With God on my right and all of you on my left....

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Clown Lady
Master Member

Re: With God on my right and all of you on my left....

Post by Clown Lady »

WOW  Look out for Danny.  He is going to be our next MR. UNIVERSE.  The girls will really be turning there heads.  Keep up the good work.  Hope you get to feeling better.  The water is a good think sick or not.
It takes water to flush water out of the system.
CL
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Every place I go, I keep seeing Donna's new ticker.  Donna, you are so close to just 50 lbs. to go to your goal!!  I'm so glad I came to the website and got to "know" all of you.  It is so exciting to see the changes in people like Donna! 

Keep up the good work, Danny!  You are our favorite LDL teen!
Danny
New, but learning

Post by Danny »

I can't believe I'm crying... I'm such a girl... You guys are so amazing... All so supportive and kind it takes some time for me to wrap my head around how you can all be so certain in who you are in your walk with the Lord and as his children. I believe God put you all here on this forum, and on this diet for so many reasons. All affecting each one of us differently as individuals. I sound like a preacher... But I mean it! So heres how things went down...  :laughing: :'( :laughing:      on Friday after school i got very sick and felt pretty cruddy, I couldn't stop dry coughing and wheezing and I felt a fever. Last night I went to the doctor, they took blood and chest x-rays and junk. I've got like 7 different things wrong with me in my blood, lungs, bronchitis, and my asthma's adding on to all of it. I'm going on like 5 different meds and the nebulizer, including steroids, which would probubly be a problem on any other diet other than LDL  :D  But while I layed in my bed all day gasping for air ( My dad was on the other side of the country and I couldn't get ahold of my mom for the life of me) I had a lot of time to think. I wanna say, all of you guys are what could be best describes as saints. And i don't need to go into detail. Just go to any thread on the forum and read the way you speak and what all of you say to one another. It truly astounds me. On a different note. I've been chugging gallons of water all week because i find it the best cure for my cold (or what i thought was a cold). And becuase of so I was sure I had put on alot of water weight. But I didn't care, Sunday morning was weigh in, sick or not. Oh yeah!!! Guess who's pants fell off in the middle of gym class on thursday!?! MINE! Hahaha! It was a 46 (used to be tight on me) and it FELL OFF!!!  *woot* :D :laughing: ;D     Well the Sophomore girls walking by found it rather funny too!   :shock: Anyyway. I Dan Ross. Now Proudly Declare. That I have, through the toil and troubles, but lovingly guided through my fellow LDL'ers, reached below the 300 mark! I am 297!!! Thats 31 down!! WOO-HOO! Lucky you sophomore girls 'cuz you got a glimps at the legs of Mr. Skinny!

Love you guys!!!

-Dan   ;D
Last edited by Danny on September 28th, 2009, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Danny, that was sooo funny.  Ha Ha Ha.  The way to go. I hope you feel a whole lot better really soon.  Love you, Joyful Friend
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Woohoo!  Congratulations Danny........err, umm......I mean Mr. Skinny!  Did you ever dream you would be able to lose 31 lbs eating like this?
You've gone from pants too tight to pants falling off, ROFL!!  I love your attitude about it.  You Rock!!
Besides your confident attitude, I am blown away by your love of God.  Saints on this message board?  It takes one to know one!
Like you said, it's all thanks to God for bringing us all here on this forum and on this diet.......and for the friendships and the sense of family. 
Danny you are remarkable.  I pray you get well soon.
Hugs,
mrsj
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Oh Dan...I am BEYOND happy for you! Below 300 and look at you go! You are doing an incredible job with how you have taken hold of this WOE. I am so completely proud of you!  *hug*

I hope you get well very soon..that must have been quite a scare laying there gasping for air. As a mom you brought tears to my eyes! I hope the meds kick in soon and you up and running around surprising those sophomore girls again very soon!  :tongue:

We all love hearing about your journey..thank you for spending time with all of here. YOU my dear are a complete inspiration, in more ways than one.

Hope you can get some good rest tonight Dan...congratulations on your pants falling off!  :thumbsup:

~Jaz  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Wow Dan. Sorry to hear about your illness. But wow what great news to hear about your weight loss!!!!You are awesome! Such an encouragement to us all! Thank you for having the courage to share with us!
Hugs and wishing you a speedy recovery,
Bobbi
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

DANNY -- WELCOME TO TWOTERVILLE! ! !  (the 200'S)  I'm going to meet you there any day now!

Sorry you're feeling gross, but you unknowingly did the right thing!  Drinking a lot of water does not put on water weight -- it flushes toxins out of your body and forces it to get RID of excess water.  You just keep on chugging the water & eating the Let's Do Lunch (LDL) way and ...

next stop ... ONEDERLAND  (the 100's)
Last edited by Gwennaford on September 28th, 2009, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Wow, Danny!  You are just blowing us away -- with the weight loss and the maturity!  We are all rejoicing with you over being in the 200s.  I'll bet it won't take you any time to get to the 100s.  Keep up the great work and the great attitude!
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Yay Danny!!!

Way to go!  I am keeping 1 pair of pants (that I didn't really like in the first place) to remind me of where I used to be, and how far I've already come. Yes, they fall off unless I wear a belt now. Ain't it grand!

You're doing awesome!

Hope you feel better soon.
Terri
Sneaky Snoopy
Master Member

Post by Sneaky Snoopy »

Things can happen when you put your mind to it.  I keep stepping onto the scale just to try to believe the number that is says.  It is like a dream, but it is real.  Real Skinny.  Keep up the good work. 
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Danny it's wonderful that your doing so well.  I have just started LDL with my older sister O2BTHIN/Sandra and I have already lost 14 pounds in less then a month.  I feel better then I have in years.  My husband has already said he could tell I have lost weight and that made my day.  I think so far this is the best thing I have ever tried.
I even have him eating some of the meals.  Can't wait to hear how much O2BTHIN has lost, let me know ASAP older sister.  :angel:

I hope this works.  This is my first post  :bomb:
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

WOW -- Good Job, Deborah!  Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!
ImageImage
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

WELCOME, Deborah.  We will enjoy hearing from you.  Isn't it nice to get nice comments from your hubby?  I've been married over 51 years, and they still sound like music to my ears.  Joyful Friend
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Thanks Gwennaford and Joyful friend I love this web site...everyone is so wonderful...Joyful I have only been married this time for 17 months, he is a nice man but very set in his ways he is 75.  And my first husband and I was married only 2 years and 8 months when we found out on Thursday night he was sick and then he died on that Sunday night 3 day later while at Church.  I guess if you have to go that's the way to go. :angel:

I think my husband is very surprised because I am sticking to this like glue....he wanted a HFS (Hot Fudge Sunday) and so he stopped on the way to church and got one, well he had 2 spoons one for him and one for me...my spoon was not used.... my first month on this way of life will be Oct 8th.  and I do love most of the recipes I have tried.

Deborah
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Deborah, I hope you have many happy years together.  My hubby likes ice cream, so he eats mine as well.  This is a great way of eating.  I just love it.  FFriend
Deb T

Post by Deb T »

Danny,
    You are such and inspiration to me and I look forward to reading your post and seeing your progress.  31 pounds down, WOW.  I have a 12 year old daughter that needs to loose a few pounds.  I just have to find a way to get her eating the beans...Keep up the good work....Debbie.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Danny, when are we going to see your handsome face on your profile?  It's not a requirement, but it's fun!  If you need help getting your pix posted, let me know, either on Gwennaford's Journal, or on my email, Ocean532@yahoo.com.  You must use LDL in the subject line, or your email could be deleted as SPAM.  I'm not an expert by any means - I'm still groping my way around the message board!  But I did find one way to do it that's not hard to do, but is hard to explain.

Keep us posted on your wonderful progress.  Looking forward to reading your food journal when you start one.  AGain, not a requirement, but helpful to get members' feedback all the same.

Gwen
ImageImage
Danny
New, but learning

Post by Danny »

Deborah, CONGRATULATIONS! Such an act can be scene as small but for us! That is a huge leap forward! Great job and keep it up. Soon you'll never be tempted by chocolaty sticky syrup and go right or the juicy scrumptious grapes  :happy:!
      Thank  bunches guys for all your support and encouragement :D! If I'm ever feeling down (which I certainly have been a bit lately due to my lack of exercise from the bronchitis...) I can just jump on these message boards and read some Godly and encouraging posts from on brother or sister to another.
Gwennaford, Thank you! I have been trying hard to get some pictures of me and my aunt (Sweetpea) on here but the darn thing keeps rejecting my photos because of their size or somethin  :thumbdown: So I tried shrinking and cropping some photos on photo-bucket  but our laptop can't handle it! (I've been begging my parents for a computer )
        What do ya mean use the LDL subject line? Just title the e-mail as LDL as the subject? I am decently famlier with computers and forums and what not but my dang laptop annoys me... A food journal? hmm I think I will! It certainly will help me get a broader view of things and feedback's always nice  :)  but I've never been much of a typing person (its not speed it more laziness  :happy:) But still Pros beats Cons so I think I'll start one tomorrow!
      I did not weigh in this week! Firstly because I've been sick, and have not exercised and feel horrible (not that its really bad but I'm finding exercise needed like to get through the day) and off of that I figured it'd be a nice time to try a double week weigh in  :)

With great expectancy,

-Danny ;D
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Danny, Glad you are feeling better! The food journal sounds like a great idea. (I'm not doing one yet) hmmmm. anyway. Thanks for continuing to share. You are and inspiration.
hugs, Bobbi