ONDERLAND!!! FINALLY!!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Ginny M.
Master Member

ONDERLAND!!! FINALLY!!!!

Post by Ginny M. »

FINALLY!  FINALLY!  FINALLY!  I'VE FINALLY REACHED ONDERLAND!!!  WHOO HOOO!!!  I'VE BEEN DANCING THE HAPPY DANCE ALL DAY!!!   It has been teasing me for about a month & finally dropped!

To Enjay, Julie409, Crickadoodle and anyone else that talked to me about allergies,  I come to you humbled  :blush: and embarrassed, with my ONION in hand.  I know I am allergic to onions because when I eat them (any kind, cooked or not) I get a stuffed up nose for a couple of hours.   I Really did not want to give up my onions  :'( (they are in practically EVERYTHING) but I gave in  :'( and did a few days ago.  The weight started to drop!  :D  So, here I am with Onion (not hat) in hand to surrender to my onion allergy and hopefully my weight will continue to drop.

And a big THANK YOU  :rose:  *hug*  *love* to all of you who gave me encouragement when my weight loss was sloooow.  I'm not done yet (at least 50 more pounds to go) but this is a big hurtle for me (I was almost here back in the early 1990's but never made it) but I was at 140 in the 1980's.  I'm not expecting an overnite miracle (but I Would take it if it happened  *woot* ) just a slow (and sometimes faster  ;D ) loss.
julie409
Master Member

Re: ONDERLAND!!! FINALLY!!!!

Post by julie409 »

Oh my gosh Ginny, you made me cry (Maybe it was the onion in your hand  :'(  hehe).

Seriously, your joy is infectious. That is the power of following LDL and coming to the boards and sharing your experience. The things we learn every day about our bodies and our minds and our spirits are incredible.  Thanks so much for telling your story - I am sure it will help someone else to realize that food allergies can be responsible for our inability to lose weight.

Oh BTW - WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO FOR YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!
Really - well done and congratulations. Having arrived there a few weeks ago myself, I know how good this feels. I have about the same to lose as you do now; 50 lbs. But now that I have found LDL, there is no doubt I will make it and perhaps go beyond.
I know we can do this together Ginny!  I am so happy for you! *hug*

Julie  :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Ginny!  Oh, I have mixed feelings.  I am so happy you are in Onederland and with all that dancing, you are going to really get lower and lower in weight!  :laughing:  But I am sad that your food allergy is to onions.  Onions are in all my cooking and I can't imagine having to give them up -- so that is why I'm sad too.  :'(  I'm sure you'll find something to make your food taste great.  Also, maybe after being away from onions for awhile, you'll be able to add them in gradually.

But, Ginny is in Onederland!  What good news there is to rejoice in today!  :D :D :D  ;D ;D ;D :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: *woot* *woot* *woot*

Go, Ginny!  :thumbsup: Go, Ginny!  :thumbsup: Go, Ginny!  :thumbsup:  Go, Ginny!  :thumbsup:  Go, Ginny!  :thumbsup:  You're da bomb!  :bomb:  We're excited!  *woot*
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ginny- I am so very happy for you and look forward to joining you in Onderland.  I have about 25# to go, but have all the confidence in the world that I'll be there by spring.  February/March maybe.  Dance, sing, shout, celebrate.  You deserve it :rose:.  Pam
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Ginny-so glad your in Onderland, I still have 40 lbs to go to get there, but I know one thing...I WILL GET THERE, don't know when but I will get there!!!  Keep up the WWOE.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Congrats Ginny!  I know how happy you are!  Yippee!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

WAY TO GO GIRL  :thumbsup: . I am soooooooooo proud of you  *love* . Sorry to hear that you're allergic to onions because they are in almost every LDL recipe.   Have you ever tried using dried onion flakes?  I'm wondering if by drying them out they would react differently to your allergy. Oh well, just a thought.

Again, Congratulations.  You deserve a hugh bouquet of roses -- :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

YAY !!! Ginny's on the Skinnytown Express!!!

My daughter decided she was allergic to onions and I had a terrible time breaking the habit of throwing them into everything, but honestly, it was just a habit and you don't re"ly miss them in the finished dishes.

Way to go my friend!!! Please go to the thread, "Personal Proof the Scale LIES" and you can share the happy dances GEM posted there for me.

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Carole H
New, but learning

Post by Carole H »

I'm assuming "onderland" is breaking 200#.  If so, is there a term for breaking 300#?
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Ginny M,
Just one word....AWESOME! I know you're feeling great! I'm trying to break the 200 pound mark and just have a few more pounds to go to do that. That would be a major milestone also, but I still have more to go.

Hang in there!

Glen
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Thank you, all of you, for your congratulations and YOUR HELP!  *love*   Without all of you, I wouldn't have done it.  

I still have at least 50 pounds more to go and I really feel I will get there.  I have never felt that way on any other program (and I think I have tried them all!  :'(  :sick:  ).  Actually I have dropped almost 50 pounds from my highest weight (the 2nd time at that weight) in 2007, but it was 20 pounds on one program, gained back 10, lost 20 on another, gained back 10, lost 15 on another, gained 15.  But this has been steady down (a little slow) but down.

Crickadoodle & Julie409:   I'm crying, too, about the onions.  I really love them and usually added extra when a recipe calls for them.  I'll try to wait until maybe June and then maybe try to add them back beginning with dried onions and powder.  This is the hardest part of this WOE for me than anything else has been.  I had Mexican to celebrate yesterday and tried not to eat the Salsa, just the juice.  

Gwen:  The onions do make a difference.  I threw out my Gazpacho with lots of onions and made a new batch with no onions.  Also, not as much taste.  I am going to increase the cucumbers and maybe that will help.  This is harder than cooking and eating beans.  Thank you for sharing your happy dance.

VickiLynn:  Thank you for the roses.

Carole:  When you break 300 you are in Twoterland.  Are you there?  Let us know so we can celebrate with you.

MsHeirloom, Deborah D., Glen M, Carole H & Gwen:  If I can do this, ANYONE CAN.  You will get here.  

Gwen & Crickadoodle & Julie409:  You 3 have really been a BIG inspiration for me.  Roses to you.  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:

Please keep up your inspirations to me and the others.  I know this is a huge milestone, but there are many others yet to come (and many road blocks, too.  I had one today . . . check my new post).  So it's one day at a time.

*love* &  *hug*
Ginny
Last edited by Ginny M. on November 18th, 2009, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Ginny, A big Congratulations to you!!!
Yeah!

This WOE is so great! It is so wonderful seeing so many people succeed. Myself included

Bobbi
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Ginny, are you still in FL or are you back home?  Either way, I think I *see* you grinning! :D  For good reason!  Congratulations on your milestone. :thumbsup:
This train keeps moving down the track!
mrs
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Marvelous, simply marvelous!  Congrats Ginny!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

GO GINNY!!!  GO GINNY!!!!!  WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO GIRLY!!!!!!

*SINGS*  You're gettin skinny!  You're gettin skinny!!!  (((((((((HUGS))))))))

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by crickadoodle »

Ginny -- maybe you can experiment a little with different kinds of onions.  Like, I normally use yellow onions, but I could switch to white or purple.  Then if that doesn't work, maybe something else in the onion family would work for you -- like green onions or leeks or something with an onion flavor.  I'm just imagining life without onions, and I'd want to find something. 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

:thumbsup: and a bouquet of  :rose: s  to you, Ginny.  Your up and down in diets sounds so much like mine.  With LDL, there is no fear in gaining back.  Hope you figure out the onions.  I use them in so many things.  Joyful Friend
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

I'm gong to try staying off all onions hopefully until spring (at least as much as I can control).  Maybe then I'll try adding them back one type at a time.  I just made Neets Meatloaf  *love* WITHOUT onions  :'( .  It was still good but the onions made it even better.  I added more mushrooms and carrots to make up for the onions.

Mrs. J:  I am now in LaBelle, Florida, until April. So if you are here in SW Florida you ARE seeing the light of my grin  :D and probably even feeling the vibrations of my Happy Dance!  :D

*hug*
Ginny
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Ginny M. wrote:Mrs. J:  I am now in LaBelle, Florida, until April. So if you are here in SW Florida you ARE seeing the light of my grin  :D and probably even feeling the vibrations of my Happy Dance!  :D
;D So that was you Ginny!! ;D
I had to google LaBelle and I see I am almost 2 hours nw of you.  How nice that you are able to enjoy FL weather until April.  How long have you been a snow bird?  If I didn't already live here, I would definitely want to be a snowbird.
mrsj