28 lbs. in 3 months

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: 23 lbs. in 2 months

Post by Deborah D. »

Sandra that is so wonderful!!! it is so nice when someone outside your family comments on your weight loss.  I am like you in that I can't tell by looking at myself right now, but others tell me they notice it, and that I am looking good.  Sure wish I could have been there to see your happy dance, I would have danced right alone with you.  So happy your in remission also, hope to see less of you this Christmas.  Love ya  Sis.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

O2BThin, That is great about no cancer, and also about losing.  God is so good.  Keep up the positive attitude and before you know it, you will be thin.  LDL works like no other.  :rose: :rose: :rose: to you, Forever Friend
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

o2bthin...

WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY YOU HAD!!! NO CANCER!!! YAHOOOOO! 
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

o2bthin.....I'm so very thankful for your weight loss and your good report! Keep up the good work!

Glen
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Sandra -- the weight loss is great -- but pales in comparison to NED!!  God is good!  I can't help but feel that this healthy way of eating is also giving our bodies more strength to fight disease.  I think we are doing so much more than just losing weight here.  Can you imagine the change in our country if everyone was eating more healthily?  Well, we can all do our part and share with those who ask us.  We can make our corner of the world a little healthier.  Boy, you hear those commercials about all the side effects of all those various medicines -- I want to stay away from all that stuff. 
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

No Evidence of Disease!!!!  That's the best news ever!!!!!  Sandra I'm so happy for your excellent report.  You and my dh are in the same place.  Even though you don't use the "c" word, you and my dh feel "cured" and are feeling really good....thank the good Lord.

And then to have someone confirm you are losing weight.............that's just the all fruit jam on the corn thin!!........the ff cool whip on the crustless pumpkin pie!!
Congratulations Sandra!! :rose:
mrsj
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

D.D., Joyful, S. Mama, Glen, Doodle and Mrsj - thanks to all for dropping in, and also for the kind words of encouragement!  LDL, by itself, is so wonderful, but having such supportive on-line friends makes this woe the best deal going.  I don't post much, but I love reading about what everyone else is doing, and I've got to say that all of you are doing great, too!  Aren't we all blessed to have found LDL?!

Crickadoodle is right...I started LDL hoping to lose a few pounds and keep them off, but, LDL is about so much more than weight loss.  It's about getting healthy.  I feel like these healthy foods are healing my self-abused and chemo-ravaged body.  Until I was sick, I never gave much thought about the junk and 'manufactured' foods I was eating - and couldn't figure out why I was always so tired and run down.  Well, duh!  I guess some people (ME) have to be hit over the head before they wake up and pay attention. 

Mrsj, I am happy to hear that your DH is also doing so well.  He and I are among the blessed.  We didn't have to fight this battle alone, we had family and friends who held us up in prayer, and physically propped us up when we needed it most.  Cancer is as hard on the family & caregivers as it is on the cancer patient, I think.  So much stress and fear and uncertainty.  But, God is good, and we're still here!  And, you still have a sense of humor!!  A good laugh is better than medicine, so thanks for that!

Thanks again, y'all.  Happy LDL Eating!
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Yeah! O2Bthin! What great news! As a holistic nurse I have always believed that eating less processed food was healthier. This is the best woe I have found and it does my heart good to hear so many positive health reports from people who will give this WOE a try!
Thank you so much for sharing. You are an inspiration for many I am sure!
hugs,
Bobbi
o2bthin

Re: 28 lbs. in 3 months

Post by o2bthin »

Well, today was the day sis Deborah D. and I stepped on the scale for our monthly weigh-in.  After eating like a pig Thanksgiving day and indulging in cornbread dressing leftovers for the following 2 days.....[glow=red,2,300]I've lost FIVE more pounds.[/glow]  I'm very happy with that, especially since I realized that I haven't been eating as much beans since TG day.  Am resolving to do the bean-thing on a more consistant basis.  I usually have a big bean salad in the frig, but haven't made one lately - and it's so easy I don't know why I failed to do that.  Cornbread dressing was the only non-LDL food I ate during TG - no sweets - so I don't think I did too bad.

I am back on LDL and doing well (no cravings), until our family Christmas party on the 19th, when I intend to indulge again!  *evil*

My steel-willed sister, Deb, went all the way with LDL!!  She did great!!  I'll let her tell you about her progress.  I am so proud of her and her resolve to stick with LDL!
Beginning weight - 247                 

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Well done 5 more lbs.  It must be wonderful to have your sister to work this program with.  I have been encouraging some friends and familhy to come on LDL but so far the ones who might want to go through the holidays first.  It is great to know if we slip it isn't the end and we can continue on.  I have not given myself that kind of permission since I know when I slipped on Adkins or any of the others I have tried I was off and running in the wrong direction not to return ever or not until all weight was gained back.  But I do feel this is a different set up and since I love eating this way it wouldn't be a struggle to  get hooked back in.  Again Congradulations on your lose
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Hay Sis...Keep up the good job, your weight loss is going up and the lbs to go is going down...That is the way you want the scales to go  :thumbsup: :rose: :stop:

I still have 109 lbs to lose, but I know it will come off.... :thumbsup:

Love you and see you on the 19th....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Bobbi, thanks for dropping by, and for the kind words.  You said you are a holistic nurse?  How did you become one?  Did you do the usual nurses training, then some extra training, studying nutrition?  And have you always been interested in this, or did the interest develop over time?  And how do you practice your profession - do you work with a holistic doctor??  Please excuse all the questions, but I'm very interested.  I wish there was a holistic doctor in our area.

I'm sitting here, eating a bowl of pinto beans (cooked with onions and garlic) as I type.  Yum!! Glad you can't smell my garlicky breath!!  :poo:  And, I have some rutabagas peeled and diced, ready to cook for supper.  I love our LDL foods!

Happy LDL Eating!
Beginning weight - 247                 

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Wendy, I know what you mean about other diets...you slip up on and you're off the diet.  But, I felt like I could easily get back on LDL, and I did.  I would have felt deprived and very unhappy if I could not have had some of my mama's dressing, and life is too short to spend any of it in an unhappy, miserable state.  So, I ate, I was happy and satisfied, and now I'm back to losing weight. 

You and your hubby are doing great, too.  You have to do what works for you, and what keeps you satisfied and happy.  That's what's so wonderful about LDL - you can tailor it to suit your tastes and lifestyle! 

Yes, it's great doing LDL with Deborah.  She is so supportive.  And we have a cousin Cilla, in Florida, who is also doing LDL and has lost about 30 lbs., the last I heard.  She reads the boards, sometimes, I think, but doesn't post.  Cilla introduced me to LDL and got me interested, so I owe her a big hug and Thank You!!  Deb and I have another sister that we worry about and who really needs LDL.  And, a few more family members that would benefit from this woe.  Hopefully, at the family Christmas party, we will spark some interest with our weight loss.
Beginning weight - 247                 

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Way to go!  Those who are waiting until after Christmas are only hurting themselves.  What if they got started, tried some of the recipes, and got their house in order for really doing LDL 100% after Christmas.  I bet they would become hooked on this WOE and, maybe, survive the holidays without a weight gain.  Oh well, I probably wouldn't have started last December.  People have to be ready.  Just keep being a great example, and when the time is right, some will join you.  I look forward to watching both you and Deborah shrink!  Pam
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Thanks Pam.  You are so right!! 
Beginning weight - 247                 

MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

O2bthin and Deborah D.,

You both are doing amazingly well!  I am so happy for you both!!!

I wish I could get my sisters to join me.  One has lost some weight, but doesn't stick with any "diet" too long.  The other has just resigned herself to being overweight.  The thing is, I can't make them.  Hopefully, they can see how I'm doing and decide to join in.  Mom has always bugged me about losing weight, but nothing ever seemed worth the effort.  This was the only plan which really called out to me.  I figured I'd give it a month.  It's been five months and I have no intention of quitting!

MsHeirloom is right - you have to be ready to start and keep it up.  I wasn't ready until my FIRST Magazine sat (opened to the LDL story) on my table for over two months.  I read it over and over.  I finally ordered the book and started in July.  Okay, I did have to wait until I came home from my vacation and a camping trip.  It would have been hard to start under those circumstances.

So, all of you lurkers, what have you got to lose (other than weight, excess medications, health problems, etc)!!!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Exactly half way, Marga!!!  Way to go; you're on the downhill side of the mountain now :rose:!  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

O2Bthin -- Congratulations on the increased weight loss!  You and your sister are both doing wonderfully!

Marga -- Wow, 1/2 way.  You started around the time I did, I think.  I started June 29th -- and you in early July, I think!  Just think where you'll be in 5 more months.  The best part of all is you can enjoy the whole journey of getting to your goal.  I look back and just wonder with amazement that it was so easy to get to my goal -- and surpass my goal. 
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

O2bthin, congratulations on losing 5 pounds!!  Plus, you did it over the Thanksgiving holiday!!  So wonderful!
You're doing great! :thumbsup:
God bless,
mrsj
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Thanks everybody for chiming in with encouraging words! 

Weird.  Has anyone noticed the computer won't let me change my Topic/Subject line.  I change the numbers each time I post, but it only changes the new posts, and not the older ones.  Oh, well. 
Beginning weight - 247