything about it. I am excited to see if she takes the plung and give it a go!!
Anyway, good to still be hanging out here. You are right stalling is not gaining and that is a huge plus from where I have been in the past.!!!! Woohooo!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

I'm still hanging in here. I feel sooooo good! It is great to not worry about my weight. I went clothes shopping at the local thrifty and tried on sizes 10-12!!!! How amazing is that! I will be 60 this year and I am now at a pre-pregnant weight before 5 kids. Can't remember when I weighed this light. Best part is, I feel so healthy.
And I love the foods I am eating! Can it get any better? I can't think how!
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

WOO HOO! Hopefull!!  :rose:  :rose:  :kissed:

Enjoy the new-found skinny you!

Terri