Merry Christmas Lets Do Lunchers

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
DEBBIEWEBE

Merry Christmas Lets Do Lunchers

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Merry Christmas Lets Do Lunchers.  I scrolled back 10 pages worth of new posts and I dont seem to know anyone here anymore lol.  I have been MIA for some time.  Went on a nice vacation over Thanksgiving and trying to get ready for Christmas.  

I just popped in to mention that Lets Do Lunch has recently brought sort of a christmas miracle into my family.

Long story short Ive been married for apprx 22 years and my mother in law and I have always had sort of a strained relationship.  Although I have been on LDL for almost 4 years I dont really share a lot with her ( she stressed me out lol) so when she was over the other day I gave her a LDL book cause she was complaining about gaining weight after an accident she had last sept.  She slipped off a curb and cracked her skull and had a really bad concussion.  She even had to use a walker for about 2 months.  I dropped everything for a couple weeks to care for her back then in sept until her sister could get here and her attitute towards me sorta did a 180.  Then about three weeks ago she was diagnosed with some skin cancer on her face that she needed to have lasered.  It seemed to me that she was getting sort of depressed from being housebound from her accident and now this bad news on top of it she was starting to retreat inside herself.  

Anyway now that shes doing LDL I see her spark coming back and we finally have something safe and fun to talk about.  I brought her some chick pea soup, roasted chickpeas, corn thins, and soynuts the other day and she was practically jumping up and down with joy.  She calls me and tells me how much she loves it and how its the first eating plan that goes along with her beliefs.  She praised me by saying how nice it was to have someone so knowledgable about LDL helping her learn the plan lol.  So all I can say is Im really getting a kick out of watching her personality change before my eyes with all the energy and excitement she is getting from eating LDL foods.  My husband is about to reap the benefit of finally being able to have his mother and wife in the same room enjoying one anothers company.  

I had planned to get her doing LDL back in sept when I was caring for her but her sister flew in from texas and started cooking Barbara all this home cooking and I didnt want to interfere.  Her sister left early due to diverticulitis attack and my motherin law was left feeling tired, depressed, and sluggish.  Hopefully with her doing LDL she will finally start giving her body the nutrition it needs to heal itself from the terrible accident she had.  I look forward to posting her success story in the journals as she completes her goals.  

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everyone
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on December 22nd, 2009, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roadglide

Re: Merry Christmas Lets Do Lunchers

Post by Roadglide »

Debbiewebe, almost everyone has issues with their mother in law.  I think that's the way it suppose to be.  lol
But, I'm glad you two now have a great connection.  This is truly the best woe.  I've been on LDL for 6 months, you've been on a lot longer.  Tell me about your journey over this time.  Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Debbie,

It is so good to see you again!  I just  mentioned you the other day when I asked if anyone wanted to do a weekly Soup and Fruit flush.

I am thrilled that you and your MIL were able to find a common ground and how wonderful that it is something healthy that will reap tons of benefits. Being in the KNOWLEDGEABLE position is certainly a great place to be with someone with whom you may have felt stressed in the past. You exhibited great kindness and now you are reaping the blessings of that.  :angel:

And yes there are a lot of new members on the boards. When Roger appeared on the 700 club, it created a lot of buzz just like the First article did. Please come back again and let us know how you are doing and your MIL as well.

Have a wonderful Christmas.  *hug*

Julie :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Debbie, what a blessing!  Isn't it beautiful what this WOE can do?  God even used it to make a relationship whole.  That is even more important than the weight loss, to be honest with you.  Your story has made my day!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks Roger, Julie and Mark!!

It gets better than that even...this morning I ran into Target quick to buy some christmas gift cards and walking in at the same time as me was the young girl Christine who walks around my block.  As some of you might remember I posted a story last summer about watching this young girl walk around my block for literally years.  Diligently.  Although she walked miles a day she never lost an ounce.  Well one day I saw her come rounding the block by my house and ran upstairs, grabbed one of my extra LDL books and headed down the driveway.  I said "I know you dont know me but you need to read this book it will change your life"  I told her that although I did not lose all the weight I wanted that I did lose 25 lbs I never gained back and she might even be more successful than I since I could see by her walking routine that she is a determined person.  Anyway today she grabbed me and gave me a big hug and proclaimed that I had changed her life.  I laughed and smiled and it really felt good to have been able to share this plan with someone who actually embraced it and did so well.  She has lost 25lbs as well and looked fantastic.  Her winter coat was practically hanging off her.  I remember telling my husband that I had given her the book and he gasped in horror saying..."you gave someone you dont know a DIET BOOK?"  lmao  Anyway I felt it was the right thing to do at the time and didnt let his comment bother me and now by seeing the health and happiness Christine is enjoying on her new lease on life I definately know it was the right thing.  
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on December 22nd, 2009, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Debbie,

What a wonderful story!  I am trying to learn to listen to the whispers and get out of my head.  When we do something that is heartfelt (as you have done) you usually cannot go wrong.  That's really fabulous!

Julie :rose:
Last edited by julie409 on December 22nd, 2009, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Debbie- What a great story.  You must have such a warm, satisfied feeling to know that you have had such an impact on someone else's life.  Both my books are "on loan."  If I don't get them back, I'll just buy more.  It's so important that we get the word out so that others can be blessed by LDL as we have been.  Merry Christmas.  Pam