"Wouldn't you like to be a newbie, too?..."

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
flinn
New, but learning

"Wouldn't you like to be a newbie, too?..."

Post by flinn »

Hello, everyone! Well, I just caught this particular train, & I must say I'm thrilled to find such genuine support & encouragement on these message boards!  Before I started LDL, I told my husband that for some reason I wasn't dreading starting this "diet" as I have with everything else. His reply was, "Maybe it's because the Lord led you to it & is going to bless it."  Hm-m-m, think he's got something there!  Anyway, just wanted to drop in & introduce myself, & let all of you know how great I (already!) think you are. Thanks for the great recipes, too!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: "Wouldn't you like to be a newbie, too?..."

Post by crickadoodle »

Hey, Flinn, and welcome to what I'm sure is a Godsend to you!  I am amazed all the time that it has been so easy to get slender with LDL.  I asked God for a livet -- instead of a diet.  I needed something I could live with and get slim with.  I didn't know if there was anything out there that would work for me.  I'd lost all will power and really had started to accept the fact that I was a size larger than I ever thought I'd be.  It was when I got clothes in that I'd ordered online in the largest size ever for me and then tried on some capris and they didn't even fit!  What a bummer!  :thumbdown:  Right around that time I found out about LDL.  I was oh so skeptical that anything could work like this, but having experienced it for 5 months now, I can tell you that it really does work.  The best part of all is it is not a diet that you do just to lose weight.  It is a lifestyle that you adopt into your life that will assure you will NEVER be overweight again. 

I was thinking today how the "diets" I've tried in the past had one plan for losing weight and another plan for maintaining your weight after you'd lost.  Well, that isn't true about LDL.  You eat healthy and satisfying food throughout.  You eat the same food losing as you do maintaining.  This way of eating (woe) deals with the unhealthy cravings for refined, processed foods that make you fat.  Why would you want to go back to eating those foods, when they made you fat in the first place and will make you fat again?  You know?  This WOE sets you free from food cravings, much like the blood of Jesus set you free from the power of sin.  You don't want that bad food anymore if the craving is gone.  I don't intend to tempt my cravings back. 

Well, that's why it was so easy -- the cravings are gone and I don't want the bad stuff.  All I want to eat is the good healthy foods that have made me slim and will keep me slim.  I feel that now I can be the woman God means for me to be.  I'm healthier than I can remember being in ages.  I can do more than ever.  I'm so very grateful to the Lord for guiding me to LDL. 
flinn
New, but learning

Post by flinn »

Thank you so much, Crickadoodle (which, incidentally, is one of the cutest names ever)!  Your kind words were without a doubt a Godsend! At this point, & right before Thanksgiving, I need all the help I can get! Any tips on overcoming temptations?  *evil* I know to load up on fruit, which will help with pecan pie being shoved under my nose :shock:, but if you have any personal tricks, I'd appreciate them. 
God bless, Flinn
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, Flinn, you're just getting started.  The most important thing to get you past temptation is to eat lots of fruit and lots of beans.  The fruit really makes you so full of healthy sweet things that you don't need sugary, gooey sweet things.  Then, for me the beans have been what helps me the most.  I was big on eating starchy carbs that weren't good for me.  Those beans are so healthy and starchy -- but full of protein too -- that they replace my desire for bad starches.  They also stabilize your blood sugar, which for me has kept me from being moody or martyr-like.  You know how you get so hungry that you could bite someone's head off?  I have been the nicest I could never imagine while losing weight.  :laughing:

Personally, I'm not going to stress over Thanksgiving and will eat what is offered at our family meal.  I figure it is just one meal, and I'll make the wisest choices I can.  I don't have cravings, so I'm thinking I'll eat turkey and maybe even ham or whatever other meat is available.  I'll also eat whatever veggies are there, although they'll probably be prepared in a way that isn't totally LDL.  I'll stay away from bread -- don't desire it anymore -- and rice dishes, unless the rice dish has lots of veggies.  I might taste the sweet potatoes and a bite of pie, possibly.  I'm just so different about food than I used to be.  I've been eating this way for almost 5 months and it is a part of me now.  I love not being controlled by food, but being in control.  Overly sweet stuff really doesn't tempt me anymore.  I can take one bite and that is enough to have experienced it.  Really!  I know, 5 months ago I wouldn't have believed that either.

Oh, Crickadoodle was a name I called my first little Yorkie, whose name was Cricket.  I am about to get my third Yorkie in a few weeks, as my little Stevie Rae died tragically this summer.  I miss her so!  (My husband builds guitars and Stevie Rae was named after my husband's favorite guitarist -- Stevie Ray Vaughn.)  Well, I'm getting Mamie soon, and named her after my late sister Mary, who I called Mamie when I was a very small child.  I got to see Mamie for the first time 2 days ago.  She is so tiny and so cute!  I'm hoping I can love her as much as I did Stevie Rae.  Now, after Cricket died, I never though I could love another dog like I did her, but we have a large capacity to love -- don't we?  I'm sure Mamie will win me over quickly.  You just have to get to know them and enjoy their little personalities.

If you mess up with the food on Thanksgiving, don't be too hard on yourself.  Just get back to normal the next day -- and take no leftovers that aren't LDL friendly.  One day is no big deal, but with bad leftovers, you'll make a habit of it.    ;)
flinn
New, but learning

Post by flinn »

Thanks! I'm glad to know I'm in the company of animal lovers!  My sincere sympathy on your loss; I know exactly what you've been through. I'll never be completely over losing my Baby Bear (dog), but now I have 3 others that I love dearly, not to mention cats (too embarrassed to tell you just how big my menagerie really is! If something needs a home, they see the "vacancy sign" which is apparently taped to my forehead!) Anyway, I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving. Thank you again for your support & friendship. :rose:
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Welcome Flinn you will love this way of eating.  My husband and I have been on LDL for going on 3 weeks and we are so happy with the meals.  We have more energy then we have had for years.  I had given up hope to ever lose weight, every time I started a new diet I would lose a little then gain back more then I lost.  I had been praying asking God to help me find something that would be perfect and help me get healthy again.  I guarantee this is it!  After almost 3 weeks my clothes are already fitting looser and my husband has put his belt in the last hole and his pants are still sliding down.  We are never hungry and after the first week our craving dropped off completely.  The friends you will meet on this program are so incouraging and supportive your needs will be met in every area.
Now, about dogs - I have 1 schnauzer, 3 schnauzer crosses & 1 very tiny long haired Chihuahua.  We didn't plan on having 5 dogs but once you fall in love with them they become your kids.  We are fortunate to live in the country with a 1/2 acre fenced just for the dogs to run and play in.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Welcome Flinn to our LDL family, hope you have a great Thanksgiving and I know if you follow the LDL way of eating you will lose all the weight you want.  Check out the LDL holiday recipes on this website....It all sound so wonderful....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Wendy -- that long haired Chihuahua almost looks like a Yorkie!  I'm about to get a Yorkie puppy -- sometime next month when it is ready to come home.  I can hardly wait.  Friends of mine just got a Schnauzer crossed with a poodle and they call it a schnoodle.  :laughing:  Funny story of what it was named.  The dog is for the grandpa and the grandson.  Well, they let the grandson name her.  See if you can follow how he named it.  Well, he decided that since the dog was black and white like an Oreo and Oreo is a cookie, he decided to name her Ginger, because his favorite cookies are gingersnaps!  Kids are so funny.  :laughing:
donnanet
New, but learning

Post by donnanet »

Hey flinn, welcome to LDL!  I too am a newbie and am overwhelmed by the support from such gracious LDL'ers.  My sister heard about this woe and told my Mom and I about it.  Neither one of them have started yet, but I did last week and lost 4 lbs! PTL!  My husband is one of those who will watch and see how I do before he trys it, so I'll be working on him! God bless and have a great Thanksgiving!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

crickadoodle
That is a darling story.  The dog in the picture is my Emily Rose and she is a schnauzer/yorkie cross.  One of the smartest dogs I have ever owned. The little poodle has passed on a few years ago.  I know you will love the new addition you are getting.  I agree with you when you say it is hard to believe you can love a dog as much as the last one but God just puts that special love in our hearts for all his creatures.  Have a very Happy Thanksgiving
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Donna, my husband did the same and has now lost 25 lbs. and he doesn't even stick to it as well as me.  This way of eating is so awesome -- and it is contagious!  :D

Oh, there is Yorkie in that dog of yours, Wendy!  You hadn't mentioned anything about Yorkies, so I figured it was the Chihuahua.  I've found when my Yorkies were wet they looked like Chihuahuas.
Last edited by crickadoodle on November 26th, 2009, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome, Flinn, to LDL and these wonderful boards.  We look forward to earing all about your successes.  Pam
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

cricketdoodle, we just lost our wonderfyl lab, very unexpectedly, and what a loss it is , they are just your little children.  I too am a newibe, just on my 5th day today.  Just love it.  and I find myself on this site reading and reading all the time.  Remember those babbies are waiting to greet us when we get there.  Love to all.. God Bless
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

lpomlove -- welcome to LDL, if I haven't already welcomed you!  I know those little dogs just get into you heart.  I too believe we'll see them again with all our loved ones who are in Heaven.  I think Romans 8 has a section that backs that belief talking about creation groaning waiting for our redemption.  It affects them too.  Some people think it is silly and God has too many more important things to worry about, but I think those people don't realize how big God is.  The universe is pretty big and I'm sure Heaven will not be limited in space.
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

me too *love*
flinn
New, but learning

Post by flinn »

Thanks, everyone, for the support & prayers! I did pretty darned well over Thanksgiving, until last night (Sunday), strangely enough. Then, suddenly, I couldn't stand the thought of another piece of fruit, beans (my husband & dogs have loved me anyway, even when I've forgotten the Beano! The cats just hide!! :laughing:)or anything else I could think of, so I was naughty, but not as much as I would have been in the past. LDL truly does give you a different mind set & helps you be aware of what you're putting in your body. PTL!!!!!!!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Flinn- Forget and forgive those few minutes and get right back on the train.  You know which one- the one heading for Skinnytown.  Pam