2 weeks 6lbs down

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
ZsaZsa

2 weeks 6lbs down

Post by ZsaZsa »

I'm a newbie here and just started the plan. I first started out by weighing and measuring my food on a "normal" 1300 cal. diet. I lost 1.5lbs the first 2 days but by day 4 I had gained .5 of a lb! Go figure..LOL!! I since have found out that my Glycemic load was too high with what I was eating..OYE! So I remembered this little book I bought several months ago in a Christian book store "Let's Do Lunch" got it off the shelf and read it in 2 days. Started the way of eating the next day and the weight is falling off of me...wooohooo! I was formerly a fitness instructor that quit cold turkey after 5 yrs and put 20lbs on...then spent the next several years trying to get prego and gained another 15lbs and haven't been able too loose it until this fantastic eating plan. I am just so psyched that the scale is actually moving down for a change...LOL!!! I want to take off another 15 or so as I'm not the same body I was when I was 25 and teaching fitness,I have more muscle now than I did then as I still work out 4-5 days a week. I just won the push-up contest at our gym doing 30 guy push-ups (at 49 yrs old) and I beat out the 18 yr old...she did 20! So I do the gym thang...but just need to shake these pounds off....Looking forward to cheering everyone on!!! :D
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: 2 weeks 6lbs down

Post by barrypaxton »

Hi ZsaZsa,

Sounds like you had the same experience with other diets that many of us here have had. They just don't work because you are limiting yourself and as a result you are constantly going hungry. I lost tons of weight doing WW and counting points. The problem was it allowed you to eat sugars. I was constantly craving something sweet and so I gained the weight back. On the LDL eating plan, I don't have those cravings. I eat when I'm hungry. I have lost 30 lbs since the middle of October and I really want to lose another 55 to 60 lbs. However, I am not worried about it. It may come off slowly, but I don't care as long as I know that I'm eating healthy.  I look forward to eating this way for the rest of my life. I can't wait for the blood work and Dr appointment at the end of this month. I haven't been there since I started doing LDL. Boy, is he ever going to be surprised!!!

ZsaZsa you hang in there. Come to the message board often. There are many caring people on here who will be glad to support in this journey. You might even have some that invite you to join them in a cup of tea or two.

Many blessings and have a wonderful LDL day,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
MNGirl
New, but learning

Post by MNGirl »

Good for you! I will look forward to your posts keeping us updated.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome to the train to skiinytown. You can do it. This way of eating works because it is a way of eating. It is also a very healthy woe.
Enjoy the ride,
Bobbi
ZsaZsa

Post by ZsaZsa »

Thanks for the welcome everyone :) I can't believe I'm not hungry all the time :tongue: I actually had to make myself eat my dinner tonight!
Roadglide

Post by Roadglide »

Zsa Zsa, you only have 10 lbs more to loose?  It won't take long to knock that off.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

WOW Zsa Zsa you will be at weight in no time at all,  you are doing wonderful and are a true example of how well this WOE works.
ZsaZsa

Post by ZsaZsa »

I have always tried to eat right, not much of a carb eater or a sweet eater...got lucky there..was raised on Olive oil being Italian so I shy away from other oils....not so much dieting as I did that crazy stuff in my 20's but am 49 now and know better..LOL! My dad has a bad pancreas, so we never had fried food in the house growing up as it would give my dad an attack..just a pretty clean eater. I've always worked out except the one yr I quit cold turkey from teaching fitness...that's the year I put on most of my weight...having weighed 125lbs at 5'5.5"...I would tell dh to shoot me if I ever hit 150lbs...LOL! Well that came and went...I got up to 164! Today I'm weighing in at 151.5. I believe the changing of my hormones has contributed to some of this stubborn weight but eating LDL has seemed to have cracked the fat code in my body!! I would ideally like to get to around 135 which would be good for my build. I'm not delicate in any sense of the word. I have a lot of muscle and I think to be any thinner may make me look gaunt....but I'll travel this road and see where it leads me :D
Last edited by ZsaZsa on February 3rd, 2010, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.