Inspiring Story

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
electricj1316
Master Member

Inspiring Story

Post by electricj1316 »

I received this message from a friend of mine that started doing LDL after seeing my success with it. I was so overwhelmed with happiness that it made me ball like a baby. I wanted to share it will all of you as well and after getting their permission here it is:

"Tina... this is MOST emphatically the happiest news I could possibly share with you about LDL... and it isn't about me! I'm coping and pasting this next part in from an email I got from Daniel, the 14 yr old son of my friend Julie, he is considered morbidly obese, and he stayed with us during our second week of LDL and learned how to do it. He took a copy of the book home and has been doing the diet with his mom for 2 and 1/2 weeks now, this is what he wrote me today....

I find you such inspiration, because I know it must be so much more difficult with your diabetes to lose weight and even eat like this in general. Watching you do this and seeing God work through this in our lives is amazing me. Yesterday morning I stepped on the scale only to find myself a little upset... I weighed 311.2 I had only lost like 8 pounds in two weeks. but then I thought. WOW! 8 pounds! And with no hardships I couldn't witstand without God help. It was hard sure! I had to resist many temptations and exersize whether I felt like it or not... but i still did it! I SUCCEDED! And i still had a long way ahead of me but i could do it! So can my mom and so can my aunt and uncle!... Later as i walked out the door, a thought came to me, I felt so much better, helthier, and happier since I started this... And... didn't I weigh 328.6 when I started... wait... I realized there that I had not lost 8 pounds. I had infact lost almost 18 pounds! 18 tiff!!!! The joy of the Lord coursed through me as I a single tear went down my cheek. Tiff... I am beyond grateful to you and God and my Mom for doing this for me. My life will never be the same and it will continue to change for the better. Yesterday someone came up to me and told me I look thinner. Thinner!!! WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS!!!!!

Tina... from the bottom of my heart, on Daniel's behalf... THANK YOU!!!!!!
love Tiff"

I love it!! God is so amazing to bring LDL into all of our lives!!

Tina
Last edited by Anonymous on March 19th, 2011, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tina

Jason
Mattie
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: Inspiring Story

Post by VickiLynn »

Tina,

Daniel posted the message himself that you quoted below.  He is so fortunate to have a friend willing to lead him in his weight loss the LDL way.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, we all wish Daniel the very best.  I know he will get healthier and thinner and have more energy to live his life fully.  He won't be held back from living by his weight.  He sounds like a very precious young man.  Thank You, Jesus, for blessing Daniel and all of us with LDL.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

There are no words ---- *love*  :angel:  *hug*  :'(

J :rose:
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

oh gosh...i'm the biggest baby ever.  i'm so crying right now.  that is so cool.
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Please send my good wishes for success to Daniel    Keep up the good work
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wow!!!  Daniel is so fortunate to have been led LDL by such caring people.  He has all the tools (and support) to reach his goals and to live a normal and healthy life.  We are all pulling for him and look forward to hearing and sharing in his continued success.  He will be a role model for other youth.  In fact, LDL may have a "youth revolution" as a result of Daniel's success.  Way to go ;)!  Pam
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

Please don't remove testimonials because they are "old". This one really hit my heart.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Daniel posted for a little while.  I hope he is still doing LdL.  I would love to know how he's doing.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Crick- I've thought of Danny often.  I hope he stayed with it.  Pam
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Does anyone know if he has a Facebook page? I've kept up with a lot of former LDL'ers that left at that website.

CQ