17 pounds gone, is now 39 pounds Gone!!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: 17 pounds gone, is now 40 pounds Gone!!!!

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Deborah
Congratulations on being down weight.  With all the things going on in your life it is a blessing to be down and not up.  You are such an inspiration to all of us so thank you for sticking in there
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Must be something in the FL air, LOL... I just got off of meds because of a UTI also!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

DD,

You are doing terrific!  Congratulations on shedding more weight. It really doesn't matter how much, does it?  As long as the numbers continue to go down, that's all that matters  :thumbsup: 

But I do understand the value of having a goal in mind. That can certainly keep you motivated!  I am pulling for you and will be here to cheer you on. Now that you have pressed reset, you will have clear sailing. I am sure of it. Is May 9th your birthday? SOrry if you have already said but my memory has gaps sometimes; always meeting new people and such :laughing:  Do you have anything in your closet that can also inspire you along the way? 

My birthday is April 9th and I have a size in mind that I wish to be at that time. I just bought a beautiful cream suit with straight leg pants in a size 10.  I am just fitting into some size 12s so this seems to be perfectly doable - although I did hesitate bc of the color, thinking it will show every lump and bump if it does not fit perfectly.

Are you exercising?  I know it is not necessary but it certainly does help me. 

Julie :rose:
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Julie May the 9th will be 2 years that my husband and I got married.  That is why I set that date to be under 200 lbs.....but I am not going to quit if I don't make it but that is what I am aiming for, but my loss has slowed way down, but at least it is still going down!!!!

My birthday is August the 12th, but Sandra is April the 4th....

I do have 3 skirts that my husband got for me, in a small size 16....I can get them up but they will not snap.  Still has a long way before the ends meet.....But I keep checking.

No I am not exercising yet, but plan too once I get under 200 lbs....I have a lot of back problems so I have to be careful what I do....I have a health rider that we got years ago, but I need to get it back from my step daughter so I can ride that....I love it...and its not to hard for me to do.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

DD, That is so sweet! An anniversary is a fabulous marker for a goal.

I'm sorry about your back. I have had a herniated disc since the 90s. Thank God I know how far I can go with it; at least most times. SOmetimes I feel so good, I forget and run around the mall in heels. Usually that leads to a sleepless night from sciatic pain and a few days with no exercise and flats!  :blink:

For me, when I don;t exercise, I really cannot get the scale to move much. It's probably a blessing that you haven't been exercising. This way when you do start you will know exactly what is making a difference.  :thumbsup:

Color me dopey tonight - I started making soup at 10:30 and here I am at almost 1 am waiting for it to cool! DUH!

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Julie I have done that more then once....I now put my soups into smaller containers and let it cool in them before freezing them.  That way it does not take as long to cool.  I am loving the soups more and more....and even my husband likes them, of course he still eats out a lot, he said he is leaving the diet food for me... he is so sweet  :shock:

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

ME too! Now that I have finally figured out that I have to make my own stock. For a while there, I thought I was the only person on GOd's green earth that could not eat soup!  :blink:  Turns out, my body is very picky - no sodium and no additives for me.

BTW, check out CQs soup with Chick peas and spinach. It is wonderful.  :thumbsup:

iamahoot

Post by iamahoot »

You Go Girl. I have started making small goals for myself. Instead of looking at the daunting task of losing over 100 lbs., I set a twenty pound goal. I still have the weight in mind that I want to be, but I need the WooHoo moment of reaching a goal.
You are doing awesome, and I commend you AND your family. In other words,HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY!

Linda aka iamahoot ;D
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Linda,

Small steps win the day!  Your 20 lbs goal will be there if you follow the plan -- eat, eat, eat until full/stuffed, and make sure you include enough foods to rid yourself of all your cravings (fruit, beans, peas, corn, etc.).
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Love the small goals idea. I have been stalled for over a month. Gain and loose  a little up and down. Would like to just get below that 160# mark......... That being said I am truly enjoying the new skinny me. I've lost about 30#s since July 20th 2009. I wrapped a big towel around myself last night and thought something odd. Oh yeah, the thing went all the way around me!!LOL. Now it has been a long time since that happened. Makes me feel skinny even if I am not at my end goal weight.
Thanks for sharing the small goals idea. Will do that.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I think setting goals is great.  I set goals and even set the times I wanted to reach them -- like:  25 lbs. by my birthday, 40 lbs. by Christmas.  I thought I was being a bit optimistic, but I reached both goals with a little to spare.  :shock:  Everyone probably isn't the same way, but it sure works for me.  100 lbs. is going to take a while to reach, but 20 lbs. will be here in no time.  It is a journey and all along the way you find those hidden blessings -- like the towel reaching all the way around you.  Someone called that a non scale victory.  Those are so cool to realize.  I remember the day my heel stopped hurting -- or maybe I don't remember the actual day, but the day I realized it no longer hurt.  :laughing:  I love LDL.  Thank You, Jesus, for revealing this way of eating to RT because You knew he'd share it with the rest of us.  :angel:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Crick and Deb, I also like goal setting.  I am so grateful for this WOE.  Praises to Our Lord and Savior for our bountiful foods.  Roger has helped all of us.  *hug* *hug* JF
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: 17 pounds gone, is now 42 pounds Gone!!!!

Post by Deborah D. »

Well my weight loss for Feb was 2 lbs for a total of 42 lbs gone....was better then a gain.  Maybe March I will have a better weight loss, does not look like I will reach my first goal by May 10Th.  But who cares I will reach it some day. :inlove: :inlove:

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Amen! That's for sure Deborah!
You keep following LDL and it's a given!!  :rose:

That's my motto 'cause I seem to be a slow learner and a turtle! lol ...itsa comin' though!   :happy:  :bomb:  :thumbsup:
MNGirl
New, but learning

Post by MNGirl »

The time is going to pass anyway, the scale might as well be going down. Great job. I am so encouraged by everyone!
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: 17 pounds gone, is now 39 pounds Gone!!!!

Post by Deborah D. »

OK this month I have to register a weight gain of 3 lbs....you can see why by reading my journal Deborah D.  But I am not giving up....will just have to try harder this month....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Deborah, don't give up.  We're all rooting for you.  You can do it.  We all have a temporary setback.  Pick yourself up, dust off, and get back on the track.  :rose:

*hug*
Ginny
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ditto to Ginny's post.  I know how you feel, I've been pretty much at a standstill since January, however, we know this works and that others have struggled thru plateaus.  It's just your body holding on to your weight.  It's a survival thing.  Your body thinks you're starving.  Feed it until you are full, and eventually your body will decide that this is not a famine and will let go of more of it's excess fat stores.  Hang in there.  Deb, we will reach goal.  Pam
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Deborah,
I figure my body has had this weight for sooooooo long it does not want to give it up.  Your's may be the same way.  The FAT just doesn't know how STUBBORN I can be  *woot*

I have passed on the LDL info to so many friends I've lost count after about 12 (including my hubby).  I guess they would rather be FAT than give up potatoes, bread, sweets, etc.  I try to tell them you don't miss them and to at least try for a month.  The fact that I'm losing should help.  They know I've tried so many other programs to no avail for any lenght of time.  But . . . . oh, well.  My loss  :D, not theirs!

*hug*
Ginny
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Ginny, In fact you are loosing and they are not!!Woohoo for you. Stalling is a good topic for me too right now. I identify with the "same weight since January". But hey, I agree, the ole body and in truth the mind needs to get use to being smaller. I keep looking at myself in the mirror (I am down 33#s) I sometimes still have the mental picture of myself being bigger. So mentally too I need the time to adjust.
It is so great to have a woe that I know will take me to the weight I am suppose to be!!! And do it in a very healthy way. What could be better than that?
So thankful for the caring and honest sharing of this group!
Bobbi