Need help finding an article.....

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
malmq

Need help finding an article.....

Post by malmq »

I read an article, which I think was written by Gwennaford, the other day and it was quite inspiring for me but I can't find it.

It was about not depending on a machine that gives you numbers to live by, which was longer than that but in a paragraph.

It was a longer letter and I wish I could remember more about it.  Which is why I'm looking for it but with no success.  I would like to bookmark it for future reference for myself and others.

I trust someone knows exactly what I'm talking about and can help me find it.    I also think that finding it and putting it back out here would bless other newbies like me. *love*

Thanks! 

Mo
scarlett859

Re: Need help finding an article.....

Post by scarlett859 »

Is this what you were looking for?

Gwennaford wrote:About the ticker, I won't keep it posted full time, because it's just a reminder to me & everyone else to keep getting on the scale, and I won't do that.  I'm finally free from that addiction and I refuse to become a slave again with the scale as my master. 

That said, updating my ticker was not a wasted exercise.  I discovered that I HAD actually lost weight since Christmas -- quite a bit, in fact.  Looking back at my ticker entries I discovered that between January & October, 2009, I had lost 26 pounds.  I don't know how that worked out, because I thought I was 90 pounds down at Christmas and I'm at 111 pounds down now.  I must have started retaining a lot between Christmas and the middle of January.  ANYway . . . the ticker/scale thing was making me crazy -- it was down one month, up the next, down a little bit more the next, etc. etc. etc.  That's when I boycotted the scale because I KNEW I was NOT eating the wrong foods.  It bothered me a little bit to hear Ms. Heirloom say I had "re-committed to following LDL to the letter", because I honestly don't believe I strayed.  The only thing I have done differently the past month is try to more clearly define a beginning and ending to each meal, and try to force myself into something of a traditional "daytime B-L-D/nighttime sleeping" time frame instead of slotting in meals & naps around the clock as time permitted. 

Loves to all,
Gwennaford

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... c=4428.825
If not, sorry I could not help. I had read this a while back and thought this might be what you were talking about.
[glow=grey,2,300]GEAUX TIGERS![/glow]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKZCQDt/]
malmq

Post by malmq »

No, that's not it but thanks.   I'll do what Roger recommended.    I just didn't know we could email others.   But I'll post it when I find the article.   Wish me luck  :)

I just wrote on Gwenn's journal page, so if any of you "hear" from her, would you mind sending her to her journal for me....  thanks!
Last edited by malmq on November 17th, 2009, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

I think what you were looking for was when she said the scale lies.  At the top of the page is a search block.  Enter "the scale lies" and you may find what you were looking for.

*hug*
Ginny