Almost 5 months and 47 pounds gone!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Glen M
New, but learning

Almost 5 months and 47 pounds gone!

Post by Glen M »

Hello everyone,
I'm not much of a poster, but I had to drop by and give everyone an update. It's been almost 5 months since I started LDL and I'm down 47 pounds! It's a steady drop in weight and size with lifelong habits that I can live with from now on! I have been staying away from the scale only weighing about once a month, but the one of the greatest things is all of my clothes are too big...way too big! I have a large stack of clothes in my closet that I cannot wear because they are so big! That feels so good to look down at that stack of clothes! I also had a very nice suit that I had outgrown and every once in a while I would try that on to see how much better it fits. Now that it fits I'll have to find another "clothes goal"! I had a physical about a month ago and the Doc's was amazed! My BP is way down to normal and I avoided BP meds, to me that is worth all of it right there!  but wait.....as an added benefit, my cholesterol was at 143 (down from about 200-250)!. The doc was really pleased and I got a clean bill of health. I would also like to say that you CAN do this on your own without your spouse being on this diet! My wife has not been on LDL and so she and my daughter eat normally around me (yes..all the deserts and fatty foods!) and I have not cheated any! How about that? Everyone says how do you do that? I tell them about LDL and how it greatly reduces your cravings for sweets and fatty foods!  My biggest "secret" if there is one.. has been the fruit smoothies, I drink 2 of those a day and still love them. When I first started LDL I bought a vita-mix and I can tell you that thing has been worth every dime! It's so wonderful to have people come up to you with their eye's wide and want to know how much weight you have lost! I've had friends that haven't seen me in a while ask me if I was well!!! Ha...yes I am! Better than ever! Stay on the LDL train..you will get there!!!

Take care!!

Glen
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Almost 5 months and 47 pounds gone!

Post by crickadoodle »

Glen -- what a wonderful inspiration you are!  :thumbsup: Your post will help a lot of people realize they can do it too.  We probably started around the same time, because it is almost 5 months for me too.  I've lost 37 lbs. with 3 to go to my goal.  I'm thinking I'll just see what I lose beyond my goal, because I love eating this way too, and I intend to stay eating just like I have been. 

If you can post more often, do.  You just don't realize how much that helps people to read -- especially how you have been able to do it, in spite of the fact that your wife and daughter are eating non LDL all around you.  Some people give up for that very reason! 

Have a great week!
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Crickadoodle,
Thank you! And congratulations on your success also! You have done a great job and you are almost there! I've still got a little ways to go, but not too worried about that. It just has to become a way of life doesn't it? It's really great and we are going into this holiday season feeling good and looking a whole lot better. The great thing about this is anyone who makes their mind up CAN do this! Your right, I will try to post more often. Thanks for the encouragement!

Glen
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Glen- Congratulations!  That's fabulous :rose:!!  Pam
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Way to go, Glen!  Skinnytown on the horizon!! 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Glen,

I am so very happy for you! Congratulations!  :thumbsup: 

And you are an inspiration not just for the weight loss which I agree is incredible but bc you did it while your family indulged in non LDL foods. Most people would use that as an excuse to cheat. But you have a secret weapon, don;t you?  I have said from the beginning that the will power is built right into LDL. Once you get it all down in your head and make it automatic, you don;t need or desire any non LDL foods. It's really remarkable and so are you!

Good to hear from you and hope you will come back to tell us more - soon. It really means a lot to so many.

Julie :rose:
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

TOTALLY AWESOME, GLEN!!  :D  :rose:  Keep up the good work!

*hug*
Ginny
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Glen,

How could you keep your secret for so long?  Your weight loss is amazing in only 5 months!  Fortunately for me, my husband started LDL with me.  He didn't know it at the time, but I started this WOE for him because he had just found out his blood pressure was well over 200 and his cholesterol was sky high.  In the 5 months we have been eating the LDL way, his blood pressure is normal and his cholesterol is too. I put all of his 'too big to wear' clothes in a big box and gave them to St. Vincent DePaul.  I'm sure I will be giving more of his clothes to charity before too long because he is still losing weight (has about 10 more lbs to lose) -- I couldn't be happier for him!

Vicki

P.S.  I have also benefited from this way of eating -- down from a size 12 to an 8, sleep better than ever, have more energy, and each day is a joy to wake up to.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

WOW GLEN !!! Please post your story on the medical success and personal success boards as encouragement to others -  men in particular. We don't hear from the man-type folks often enough.

My heart is so full! Thank you for sharing. Doin' a happy dance for you AND your family, who will get to have you around for a LOT longer now!

Good going, Glen. You are doing everything right!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Thanks everyone for the kind words of encouragement! You guys might make a regular "poster" out of me yet! I'll try to post on the medical success board also. When I started LDL I would have never imagined having so much success so quickly! It's just been great. I can think of several people that I know of whose lives probably could have been saved if they had found out about LDL like I have. I am VERY blessed to have found out about LDL! (That's another whole story in itself!). I still think all of you guys are the real winners, the way you support each other and help each other along. It's such a great help! I'm just trying to learn from all of you, everyone is so creative and has so many great ideas!

Thanks again and take care!

Glen
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Way to go Glen!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

:thumbsup:Way to go Glen!
Congratulations!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Glen, you may not post much but when you do........it's a doozy!  You should be very proud of yourself! 
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your good news!
mrsj
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Oh Glen..THAT is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

That's a lot of weight gone forever!!!

So proud of you!!!!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Glen, Congratulations!!!.  You inspire me.  Fruit smoothies have helped me a whole lot.  They always seem like a treat, not a weight loss secret, but they  also work for me.  :rose:  :rose:  :rose: to you, and Silclian Mom, thanks for your tips on tasting and not swallowing to get the job done.  They surely saved me, yesterday for making the turkey dressing.  You're an inspiration.  :rose: :rose: to you, Joyful Friend
Sicilian Mama

Post by Sicilian Mama »

Joyful../

Who knew spitting would be in fashion!

Maybe if I had been doing that all my life, I wouldn't be in the predicament I'm in now!!! LOL!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

You're funny!!! I have always been a taster.  I never want those cravings back.  I admire you a whole bunch.  *love* your help and humor.  Joyful Friend
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Mama, you are too funny!!

Glen, you and Mr. Roadglide are on the same weight loss track.  It's nice two men doing so well.  You both deserve a big  *hug* and a  :kiss: