17 pounds gone, is now 39 pounds Gone!!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Deborah D.
Master Member

17 pounds gone, is now 39 pounds Gone!!!!

Post by Deborah D. »

I went to Hockley TX to help my older sister who was fighting Breast Cancer, she was thinking about doing LDL. And she told me about it, so while there, we started on it, and (Sister O2BTHIN) put Mom and Dad on it also.  we both love it.  I won't tell what she has lost, she can do that herself, but we are proud of each other, we talk a lot on the phone and I think that helps, it keeps us encouraged.

I have been on the LDL way of living for one month today, and I have lost 17 pounds.  :thumbsup: I feel better then I have in years, and I don't miss my pasta (I can not believe it).
My husband is eating some of the things I cook he loves the Taco Soup for one.  Now if I can just get him off the sweets and things.  But I am taking this one step at a time.  When he see me losing weight and loving the food, I think he will start eating more of what I cook and less sweets.

But I have made up my mind..  This is my new way of eating.  My husband said when I lose 100 pounds he would buy me a whole new wardrobe, he better save lots of money because I am going to do that and a whole lot more.  *love*
Last edited by Anonymous on April 8th, 2010, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

LovinLDL

Re: 17 pounds GONE!!!

Post by LovinLDL »

How exciting Deborah! Keep encouraging your family.

Blessings,
Julie
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Good for you, Deborah- I have no doubt that your husband will have to "Pay Up" for your new wardrobe.  What a great start.  Please keep us posted :).  Pam
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Deborah, Congrats!  That is a huge loss.  It really helps having your support group doing it too.  Keep up the good work!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Danny
New, but learning

Post by Danny »

Deborah that is so amazing! When I read this type of stuff it makes me just want to praise the Lord! Soon everyone around you will se what joy this is for you and how simple and easy it is and will be more than curiose!

God Bless!
-Danny  ;D
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

All I have to say is WOW!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Deborah, you are doing so well, not only personally, but also with  helping others.  May God continue to bless, Joyful Friend
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Deb,

That's fantastic. I always think that when you lose that big, your body is very happy to have the particular type of nourishment that LDL brings. My body reacted the same way.

You are so blessed to be sharing this with your sister. I am sorry she has such a serious health issue but I think that LDL will bring her body to the healthiest place it can be while it beats the cancer out of her body.
I hope you will have great news to share with us in the near future.

In the meantime - thanks for the inspiration!

Julie :rose:
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Deborah wrote:I have been on the LDL way of living for one month today, and I have lost 17 pounds.  :thumbsup: I feel better then I have in years, and I don't miss my pasta (I can not believe it).

But I have made up my mind..  This is my new way of eating.  My husband said when I lose 100 pounds he would buy me a whole new wardrobe, he better save lots of money because I am going to do that and a whole lot more. 
Woohoo!!  Congratulations Deborah on your successful 1st month!  Isn't it amazing about not missing the pasta?  I was passing by the bakery section in the grocery store today and was still *wowed* that none of those goodies were calling me.  That's freedom!!

You and O2BTHIN are doing a great job being there for each other and helping your family.  Very heartwarming!
Oh yes,.......there's a new wardrobe in your future! :thumbsup:
God bless,
mrsj   
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Congratulations and keep enjoying the trip along the way to your goal!  This way of eating is so healthy and so painless and it works!  I really thought I couldn't lose weight anymore.  Nothing was working and I had no will power.  With no cravings, I need no will power!  Thank You, Lord for LDL!
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hey girl!  Poor ole Warren had better start saving now, 'cause we ain't talkin 'bout no Wal-Mart shopping trip.  Dillards here we come!  Of course, I'm going with you to help carry all your shopping bags!!  It will be so much fun...can't wait!  Love ya, sis. 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Deborah and o2bthin:  Both of you have done a great job.  It's really nice to have the support of family too!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Congratulations to both of you!  *hug*  *hug*  Good going on getting the family involved also........My husband has ALWAYS told me that if and now I can say WHEN I get my weight off I can go anywhere I want to and buy whatever I  want, and I agree it won't be at Wal-Mart...... I can see the station of Skinnytown down the road in my future........Again congrats and keep on keeping on

Cookie
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

My sister Penny and I are in this together.  It is so fun.  We both love this way of eating and being able to share progress, recipes, and support.  Keep on keeping on!  Pam
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Thanks to all of you for the great response....I can say one thing also and that is NO it will not be WALMART, or KMART wardrobe!!!  Sandra when I go shopping and you go with me, it will be for more then carring my shopping bags, cause by that time you will need a new wardrobe also....well I better tell good ole Warren he better save a whole lot more...cause I will be sharing my wardrobe money with my new little big sister O2Bthin  *love*  And by the time I get to my goal weight, I will need another wardrobe.  Cause that will be a total of 145 lbs.  I think that would deserve TWO [b][u][/u][/b]wardrobs.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hey Pam!  Deborah and I have another sister.  Her name is Pam, too!  You sort of remind me of her.  She is half-heartedly doing LDL, but Deb and I are determined to stick with it and prove to her what can be acheived with this woe.  We want her to be healthy too.
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I hope Pam joins us all :happy:!  Pam(ela Sue)!!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I don't know how I missed this thread!  Congratulations!!!  :D  What a great loss in one month!    :thumbsup:  You guys are going to have fun shopping way before you hit goal too.  :)  Welcome to LDL

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Deborah D. »

LittlePrincess Thanks for your input, I think it was a great loss for the first month also...I just hope I can keep up the great weight loss...And we can't have too much fun shopping cause O2bthin lives in Hockley TX, which is close to Tomball and Houston, while I live in Burleson TX which is part of the Fort Worth area.  But when we get to our 100 pound loss, we will get together and shop, and we do have a great time together...If our other sister Pam is good we might let her come shopping with us.  What do you think Sandra?? 
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Wow, Deborah! Awesome start! And your attitude is gonna make you successful to go the distance, too! So glad you have family to join you on the journey.

When I read about LDL in First magazine last May, I told my hubby I thought I would try it. Mind you, I've started about a thousand different diets over the years, and I've only been successful -- temporarily -- on a very few, but one of those few included a LOT of fruit, and I loved it, though it wasn't enough calories to keep going with. Anyway, the LDL plan resonated as something I would ENJOY, and as something that would be DO-ABLE for a lifetime. My hubby read the article, and he said "No way will this work. There's way too much food! I'll bet you a thousand dollars it won't work!" I took him up on that, of course! And now the bet is on, and by this time, he knows he's gonna lose. But he also wins a thinner, happier, healthier wife, so he doesn't really lose. And besides that, he's my number one supporter.

Sounds like we're both gonna enjoy that much needed shopping spree. I'm planning on Macy's. How about you?

Enjoy the journey. I'm so glad for your success so far!
Terri