28 lbs. in 3 months

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: 23 lbs. in 2 months

Post by VickiLynn »

Deborah and Sandra,

How nice that you two have each other pulling together to work LDL!  I am trying to get two of my sisters to get with the program, but they are still skeptical.  I keep hoping...

O2bthin, isn't it wonderful you can binge on LDL food knowing that you'll keep losing those nasty old pounds. My husband and I have both been on this way of eating since early July and we both are amazed at our weight and inches lost. I try a new LDL recipe each week and love the fact that my husband says they are some of the best meals I have ever made! I make one big pot of soup a week and we sometimes have it as a snack if the soup has no meat/poultry in it.  I have even eaten bean soup for breakfast!

Vicki
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

VickiLynn I have not started eating beans or soups for breakfast yet, but may try that some day...  But I love my Fresh Fruits and smoothies too much right now, maybe I will try white beans in the smoothies first, and then start from there.  Who Knows!!!  and it is wonderful to have some one on this woe with you, you can ask o2bthin I call her almost every day to talk, and I send her recipes from LDL when I find some thing new, or some information I want to share with her.  We also have another sister name Pamela (Pam) who is eating a little of LDL, but she works so much, she has no time to cook, so most of the time she just stops and picks up some thing on the way home for her and her husband.  Sandra does make stuff for her once in a while to try and help her out, so maybe one of these days she will join the both of us, and we can all do LDL together.  Now that would be fun.  Cause Pam is a nut!!!  But a nice nut.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hi Vicki.  I hope your sisters get on board soon.  It makes LDL so much more fun to have someone to share it with.  I don't know what Deborah and I used to talk about before LDL!  We are so excited and happy about this woe and our weight loss that LDL is just about all we discuss these days.

Once your sisters see how well you're doing and how happy you are with LDL, they may join you.  If your sisters are like mine, they won't let you get to lookin' too much slimmer or more attractive than them without giving you a run for your money!!  Huh, Dee?  Well, a little competition is a healthy thing.  Deborah and I are hoping our sister Pam will get serious about her health/weight and join us, too.

Till then, Happy LDL Eating!
Last edited by o2bthin on November 11th, 2009, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

That's right sis, I will give you a run for your money....Hay what did we use to talk about when I called?  most likely it was about needing to lose some of this weight!!!
are about Mom and Dad.  Now its about LDL and all the different recipes we want to try.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

redkat

Post by redkat »

Debora & o2bthin,

It agree that it is really great to have someone to talk to and share this plan with you.  My daughter (Scarlett859) and I talk more now that we have in years, mostly due to LDL.  We share recipes and cook together on weekends.  I'm so proud of her successes on this WOE, and know that she is getting not only thinner, but healthier.  Now we only have to work on her sister!  That is the challenge.  My grandson could also use this, but first I have to convince the mother that this is the way the WHOLE family should eat, even those not needing to lose weight.
Kathy
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Sandra,

Do you and Deborah look like sisters?  I am the oldest of four girls and two of my sisters resemble me in a lot of ways in that we have many of our fathers features.  The other sister looks more like our mother.

I am so proud of the both of you and the weight you both have lost in such a short time.  I don't know what LDL foods you have been eating, but whatever you have, it sure is working!

Vicki
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Kathy,

Somewhere along the way I missed knowing that Scarlett859 is your daughter.  It is really nice to see so many family members working LDL together.  I am still working on two of my sisters to get on this WOE. Hopefully, they will see the light and join us.

Vicki
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Hi, Congrats on your weight loss!

I have one question...what is "OCV" water?
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Sicilian Mama its Apple Cider Vinegar with cayenne pepper added to water. Sandra drinks this and can tell you all the benefits of it. A's soon as I can get some good Apple cider vinegar I am going to start drinking it also.

VickiLynn Sandra, Pamela and I all kind of favor some, if people see us together they know right away we are sisters, of course Sandra is the oldest of the three  ;D
and I have been keeping a journal of what I eat, just read Deborah's Journal, but its fresh fruits, taco soups, grapefruits, eggs and lots and lots of water.  As you can see by my picture I have a lot to lose.

Deborah D.
Last edited by Deborah D. on November 12th, 2009, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

I have alot to lose too... 150 lbs more... I've lost 52 since July 14, 2009...

We can ALL do this!

It is so easy, and my grocery bill is so low now!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

There's a lot of good weight loss going on here!  Congratulations o2bthin and Sicilain mama!!!  What a difference a few months on LDL makes!!!
I'm very happy for you ladies!!!  :rose: :rose:
mrsj
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Why... thank you Mrs. J!

I am so looking forward the next 52!!!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Sicilian Mama wrote:Why... thank you Mrs. J!

I am so looking forward the next 52!!!
Oh yes!  Your train is definitely traveling down that track!  Lookout Skinnytown!  Here she comes!
You have the best attitude Sicilian Mama!
*hug*
mrsj
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hi mrsj, Kathy, Vicki, S.Mama and Deborah.  Thanks to all for the words of encouragement - it means so much to hear from you all.  S. Mama congrats on the very impressive 52 pounds!!

About the ACV/cayenne water...you already know, you don't HAVE to drink this to lose weight.  But I've heard the vinegar might help you lose weight faster, so I decided to try it for a couple of weeks to see what happens.  Then I read the article CQ posted on the benefits of cayenne pepper...good for so many things...I decided to add the cayenne in an attempt to lower my blood pressure.  It also supposedly cleans the plaque build-up out of our veins. 

I use a large glass (16 oz.). fill it with cool water, add 2 or 3 splashes of the ACV, then sprinkle cayenne pepper on top of water, stir it in, sprinkle a little more cayenne, stir it in.  And, drink.  I try to drink 2 a day.  Stir as you drink, cause the cayenne settles to the bottom.  I have no problems drinking this, I like spicy stuff...but this is sort of like drinking pepper sauce!! 

Think I will weigh on Sunday, out of curiosity.  We usually weigh on the 8th of the month...but, just this once!  Will let you know how I do.
Beginning weight - 247                 

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Sandra,

Roger posted this information about vinegar.  Check it out.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=7716.0

o2bthin wrote:About the ACV/cayenne water...you already know, you don't HAVE to drink this to lose weight.  But I've heard the vinegar might help you lose weight faster, so I decided to try it for a couple of weeks to see what happens.  Then I read the article CQ posted on the benefits of cayenne pepper...good for so many things...I decided to add the cayenne in an attempt to lower my blood pressure.  It also supposedly cleans the plaque build-up out of our veins. 

What is ACV?  I would like to make this water for my husband who has high blood pressure.  He has been on LDL with me and at his last physical his blood pressure dropped considerably but his doctor still has him on medication even though the doctor has him cutting his medication in half.  I thought I would get him to try this (he loves anything really spicy) and see if he can get rid of the meds entirely.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

What is ACV?

VickiLynn its apple cider vinegar in water with cayenne pepper added.  the cayenne is to help lower her blood pressure, and to help clean the plaque buildup out out her veins.  She said its not to bad tasting either.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Sandra I wanted to tell you Warren, Sis Mosley and I went too several garage sales today, and Warren got me a beautiful lead crystal bowl, it was marked for $2.50, but they said everything was half price, so we got it for $1.25, it is very very nice, then at another place he got me 2 pairs of shoes, and 3 very nice skirts, but the skirts are all size 16.  So I can't wear them yet.  But when we got home I did try them on to see how far up I could get them.  Well I got them all the way up, but a long way to go to get them buttoned up.  But I will get there. 

There is one more thing I got today, I got about one dozen PERSIMMONS.  There is a house not far from us that has a tree, and no one lives there so Warren stopped and picked me a few, will go back later and get the rest.  The tree is loaded, but the persimmons are not ready yet, still kind of hard.  Warren knows the lady that owned the house so will make sure its OK for us to get the rest.  I am still cooking my pinto beans from this morning, I guess they will cook all night.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Deborah, I love yard sales.  That bowl sounds beautiful.  Won't it be grand when a bunch of fresh fruit is put in it?  I'm jealous,  :drool: I love persimmons.  Have a good Sunday.  :D Joyful Friend
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Well, ladies...this is sort of anticlimatic...I've lost a little over [color=teal]one pound this week on the vinegar/cayenne water.  Better than nothing, but I was expecting something a little more dramatic.  Still, a week is not long, so I'm going to continue for the rest of the month, and maybe until the first of the year...to really give it a fair trial.

Deborah - I can't get excited over lead crystal, clothes or shoes, but, PERSIMMONS!!  You've got PERSIMMONS??  I am so happy for you - and a tad envious.  We have 2 left...they are bright orange and hard as rocks.  I keep trying to throw them away, but daddy won't let me...he still has hopes of them getting soft and ripe.  So NOT gonna happen.  Enjoy your persimmons, baby.  We sure enjoyed ours.  Best regards to Warren, the persimmon picker!

Vicki, I don't think lowering my blood pressure with cayenne pepper is going to be a speedy thing.  But, with LDL it's a sure thing.  If the cayenne helps the process along, I'm more than willing to give it a try.  Good luck with your hubby's BP.

Happy LDL Eating![/color]
Beginning weight - 247                 

o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Today was my monthly treatment, and as Joan, my nurse, was hooking up my I.V., she asked, "Have you been sick?"  (Which I thought was funny, since I was in a chemo clinic!)

I said, "No.  Do I look sick?"

She said, "No, actually you look good, but you've lost some weight."

I couldn't help it, I started laughing, I was so surprised and so happy, because when I look in the mirror, I can't tell I've lost an ounce.  I gave Joan a big hug and did a little happy dance right there. 

I talked to my oncologist today about treatments...will continue to receive herceptin every three weeks until May 2010.  [glow=red,2,300]I have 'No Evidence of Disease' (N.E.D.) and I am in remission.[/glow]  (Thank you Lord Jesus!!) The doctors don't like to use the 'C' word...they don't ever say someone is 'cured,' but I feel like I am.  And, I am so thankful, so grateful.

I want to live the rest of my life in a slimmer, healthier body and find a way to be of service to others and 'give back' some of the loving, caring support I have received these past two years.  LDL is helping to make that possible!
Beginning weight - 247