It's been a looong time . .but I'm still losing!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Tamra09
New, but learning

It's been a looong time . .but I'm still losing!!

Post by Tamra09 »

Hi Everyone,

It has been such a long time since I last posted.  Crazy busy lately.  My husband, Brandon, is now in Oklahoma.  He is training there and then in WA until the first of the year.  Then, he will be deploying to Iraq.  :0(  We are still doing our best to follow the LDL way of life!!!  For a long time, the scale wasn't moving for me.  BUT, then, I dropped another four pounds  . . seemed like overnight.  In total, I've lost 19 pounds.  We started in May, I believe.  My BMI is within normal range and I feel SO much better, as does Brandon.  We are thrilled with the results.  Lately, we haven't been following the plan perfectly but we continue to lose.  I continue to drink smoothies in the mornings and eat my biggest meal at lunch, most days.  Still eating lots of popcorn.  Very rarely eat sugar or carbs.  LDL is so awesome!  Love it, love it , love it.  I'm trying to get my sister on board!

I would still like to lose another 5-10 pounds .  At 139, though, I'm pretty happy.  :0)

Hope all is well with everyone.
Take care,
Tamra
Clown Lady
Master Member

Re: It's been a looong time . .but I'm still losing!!

Post by Clown Lady »

Good for you.  You are doing great.  Just keep eating LDL it is the WOE for the rest of your life to be healthy.
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Tamra,

Congratulations!  That's terrific!  You have so much stress and being on LDL will surely help you to cope better with that. I know LDL food has a calming effect on me.

I will keep you and yours in my prayers. Thanks for coming by and giving us an update!

Julie :rose:
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

So great that you are sticking in there. Of course this is the easiest WOE I know of to stick with!
Great going!  :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing,
Bobbi
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Tamara, nice to read your story.  Will keep you and Brandon in our prayers.  We support our troops because we love the freedom they provide for the USA.  LDL is also great freedom for me.  I really have enjoyed being on the boards and meeting new people.  Joyful Friend
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

*love* :rose: congrats on the weight loss, 139 is definitely a good place to be, wish I were there, but every time I think that, I remember that I feel better and am doing more.  Will be praying for you and your dh as he is deployed. 
Tamra09
New, but learning

Post by Tamra09 »

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and prayers.  They are much appreciated.    :D

Wishing all of you much success with LDL!! 
Blessings,
Tamra
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Tamra -- WELCOME BACK! So glad to hear you and Brandon are doing well.  All the best to you both in the time to come.  Please try to keep in touch and let us know how everything is going with you.  We are very proud of you AND that man of yours!

Love and prayers to you both.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Tamra09
New, but learning

Post by Tamra09 »

Brandon was able to come home for a few days, over the Thanksgiving holiday!!!!  WOO-HOO!!  All of us were sooo happy to see him.  The last time we saw him was the first week of September.  Right now, he is in Washington State going through more training.  However, he does get to come home again on Dec. 13th.  This time, he will be home until Jan. 3rd!!!!!!!!!!  SO thankful for this time we are getting during the holidays.  It won't be like this next year . . . he will be in Iraq.  :0(  Anyway, we are enjoying every minute of right now.

With that said, I've not followed LDL perfectly lately.  However, I weigh between 131-132 right now (depending on the day).  So, I've still lost around 7-8 pounds since I last posted.  It really is amazing how well LDL works.  Even when you blow it here and there, as long as you go right back, you will be fine.  At least I am anyway.  I've been eating this way since May and my starting weight was 158. I was wearing size 10, sometimes 12, pants.  Now, I am wearing a size 6.  I don't remember the last time, if ever, I wore a size 6.  I am sure it was probably junior high . .maybe high school. 

People have commented on how much weight I've lost and some of them have shown concern.  I reassure them that everything is just fine.  Wonderful, in fact.  Then, I tell them all about LDL.  My sister borrowed my book and two others I know have ordered the book.  It is very rewarding to be a part of something so wonderful.  It really changes people's lives.  Thank you Lord and thank you Roger.

Blessings to you all this CHRISTmas season!
Tamra
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Tamra, So glad things are well with you and your hubby.  Thanks for being part of the US military and for keeping Christ in Christmas.  You  have done well--size six. Wow!!!  I bet you got extra tight hugs.  Merry Christmas to you.  Joyful Friend
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Tamra, thanks for your post with your wonderful weightloss.  As one who hasn't lost a lot, these new encouraging posts keep me going.

I would also like to thank you and your husband for the sacrifices that you and your husband are making in keeping our country safe.  My God Bless both of you and every other service member who is doing the same!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]