Fourth Week - 0 pounds lost. I blew it but back on the wagon

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
MNGirl
New, but learning

Fourth Week - 0 pounds lost. I blew it but back on the wagon

Post by MNGirl »

Still holding at 12 pounds gone as of this morning. I let my bad habit of late night crunching get the better of me early in the week. But I am back on track. I lost the few pounds I gained and am looking forward to next week.

Lesson learned - be prepared! That Cracklin Oat Bran was SO not worth it! Crumbled Rye Wasa Crackers plus stevia and cinnamon with a splash of skim milk would have been just as good. Well, live and learn.
ZsaZsa

Re: Fourth Week - 0 pounds lost. I blew it but back on the wagon

Post by ZsaZsa »

Hang in there girl! 12lbs is awesome!!!! :thumbsup:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Mtn Girl,

12 lbs is fab u lous!  Congratulations!  :thumbsup: 
Just make all your choices automatic and you will keep moving toward your goal.

The crunching at night is a tough one to break - I can attest to that. Just keep on and try to change your routine at night so you can break the pattern.

Julie :rose:
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

MnGirl,

I had those late night crunchy cravings so I got a WalMart microwave pop corn popper and I fix the pop corn just like Roger recommends in the book....popped with nothing on it and spray olive oil spray after its popped. Add a tiny bit of salt and I'm all set and it is LDL approved snacking!! No derailing yourself!

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Mtn,

I was thinking about your post last night and there is one other thing (maybe more) to consider.  Make sure you are drinking enough - esp water. Sometimes if our bodies are looking to hydrate it masks as hunger, if we ignore the thirst signs. It will do anything to get the water it needs to function. So have a glass of water and see if that helps.

Julie :rose:
MNGirl
New, but learning

Post by MNGirl »

Thanks everyone. It has nothing to do with hunger - its the need to be physically crunching on something. I have my arsenal of weapons - popcorn, the roasted chick peas I made and roasted soy nuts. Onward and downward!

At the moment I am weighing once a week and it is exciting to see the numbers go down, no matter if its a pound or a few ounces, as long as its going down. Honest - there is NO WAY I could not weigh for a month at a time. A week is hard enough!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome and congratulations on finding and committing to this way of eating!
Keep reading Chapters 2-6 till it all makes sense to you. You can do this,
Bobbi
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I haven't said this openly in a while, but weighing more often helps me stay on track and it keeps me honest with myself.  I've caught some things by knowing what caused the weight gain. I shudder to think of what would have happened had I only weighed once a month.  I wouldn't have caught the things causing weight gain or known how to reverse it.  I think I'd have given up on this wonderful way of eating.  For me popcorn does it and if I stay away from it I lose much, much faster.  If I'd have eaten as much popcorn as I would want to, I know I would not have lost even close to 47 lbs. by this time.  I'm thinking maybe 15 - 20 or maybe not even.  I caught myself gaining from popcorn even.  We are all fearfully and wonderfully made -- and we are all unique.  Anyway, if you feel you need to weigh more than once a month, don't feel bad about it.  Some people get really discouraged and can't handle seeing their weight go up.  For me, if I'd have been on the program a month and I was eating popcorn each night and at the end of the month I weighed myself to find I hadn't lost weight (or maybe gained!  :shock: ), I probably wouldn't have stuck with it.  So for me it was best to weigh.  I guess we know ourselves well enough to know which kind of person we are.
MNGirl
New, but learning

Post by MNGirl »

Crickadoodle, I feel the same way. Weighing more often than once a month helps keeps me on track! Imagine eating lots of something that is OK for LDL but reacts in a negative way for you. After one month you happily hop on the scale in anticipation only to find you have gained 10 pounds.

That would have happened to me with chili. I would have been livid! Weighing once a week would have shown me that chili is either off-limits or I need to find a better way to make it (ground turnkey, not beef).

As time goes on and we know what works for us and what doesn't, I have no problem with the once-a month weigh in.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

crickadoodle wrote:weighing more often helps me stay on track and it keeps me honest with myself.  I've caught some things by knowing what caused the weight gain. I wouldn't have caught the things causing weight gain or known how to reverse it. For me popcorn does it and if I stay away from it I lose much, much faster. 

I have weighed myself once a week from the start of LDL for the same reasons as Crickadoodle.  However, unlike her I eat popcorn almost every night because I get the "evening munchies" and have not had a weight stall or gain.  My weight fluctuated weekly; sometimes up a pound or two, but mostly down.  The pound or two never discouraged me, it just made me more aware of what I had eaten during the week that caused the weight swing.  Mostly it was because I hadn't eaten enough fresh fruit.
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

MNGirl wrote:Crickadoodle, I feel the same way. Weighing more often than once a month helps keeps me on track! Imagine eating lots of something that is OK for LDL but reacts in a negative way for you. After one month you happily hop on the scale in anticipation only to find you have gained 10 pounds.

MNGirl,

I feel the same way that you and MNGirl do about more frequent weigh-ins.  If I'm doing something that's causing me to gain weight, I'd rather know about it sooner rather than later.  I don't hop on the scale every day (Ok, lately I have been, because it is GOING DOWN like crazy!) and I'm aware of plateaus and water weight gains, but I like seeing the numbers getting smaller rather than bigger for a change.  :D

Best wishes,
Horkster
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
vmanning
New, but learning

Post by vmanning »

Can someone tell me where you can buy the Rye Wasa Crackers?
Thanks,
VM
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I have bought them at Wal-Mart and the Health Food Center
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...