My journey

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
hopefull

Re: My journey

Post by hopefull »

Linda, Thanks so much for your update and Congratulations!
You are and inspiration! thanks for saying you will keep in touch.
hugs,
Bobbi
jkate

Post by jkate »

Thanks for sharing - awesome inspiration!
]
[/url]]
lbeeson
New, but learning

Post by lbeeson »

I am happy to report that I am still maintaining my 72 lbs weight loss using LDL.  Also, I am even happier to report that my sister, her husband and a cousin have begun thier own LDL journey.  They have seen how easy it was for me to reach my goal and also how much healthier I have become.  I will need all the energy I have this year, my daughter is getting married and I am helping to plan a 35th high school reunion.  The other people on the planning committe keep saying how much I have not changed from high school.  I wish they could have seen me a year ago!!  Thank you so much Roger for writing the book that has helped my life.

Linda B.
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

OH WOW!  THANKS for posting.  It gives me hope.  Congratulation on maintaining because that is REALLY hard to do.  Enjoy your daughter's wedding and your high school reunion.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Awesome, Linda!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :rose:

I am so looking forward to maintenance -- I know it will be the easiest thing in the world with LDL! Getting there is easy, too.

So glad you are having the time of your life!

Terri
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

Thats so great, congradulations :thumbsup:
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

lbeeson wrote:I am helping to plan a 35th high school reunion.  The other people on the planning committee keep saying how much I have not changed from high school.  I wish they could have seen me a year ago!! 

Linda -- I attended my 50th high school reunion in September 2009.  My classmates last saw me at our 45th reunion a lot heavier than I was for the 50th.  I started LDL the first week in July 2009 and by September I had lost enough weight that I was in a size 10 (I'm now a size 6).  That being said, I got told by so many of my classmates how skinny I was that my self-esteem soared.

Our planning committee did a fantastic job and I helped with the sign-ins which was really fun because I got to see everyone at least once.  We always start on Friday night with a casual get-together at a local restaurant, followed by a tour of our old high school on Saturday morning (golf for those who wish to participate), commencing with our formal sit-down dinner at a local country club on Saturday night.  Classmates could attend either Friday, Saturday, or both days which is really nice for those who have other committments.  I know how much work goes into planning a reunion and I hope your classmates appreicate all you do to make their reunion fun and rememorable.

P.S. Your classmates don't need to know what you looked like a year ago -- they'll only remember how good you look at your 35th!!
lbeeson
New, but learning

Post by lbeeson »

We are doing something similiar.  We are going bowling on Friday night and dancing and eating on Saturday.  I can't wait to see everyone.  It sounds like you had a great time. 

I hope to never see the me I was a year agon again!!  I like the new me. 
lbeeson
New, but learning

Post by lbeeson »

I forgot to mention that I signed up for a 12 week running training program.  By the end of the 12 weeks I should be able to run a 5 K.  The program begins next week.  I will keep every posted on my progress.  Sore muscles and all!!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

WOW good for you -- you'll be able to dance the night away with all the stamina you'll have!  Will look forward to your progress.
lbeeson
New, but learning

Post by lbeeson »

Another update!!  I am still maintaining my 72 lb weight loss.  However, the great news is that they once again had to reduce my blood presssure meds.  Before I began LDL, I was on 5 different meds for High Blood pressure and meds for high Cholesterol.  About 6 months into the program they reduced that to two meds and now I am down to one.  I am going back in 30 days and the doctor told me she could probably take me off the meds entirely.  I could not be more thrilled.  This way of eating works!!!  Do not get discouraged by the scale.  You are doing something great for your body by eating food that is healthy.  Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. 

Thanks Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

This is amazing news - Congratulations and I know you will keep well with LDL!

Julie :rose:
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Way to go on reducing your medicines!  That's awsome!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
jkate

Post by jkate »

Ibeeson ~ Are you taking meds for high cholesterol and if so what? That is just wonderful that your doctor has had to lower your medication which is an all around ya- hoo! Praise the Lord and thank you for posting that! - it is very encouraging to us that are having a hard time getting started. Something someone posted here really hit the nail on the head for me about (completely) sticking to LDL. God gives us a free will and if we choose we CAN step over that line but HE always gives us a way out! I am trying my best to stay in HIS will! Have a blessed day!
]
[/url]]
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Ibeeson, Thanks so much for sharing your good medical report. That is so encouraging for so many people! Yeah!
lbeeson
New, but learning

Post by lbeeson »

I was taking meds for High Cholesterol, but that was the first thing the doctor took me off after I had lost over 50 lbs.  I was so glad to see that go.  My Triglycerides were at 448 before starting LDL and now they are 98.    Keep up the great work!
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

Linda, your story is awesome, I'm so glad you shared it with us.  Keep up the great work, it'll be so cool to finally
get off those meds!  We're pulling for ya!  :)

Horkster
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost