17 pounds gone, is now 39 pounds Gone!!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: 17 pounds GONE!!!

Post by Deborah D. »

Terri Macy's sounds doable!!!!  It is still a long way off, but I know its coming!!!!  I think my husband knows this is one way of eating that I am sticking too...
I am loving most of the recipes I cook...Like this afternoon I made the RM made right, it was ok, but I believe it needed something else so I added a can of pinto beans, corn, and chick peas and then about 2 tsp garlic, and about 2 1/2 cups of water (should have used Apple juice).  And let it simmer for an hour....It was soooooo gooooood.  I needed more stuff to my meal then just the meat.  My husband likes stuff with lots of vegetables.  he loved this also.

Deborah D
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Congradulations Deborah! What a great first month's loss to get you going with a great boost. Know you will enjoy the shopping trips too.  :D

Bobbi
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Awesome 1st Month!  :D  Isn't this a great WOE for life?  Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:

*hug*
Ginny
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: 17 pounds GONE, is now 27 pounds

Post by Deborah D. »

Today was my weigh date.  And I have lost another 10 lbs this month for a total of 27 lbs gone.......In 2 months.

Deborah D.
Last edited by Deborah D. on November 8th, 2009, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Ginny M.
Master Member

Re: 17 pounds gone, is now 27 pounds Gone!!!!

Post by Ginny M. »

Way To Go, Debrorah!! :rose:  :D Keep it up!

*hug*

Ginny
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Deb,

Congratulations!  That's fantastic!  :thumbsup:  I am sure you are an inspiration to your family. How are they all doing? Keep it up!

Julie :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Deborah- 27 unwanted pounds discarded forever!!!  Congrats!  Pam
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

julie409, Pam, Ginny, thanks for the wonderful post, you just keep people encouraged, and that help us stay on LDL, that and the good food of course, and Julie409  Sandra is doing great, she has not posted yet, but she lost good this month also.  But I will let her tell how much.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Deborah, Just to think in only two months, you're down 27 lbs.  That is so great.  Shopping trip will be soon.  Joyful Friend
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Congratulations!
woohoo you go girl!
Know you must be feeling really good by now!

Just keep loving this WOE more and more!
Bobbi
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

WILL LOVE IT FOR LIFE!!!!!  *love* *love* *love* *love* *love*

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

I want to tell ya ll what happened to me tonight after church.  First a few days ago I tried on this beautiful red outfit, that I have not been able to wear for over 18 months,  I tried it on to see how much more weight I needed to lose before I could wear it to church, and the answer was NONE  :thumbsup:  The outfit fit wonderful, so tonight I talked myself into wearing it to church, and after church, the pastor was getting ready to dismiss the group, but then he said I just have to say this, doesn't Aunt Deborah looks great, I am so proud of her, I know she doing good. And everyone agreed and clapped.  of course I was embarrassed, but it felt great hearing them all say so. :angel:  and I have to say in this Red outfit, you can see the weight loss,  :inlove: I will be wearing this dress a lot, because before long it will be way to big!!  I may have my picture taken wearing this dress, and post it in the gallery.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

We'd love to see it and you in it!  Wear it while you can because before you know it, it will be way too big for you.  I went through all my old clothes and am now having to buy new ones.  I don't want to get too many, though, until I find out where my weight will stop.  Congrats on the 27 lbs.!  It's so much fun to get to the different decades and you are almost at 30!  I'm getting close to 40, which is my "goal."  I think I'll probably lose a little more, though.  Maybe even 50 in all.  We'll see.  I just know that I'll be able to maintain this loss, because I love eating this way.  Never thought I'd really find my livet, but this is it!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Wow, Deborah!  How exciting for you to get such a nice surprise.........it fits!!  I love your red dress story.
Congrats on the 27 lbs gone!  All this and a great picture too. :thumbsup:
You are doing great! :D
mrsj
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Deb, honey, what a thrill...the red dress AND public recognitition of your weight loss!  Doesn't get much better than that.  Did you hug your nephew/pastor for those wonderful words??

Hurry and post that picture so I can see ya in that red outfit! 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Sandra will have to have one taken first...My friend Sis Mosley told me today she could not believe she did not take one yesterday when I was at her house.  She said she would take one the next time I came over wearing it.  Will let you know when I get it posted.  Just remember it took me over 2 months to get the last one to post.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Ya reckon the red outfit will be TOO BIG  by Christmas?  If you come home, you can wear it for us. 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Ya reckon the red outfit will be TOO BIG  by Christmas?

I sure HOPE SO, would love having to pass that dress on to someone else, of course its not a dress, its a skirt, top and jacket with some kind of tatting around the jacket bottom.  And I was told today that Red is one of my colors for sure.  Also Daniel was telling his wife tonight that I was looking hot in that red dress last night at church, and she was upset because he did not take a picture with his cell phone, so she could see.  They are so funny.  They should just wait until they see me a year from now if they think I am looking hot now!!!   Hay Sandra let me know the date, everyone wants to get together for Christmas, and then I will try and get Warren to go down there for the get together.

Deborah D.
Last edited by Deborah D. on November 14th, 2009, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Oh Deborah...

I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!  We gals with a lot to lose need to stick together and help each  other out... 

I have never , ever, ever stayed on a diet this long... this is no diet though... its a way of life...

New clothes here comes Deborah!!!!! :thumbsup: :tongue: ;D
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: 17 pounds gone, is now 36 pounds Gone!!!!

Post by Deborah D. »

Well today marked the 3rd month I have been eating the LDL way and I lost another 9 lbs for November  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
for a total of 36 lbs gone for good... :rose:

Sicilian Mama your right we gals with a lot to lose do need to stick together and help each other alone the way...I am loving this way of eating more and more each month, and seeing the pounds drop off is just a bonus that keep me encouraged, to not eat the sweets and junk that I don't need anyway. 

And my new clothes will be here when I lose the 100#.  then my husband will buy me the new wardrobe he promised...but until then I will closet shop and start wearing the clothes I could not get into, and wear the others until they fall off my body..... ;D ;D ;D

Deborah D.
Last edited by Anonymous on December 8th, 2009, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs