1 Month Success Story

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

1 Month Success Story

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I will be on LDL 1 month the 5th of Dec.  I was going to wait until then to weigh in since Thanksgiving.  But I had a doctor apt today and when they weighed me I was down 20 lbs.  I had lost  5 lbs before starting LDL but I have lost 15 lbs since starting almost a month ago.  I also put on a pair of pants to go to the apt in that I have not been able to get anywhere close to snapping and zipping for way over a year.  They fit perfectly with only a little snuggness around the hips but that was not at all uncomfortable.  I felt like a million bucks going out today even though this is only the beginning of a long journey.  Before when I would start losing a bit of weight like this I would reward myself by going out and eating junk and feeling terrible and then falling off the diet.  This time there is no desire to do that and who would want to when I came home to a lunch of Blackberry Balsamic Pork Loin.  That was a celebration in itself!
Mary J
Master Member

Re: 1 Month Success Story

Post by Mary J »

Ohhh Wendy,,, Congrats!  YOU are doing a great job!  Didn't you love that recipe?  I can't wait to make it again soon...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS Wendy!!!!  I know it feels good to lose 15 more pounds with that previous 5 pound loss.  The best news is that it is only the beginning!! ;D 
This train is heading on down the track to Skinnytown!  Woohoo!
I'm enjoying riding the train with you. :rose:
mrsj
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Wendy, your having a great journey.  Your doing a nice job.  Keep it up.  The longer you eat like this, the easier it is.  Congrats!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Great going Wendy!!!
I know it feels so good to finally know that you have a way of eating that you enjoy and you loss weight on!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Wennnndddddyyyyyy!  :thumbsup:

How fabulous you are!  You made the commitment and you are reaping the results!  Congratulations!  I know that lots of people will now ask "What are you doing?"  You will be an LDL ambassador and be able to show people the way to good health.

I am only half way to goal but I KNOW I will get there. The longer I am on LDL, the more I learn and the healthier I get.
So Whooo Hooo to you! *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*

Julie :rose:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Wendy- Just want to re interate everything others have already said to you.  LDL is the best eating plan on the planet.  It works and you are living proof.  I know exactly how you feel when you said that before you would have celebrated a weight loss by eating and now you no longer feel any desire to deviate from this WOE..  You go girl!  What did your doctor have to say?  Pam
Terry from Texas
New, but learning

Post by Terry from Texas »

Wendy,

What a great success story. I am waiting for my first month to be up. It is so hard to stay off the scales but I can tell by trying on different clothes that LDL is working. We will ride that train to Skinnytown together.

Terry
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

That you all  for your kind words.  My doctor was so happy and after the apt.  she always rights everything she has said to do on a form for me to sign.  She wrote great job keep up the good work.  I told her what plan I was on and she said it sounded like a good one.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Wendy, great success.  :thumbsup:  You are doing so well and so is your DH.  I am so proud of you because you are trying good LDL recipes and new foods.  I liked your story about your past fudge making.  I bet you were in demand around the Christmas season.    I think the key to LDL success is to be prepared.  I wish we had a store like you visited yesterday.  We have an Aldi where fruit is less expensive.  I also stock up when I visit Sam's.  :rose: :rose: to you and yours.  Joyful Friend
jkate

Post by jkate »

Wendy ~ WOW!!!!! 20 lbs in only one month - that is awesome! Keep up the good work and I will (try) to follow you!
]
[/url]]
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Wow!  How did I miss this?  Congrats, Wendy!!  Great progress! 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2