Christmas Greetings

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Christmas Greetings

Post by Joyful Friend »

I have been quite busy with Christmas activities in my  Family, Church, and Community.  I'm just very busy, but not too busy to eat LDL correctly.  I read the boards, but too busy to post. I am so thankful that I've been able to eat LDL foods during Christmas parties.  I thought that I may gain because I have changed my big protein meal to evening, and I've eaten a whole lot.  My clothes seemed to be loser and when I got on the scales this morning, I was at a brand new number.  It's unbelievable.  It works; the more I eat, the more I lose.  I have had no desire for the delicious looking  desserts, even with the  remembraces of the  good taste of all them.  I usually have a smoothies or a couple pieces of fruit before leaving home. (a smoothie of frozen black grapes, a banana, and a pear, ice cubes---It is sooo sweet and luscious, and to think I thought they made me fat) Remembrances of how candies tasted can be very tempting; however, I have no real cravings.  When I drive by a pizza places,  I have remembrances of the good taste,and I also smell the aroma in places that tickles my smelling sense, but I make sure I eat something with the same taste.  Pizza soup is great.  Thanks, Roger, for sharing this woe.  I still have many meals to fix for Christmas, but I have no worry about sticking non ldl foods in my mouth.  I like the way I feel, the way my clothes fit, and enjoy all the great foods.  I want to wish all on the boards a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and may we all remember the reason for true celebration, Christ, my Savior, was born!!!  *love* *hug* :rose: to all,  Joyful Friend
godstemple

Re: Christmas Greetings

Post by godstemple »

Blessings to you Joyful friend. It is good to hear you are able to stick to the plan. I know fro experience that when you stray you immediately start thinking about the wrong foods. However good to hear you are able to stick to this WOE. Merry Christmas to you also.
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Joyful Friend, have missed you!  Thanks for posting these encouraging words, and hope you & your family have a safe and healthy Merry Christmas!
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Way to go, Joyful Friend!  Merry Christmas to you and all my friends here on the LDL boards.  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Merry Christmas Joyful!  Great news and so good to hear from you.

Julie :rose:
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Merry Christmas Joyful.  I like reading your posts.  I look forward to reading more.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Joyful Friend wrote:My clothes seemed to be loser and when I got on the scales this morning, I was at a brand new number.  It's unbelievable.  It works; the more I eat, the more I lose.  

Aren't new numbers wonderful?  I received a Christmas present early yesterday -- I got it from my scale!  I finally reached my goal weight after 8 months on LDL.  All this by eating, eating, eating all the food I want!  It wasn't always easy along the way; but, with the encouragement and help from all my friends on the boards I got the best present of all!  Thanks to each and every one of you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY LDL NEW YEAR  *hug*

Vicki
Last edited by VickiLynn on December 22nd, 2009, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

congratulations Vicki!  What a wonderful christmas present!  I hope you still stay on the boards and spread your wisdom.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Vicki -

Oh my gosh!  That is wonderful news.  *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot* *woot*

What a great way to go into the Christmas holiday!  I am so happy for you.  Are you going to post your success  story?  I know it would mean a lot to the newer members to show it can be done and to some of us that have been around a while and need a little new input.

Have a great Christmas and New year! *hug*

Julie
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Congratulations on meeting your goal!  What an inspiration to all of us traveling down the road to success.  I would love to hear all about your journey and what are your plans now for continuing to keep off the weight and more then likely from what I have read losing more weight.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Vicki -- you are a rare one.  How many people do you think are saying what you said this close to Christmas?  Most are saying how they'll have to "diet" after the holidays because of all that weight they gained.  What a blessing!  Enjoy your gift and share the good news with all who care to know.  So many would be blessed knowing how you did it.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Vicki- I am so happy for you and the Christmas gift of health you have given yourself!  I wish I knew how to do those animated graphics for you.  You are an inspiration.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  Cheers to you, Vicki, congrats on making your goal!

To Pam, I did a search for emoticons and found this site: http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons-objects-004.php. Pick the graphic and then under it highlight the forum code and copy it. Then paste into your message. I always do the preview before I post. It will show up if you did it right. Have fun!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...