Fifth Week - 17 pounds down

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
MNGirl
New, but learning

Fifth Week - 17 pounds down

Post by MNGirl »

All I can say is YAY! Thank you to everyone for the encouragement and suggestions. LDL works! Tonight is our company party and I will take the advice I got here by eating enough to take the edge off before I go and concentrating on the people and fun instead of the food.

Lesson learned this week - just get back on the program!

My next challenge - I am going to an all-inclusive in Cancun at the end of February. I drink very seldom but vacation is one of the times that I like to have a fruit foo-foo drink with fresh fruit and umbrellas. I've been checking out the menus and it looks like I will have a good selection of fresh foods.
MNGirl
New, but learning

Re: Fifth Week - 17 pounds down

Post by MNGirl »

Amen to that! I have 3 goals - 1. Regain my health, 2. Look good and 3. Get control over my eating habits (or in Bible-Speak put my flesh under subjection).

I survived the company dinner. Truthfully, I was afraid of what eould happen. I ate past the point where I was satisifed but it was all LDL food. I was not even tempted by the potatoes or breads.

My proudest moment - they put three desserts in front of me. I realized I did not want to dive into them headfirst and devour them to the last crumb like I would have 6 weeks ago but I did want to taste them. I took a teaspoon and filled it halfway with a bite of each dessert. And that was enough. I had the plate taken away. My curiosity was satisfied and I did not have any desire for more. I knew though that if they had sat there I would have picked at them just because they were there.

Lesson learned - take those plates away!
ZsaZsa

Post by ZsaZsa »

Great!! I like the dessert idea...I'm not much on sweets but a bite will do me just fine! :tongue: Congrats on the 17lbs!!!
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

17 lbs in 5 weeks is fantastic!  COngratulations!

Julie :rose: