New Year's Day LDL Lunch.....What did you have?

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
barrypaxton
Master Member

New Year's Day LDL Lunch.....What did you have?

Post by barrypaxton »

Hi, I've been doing LDL for 2 1/2 months and have lost 24 lbs. For New Year's Day lunch I fixed pork loin (trimmed away all visible fat), cooked apples, sauerkraut, and corn. It was delicious. What did you have?
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: New Year's Day LDL Lunch.....What did you have?

Post by wendysgoodnews »

We are having Pork Tenderloin w/ Blackberry Balsam Glaze and Cauliflower Fake Potato Salad.  I am thinking we will have Corn from our garden this summer.  I made a Pumpkin cheesecake that is as LDL as I could make it.  No crust and all FF or SF. 
What an exciting New Year this will be with all of us getting skinnier and skinnier!
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Well, it looks like we all had the same menu in mind for today.  Instead of the pork loin, I had chops with the blackberry glaze.  Had blackeyed peas (am from the south and it's a SIN not to have peas for New Years) for prosperity, cabbage for greenbacks, and corn 'cause I like corn!  Almost forgot - we also had apple/raisin salad.  No sweets for me.  Leftover fruitcake for Mom & Dad.

Health and Prosperity in 2010!!
Last edited by o2bthin on January 2nd, 2010, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Well for lunch today we had my homemade meatloaf, with black eye peas and pinto beans mixed, and corn..the others had rolls and cornbread and lemon cake with lemon Icing...No breads or cake for me....then I went to Walmart and got stuff to make a 3 bean salad....of course mine will have more then 3 beans in it, and lots of fresh vegetables that I am going to roast this week.  So the rest of the day I am going to be boiling eggs, washing vegetables and making my bean salad for the next week.  Sandra you know what we have been talking about for the last couple of weeks on the phone, well I am going to start tomorrow and see what happens...Will let you know how it goes.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

I'm from North Carolina and I had the traditional lunch that I have had all of my life.  Black eye peas, greens and pork chops. My husband asked me yesterday if I had the fixings for todays lunch. (well duh) as if I would forget.

Cookie
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

We feasted and watched football games.  Glad the Bucks won!!!  I fixed pork loin, un -stuffed cabbage casserole(recipe from boards), white beans, cornbread, pizza soup without meat, roasted red potatoes, cole slaw, veggies and fruit.  We all  had what we wanted.  I had pizza soup just a while ago.  It is so delicious.  I left the turkey out of it so I could have a bowl at evening meal.  I had two bowls.  There was a peach pie for hubby's dessert.  I will definitely do the un-stuffed cabbage casserole again.  It is so good.  My daughter and I will have enough for tomorrow.  No cooking, just warm-ups.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Joyful Friend 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Here we also have to have black eyed peas and cabbage on New Year's Day.  We went to my husband's parents and I ate the peas and a cabbage dish my mother-in-law fixed with a salad.  Not too bad as far as LDL.  I've eaten a few non LDL things, but plan to really keep it pure starting Monday.  I am going to try Express Train for a month or so, until I see my body will no longer lose.  I'm curious to see where it will stop.  Then I will maintain within 5 lbs. of wherever it stops.  That's the plan right now, anyway.  With LDL, I know I can maintain.

Oh, we hit a great sale today and there were so many people at the mall.  I got 2 nice pairs of shoes that I will wear once my foot heals up.  I got to share this WOE with the lady who checked me out at the register.  She was very appreciative to hear about LDL.  Also, got to share with some ladies at our annual New Year's Eve party about LDL.  One of the ladies lost 12 lbs. in two weeks because she started LDL after I told her about it!  She is sharing it with so many people too.  Her son is getting married in May and I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle.  She has registered on this site, but hasn't started posting yet.  She reads the posts and is learning so much. 
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Usually New Years Day we make a big fatty ham and au grauten potatoes and all the fixings that go with it.  Lots of deserts and lots of snack crackers for later with cheese and meats. 
Thank God for LDL where we ate a fantastic lunch of Blackberry/Balsamic Pork with cauliflower fake potato salad and corn.  I feel great and I am not craving any of those things that made me fat all these years.  Tradition is great but I am glad food wise we found a new way of making memories.  My son loved the lunch and didn't even know he was eating so called "diet" food.  We even found we can play games and not surround it with snacking and still have alot of fun. 
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

By the way, Barry, welcome to LDL and the message boards!!!  It's good to have another happy passenger on the train to Skinnytown with us.  You're gonna love the LDL journey! 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Thanks for the welcome, o2bthin. I feel right at home here. I gaining lots of useful knowledge from reading the posts. I look forward to being able to have my questions answered by th Board's more experienced members. Take care, Ollie.
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.